May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Oh My Font
Improve Android Typography

Wiki
Gitlab
Download

-----

TLDR: OMF is the most advanced font module ever made. It is a collection of typefaces which are believed to improve overall Android Typography experience. Even more, OMF gives you the ability to control how fonts will look like.

Try it yourself

-----

This is now the discussion thread for OMF.
Welcome everyone to the new home.​

Last edited:

satyam7869

Aug 19, 2016
Oh My Font
Improve Android Typography

Wiki
Gitlab
Download

-----

OMF is the most advanced font module ever made. It is a collection of typefaces which are believed to improve your overall Android Typography experience. Even more, OMF gives you the ability to control how your font will look like.

Try it yourself

-----

This is now the discussion thread for OMF.
Welcome everyone to the new home.​
It's not working in hydrogen os 11 . Pls try to solve whats the issue I'm a omf user .

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
It's not working in hydrogen os 11 . Pls try to solve whats the issue I'm a omf user .
1. Never quote the OP. That's annoying.
2. There's no issue to be solved. Your ROM is just not supported yet. There's no tester/maintainer.
3. How can you be an OMF user if the module didn't work for you? Do you change ROM regularly? If so I don't recommend using OMF. It's pointless to help someone who will switch to another ROM anyway. For that reason I only support specific devices (stock ROMs).

satyam7869

Aug 19, 2016
1. Never quote the OP. That's annoying.
2. There's no issue to be solved. Your ROM is just not supported yet. There's no tester/maintainer.
3. How can you be an OMF user if the module didn't work for you? Do you change ROM regularly? If so I don't recommend using OMF. It's pointless to help someone who will switch to another ROM anyway. For that reason I only support specific devices (stock ROMs).
I don't switch roms . It was working on OOS 10 .
I can test the module for you. You just had to add support for new devices/roms . I am an omf user it worked for me on OOS 10 .

Harbey

Nov 17, 2016
Ado
I think the best bet is to allow customization directly from magisk (just like how Full screen imersive gesture allows it) all this editing is super hard to do, I don't know how to do it right, or better still you can make a video tutorial.

grandpajiver

Sep 3, 2013
Milwaukee
I think the best bet is to allow customization directly from magisk (just like how Full screen imersive gesture allows it) all this editing is super hard to do, I don't know how to do it right, or better still you can make a video tutorial.
The developer spelled out the instructions quite well, provided what would happen if you adjusted your font weight, and additional options. Maybe adding a few commented out lines to the configuration file for the GS=false and OTF options could be added to the configuration file... but I could probably take a guess where they would go (probably under the OPSZ option).

I would rather edit a static text file that will overwrite itself with an update/incorrect configuration, which will prevent bootloops, rather than click the volume keys frequently to adjust stuff.

The Wiki provided a nice explanation, and gave good background information on how font weights and styles work.

Honestly, I prefer this to other font modification modules I had installed (FontConfig, other systemless font replacement modules).. it has way more customization than other modules. After you edit the text file on your phone, save a copy if there is an update.

Thanks, @nongthaihoang for the module. It is really well done.

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
There are unlimited number of possibilities for the config. Imagine how many different combinations of 4 axis values from the demo link in the OP. How does that fit on "allow customization directly from Magisk". Are you willing to press the volume key hundreds, thousands of time instead of typing few lines of text to get what you want? I don't think so. It's not even possible to do it that way.

"Great power comes great responsibility". The config is there but not for everyone, it's only for those who spent time to read and understand. The module works without the need of configuring anything. You can stay with the default settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: shadowstep

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Maybe adding a few commented out lines to the configuration file for the GS=false and OTF options could be added to the configuration file... but I could probably take a guess where they would go (probably under the OPSZ option).

Thanks, @nongthaihoang for the module. It is really well done.
The config only contains essentials. Other hidden ones are like a reward for those who read the wiki.
You can add these options anywhere in the config file doesn't matter. The whole config file will be parsed by the installer.

And you're welcome. 🤗

Reactions: shadowstep

radz_

Feb 23, 2013
Tried flashing this module in OOS 11 OnePlus 7T Pro, it didn't work unfortunately.😥

Is there a workaround? It was great in OOS10

Last edited: