• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] Oh My Font — Google Sans Prime — Custom Font Installer

Search This thread

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
I'm using this GSP module on Android 12 but capital letters like C & G were different on Android's previous version. They used to be rounded but now they're different.
The latest Google Sans version is now a variable font (VF). What you see are just the variations of it. All the information about VF and how to take advantages of them can be found on the module's GitHub link and all over the Internet. I'm not going to go into detail here.
All the control over how the font looks are in your hands. The only thing that matters is you are able to take it or not.?

Last edited:

Toni Suwanto

May 9, 2012
Where to put twrp extension, tried add both files, create twrp folder to ohmyfont folder, add the files to omf.zip but none work. Using orangefox but i think doesn't matter

Toni Suwanto

May 9, 2012
Where to put twrp extension, tried add both files, create twrp folder to ohmyfont folder, add the files to omf.zip but none work. Using orangefox but i think doesn't matter
Screenshot_20211026-075802.png
Screenshot_20211026-075738.png

lokogan

Dec 1, 2013
Oh My Font
Improve Android Typography

GitLab

OMF is the most advanced font module ever made. It is a collection of typefaces which are believed to improve the overall Android Typography experience.​
Hi, it appears that this module breaks Zygist and Magisk Hide on Canary and Alpha builds of Magisk. Once installed, all apps on Deny list or Magisk hide list will crash on launch. I am on Pixel 3, A12 stock ROM. OMF module used 2021102601.

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Hi, it appears that this module breaks Zygist and Magisk Hide on Canary and Alpha builds of Magisk. Once installed, all apps on Deny list or Magisk hide list will crash on launch. I am on Pixel 3, A12 stock ROM. OMF module used 2021102601.
That is correct. On Android 12, once you hide apps in Magisk, the apps don't have access to the modules anymore. And they will crash because of that.

freemannhp

Jan 9, 2017
Google Pixel 6
Flashed GSP.zip with an a12 aosp rom, all things including setting menu work well except Gmail. Unread email seems not to bold enough as stock font. It is difficult to tell them from read emails.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had been using OMF for months, and then I tried GSP. With UR grad value of 30, it is sooo perfect for me. Thank you very much Hoàng!
    Oh My Font
    Improve Android Typography

GitLab

OMF is the most advanced font module ever made. It is a collection of typefaces which are believed to improve the overall Android Typography experience.​
    Google Sans Prime
    It's Google Sans, just better

GitLab

GS Prime is the next gen of the old Google Sans Plus with the new variable font technology and based on the advanced OMF template.

—————

Custom Font Installer
    Install custom font manually

GitHub

For those who prefer DIY, get fonts and apply them on your phone via Magisk or TWRP.​
    Just wanna say, there's new update.
    Download
    Check OP. I've just uploaded a simple video demonstrates what San Francisco font is capable of. You'll be able to play with those sliders yourself soon.
    Is there a way to preview the font before actually making the change?
    Short answer: No, Magisk requires reboot. It's Magisk side of things.
    Long answer: Kind of. If you have an PC, go this website. Drop font file to the website. (All font files are inside the zip itself)