• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] Oh My Font & Google Sans Prime

Search This thread

wileecoyote7

Jul 25, 2021
Hello,

first off thanks for all your work, I've really appreciated it!

I was wondering if there is any chance of getting the old GSP module available for download?
I just can't accept the styling of the numbers in A12 GSP.. alternatively, is it possible to use Android 11 GSP with the current module?

Thanks in advance!

wileecoyote7

Jul 25, 2021
Hello,

first off thanks for all your work, I've really appreciated it!

I was wondering if there is any chance of getting the old GSP module available for download?
I just can't accept the styling of the numbers in A12 GSP.. alternatively, is it possible to use Android 11 GSP with the current module?

Thanks in advance!
Basically I'd like to have the optical size to be set at 18 everywhere.. I've done it in the config by changing the 17s in 18s and rebooting, disabling and re-enabling the module and so on but still I get the OPSZ 17 style numbers (I see them in Gboard or Nova Launcher search bar for example).

What am I doing wrong?

wileecoyote7

Jul 25, 2021
I managed to get the result i wanted by editing the fonts.xml file in modules folder manually.
Still I don't get why it's like it doesn't read the config file.. any clue?

raptor22

Feb 4, 2012
Singapore
Just to confirm the steps;

- Flash GSP Magisk Module
- Reboot
- Ensure config.cfg is in OMF folder
- Flash GSP module again

What do I need to edit in config.cfg in order for the system font to be GSP? Can't find any info on the wiki on this, and GSP is not being used as system font currently

Last edited:

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Just to confirm the steps;

- Flash GSP Magisk Module
- Reboot
- Ensure config.cfg is in OMF folder
- Flash GSP module again

What do I need to edit in config.cfg in order for the system font to be GSP? Can't find any info on the wiki on this, and GSP is not being used as system font currently
- You are right. Just INSTALL THE MODULE to apply your changes in the config if any.
- Installing the module is the only what you need. Most of Android ROMs use Roboto by default. But if your ROM uses a custom font, you have to DISABLE it yourself. It's out of my reach.

raptor22

Feb 4, 2012
Singapore
- You are right. Just INSTALL THE MODULE to apply your changes in the config if any.
- Installing the module is the only what you need. Most of Android ROMs use Roboto by default. But if your ROM uses a custom font, you have to DISABLE it yourself. It's out of my reach.
Thanks for your reply. I'm on stock ROM, Pixel 4Xl, no other font modifier/module installed. However, most system fonts (and apps that rely on it) are still Roboto. The Magisk installation logs don;t indicate anything wrong either? Am I doing something wrong?

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Thanks for your reply. I'm on stock ROM, Pixel 4Xl, no other font modifier/module installed. However, most system fonts (and apps that rely on it) are still Roboto. The Magisk installation logs don;t indicate anything wrong either? Am I doing something wrong?
Especially, if you're on stock Anroid. All all fonts will change (except apps that has custom font buit-in, e.g., Gapps, Telegram). This module is over 2 years development, despite the name has changed but there's no such issue as it doesn't work for stock Android. Further more, I personally use Pixel, so there's no reason the module doesn't work for you while it works for me.

raptor22

Feb 4, 2012
Singapore
Especially, if you're on stock Anroid. All all fonts will change (except apps that has custom font buit-in, e.g., Gapps, Telegram). This module is over 2 years development, despite the name has changed but there's no such issue as it doesn't work for stock Android. Further more, I personally use Pixel, so there's no reason the module doesn't work for you while it works for me.
To update, managed to resolve it. Turns out in my first try, the config file was left over (file manager app did not complete delete) and conflicting with the one that I was installing in my second install. Fixed it and it's all good now. Thanks for the module

Reactions: nongthaihoang

TheLastJediVII

Apr 13, 2017
OnePlus 8 Pro
PLEASE bring back that old stile "L" lowercase with that ponta sloping top tip as an Open Type Feature. It's much more elegant and beautiful than tailed lowercase "L".

Bringing it back as an OTF would be amazing. It was perfect.

lucoke959

Apr 19, 2018
I need your help
I flash GSP, it doesn't work well in my phone
My phone is running Crdroid 7.8, android 11, the language is Vietnamese.

My step is just flashing it, I do not change the config at all

Screenshot_20210806-180000984 (1).jpg

Last edited:

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
I need your help
I flash GSP, it doesn't work well in my phone
My phone is running Crdroid 7.8, android 11, the language is Vietnamese.

My step is just flashing it, I do not change the config at all

View attachment 5379507
I can only guarantee the module works best on Stock Android. Other roms may have their own custom font setting
which prevents the font from working probably. There's nothing I can do about it.

Reactions: lucoke959

Top Liked Posts