[MODULE] Oh My Font — Google Sans Prime — Custom Font Installer

Search This thread

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
Didn't do afdko though, I'll try with that.
Yeah okay, so that didn't work. The KillGMS and the Afdko did not help with the FC issue of Play store. I don't if there's any way I'm extracting this stuff wrong but it should be pretty straightforward.

Edit:- nevermind, I've seemed to get it to work!

Last edited:

Gleniu

Aug 18, 2008
Hello guys, I need help with Google Sans Prime module. I just can't get it to work correctly. Basically, the Google Sans font is only applied to the condensed font. I'm on MIUI 13.0.10 EEA (official one, not EU), Android 12, Magisk 25.2, default config file, ROMs extension script. I'm attaching three screenshots from Nova Launcher app drawer - one with normal font set in Nova settings, one with medium font set, and another one with condesed font set. Please see the capital G on Google folder - it looks as expected only with condensed font set. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have just attached a ZIP with 3 more files - config.cfg I'm using and two fonts.xml files I extracted from my device - original for MIUI 13 (org_fonts.xml) and after flashing GSP module (gsp_fonts.xml). Maybe it will help.

Attachments

• Medium.jpg
    Medium.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Condensed.jpg
    Condensed.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Normal.jpg
    Normal.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 43
  • fonts_xml.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Hello guys, I need help with Google Sans Prime module. I just can't get it to work correctly. Basically, the Google Sans font is only applied to the condensed font. I'm on MIUI 13.0.10 EEA (official one, not EU), Android 12, Magisk 25.2, default config file, ROMs extension script. I'm attaching three screenshots from Nova Launcher app drawer - one with normal font set in Nova settings, one with medium font set, and another one with condesed font set. Please see the capital G on Google folder - it looks as expected only with condensed font set. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have just attached a ZIP with 3 more files - config.cfg I'm using and two fonts.xml files I extracted from my device - original for MIUI 13 (org_fonts.xml) and after flashing GSP module (gsp_fonts.xml). Maybe it will help.
There's no problem with the fonts.xml. Your ROM does not follow the fontxml. It uses fonts that locates somewhere else for its system font.

Gleniu

Aug 18, 2008
There's no problem with the fonts.xml. Your ROM does not follow the fontxml. It uses fonts that locates somewhere else for its system font.
Thanks for reply. I think that Xiaomi changed something in MIUI, but I'm not sure what. My custom emojis (installed by CFI) stopped working overnight at the beginning of September. I tried another module (by Androidacy) that was working fine before, but also no luck. I didn't update MIUI, I didn't update modules, Magisk, etc. The only thing that got updated about that time was a system app called "Xiaomi Service Framework" (version 6.0.6-G after updating). That's the only culprit I can think of. Anyway, Google Sans hasn't work for me at any time in the past since I'm on MIUI 13, but I love and appreciate your hard work and I will surely get back to your fonts it if I'm not using MIUI anymore. For now, I just got used to the default system ones :)

Reactions: nongthaihoang

Digits001

Sep 30, 2022
For OneUI 4.1, the fonts in the <family name="sec"> part of fonts.xml need to be changed to Roboto-Regular.ttf as well. If not, the UI displays the default font instead of the custom one in the notifications and Samsung apps (Messages, etc.) even after flashing rom extension. Fixed it by editing the fonts.xml file.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working on my OP7P running an A13 custom ROM. Thanks! @nongthaihoang :cowboy:
    Thanks for reply. I think that Xiaomi changed something in MIUI, but I'm not sure what. My custom emojis (installed by CFI) stopped working overnight at the beginning of September. I tried another module (by Androidacy) that was working fine before, but also no luck. I didn't update MIUI, I didn't update modules, Magisk, etc. The only thing that got updated about that time was a system app called "Xiaomi Service Framework" (version 6.0.6-G after updating). That's the only culprit I can think of. Anyway, Google Sans hasn't work for me at any time in the past since I'm on MIUI 13, but I love and appreciate your hard work and I will surely get back to your fonts it if I'm not using MIUI anymore. For now, I just got used to the default system ones :)
    Oh My Font
    Improve Android Typography

GitLab

OMF is the most advanced font module ever made. It is a collection of typefaces which are believed to improve the overall Android Typography experience.​
    Google Sans Prime
    It's Google Sans, just better

GitLab

GS Prime is the next gen of the old Google Sans Plus with the new variable font technology and based on the advanced OMF template.

—————

Custom Font Installer
    Install custom font manually

GitHub

For those who prefer DIY, get fonts and apply them on your phone via Magisk or TWRP.​
    Just wanna say, there's new update.
    Download
    Check OP. I've just uploaded a simple video demonstrates what San Francisco font is capable of. You'll be able to play with those sliders yourself soon.
    Is there a way to preview the font before actually making the change?
    Short answer: No, Magisk requires reboot. It's Magisk side of things.
    Long answer: Kind of. If you have an PC, go this website. Drop font file to the website. (All font files are inside the zip itself)