[MODULE] Oh My Font - Improve Android Typography

Search This thread

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
I've been using SFPlus Font v4.3 module for quite some time now cause that worked best to my taste compared to v4.6, & now I just flashed OMF module one thing I immediately noticed that SF font doesn't apply everywhere! For example status bar, google apps etc,(Pixel Experience Rom 11+) where your module SFPlus module does change them! I wanted to increase letter spacing a bit that's I flashed OMF but can't figure it out!
Read the wiki.

ponichia

Dec 8, 2016
4xl stock android 11
Opsz 21a
GRAD 406
SF with GS headline is great

Screenshot_20210410-211423.png

But I don't know why in Zalo app, some feed post is still on old android robo font. Zz

Shashwat Xtremezs

Apr 18, 2018
Patna, Bihar
Read the wiki.
Am I missing something cause I'm still not able to SF font in my status bar, I think I've to stick to your SFPlus Font module (v4.3) with increased letter spacing that works so well, I just wanted same configuration with OMF but with little modification with spacing, width, weight, optical size, grade, (I've attached my own customised one in that toggle control you added, also you can see the status bar it works well with your SFP module not just that except of some google apps (that also happened in latest updates of google apps earlier it used to work) it applies everywhere for eg. lock screen etc.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210411-110523_Solid_Explorer.png
    Screenshot_20210411-110523_Solid_Explorer.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20210409-194439_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210409-194439_Chrome.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Angry
Reactions: nongthaihoang

ponichia

Dec 8, 2016
Am I missing something cause I'm still not able to SF font in my status bar, I think I've to stick to your SFPlus Font module (v4.3) with increased letter spacing that works so well, I just wanted same configuration with OMF but with little modification with spacing, width, weight, optical size, grade, (I've attached my own customised one in that toggle control you added, also you can see the status bar it works well with your SFP module not just that except of some google apps (that also happened in latest updates of google apps earlier it used to work) it applies everywhere for eg. lock screen etc.)
GS=false (remove #)

pleasetouchmenot

Nov 12, 2015
Redmi Note 8 Pro
The new update of Google Sans Font (5.0) is so dope. Now with OhMyFont like config file, it is so easy to setup, plus the legible option is so nifty. This is soo good. Thanks for the update @nongthaihoang . I missed your GSP module font so much. Glad that it came back with a new awesome feature.

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
The new update of Google Sans Font (5.0) is so dope. Now with OhMyFont like config file, it is so easy to setup, plus the legible option is so nifty. This is soo good. Thanks for the update @nongthaihoang . I missed your GSP module font so much. Glad that it came back with a new awesome feature.
Great to see you're still using GSP. BTW, I've just reuploaded a quick fix v5.0.1. Despite I've tested many times, I left a typo in the codes.

Reactions: pleasetouchmenot

pleasetouchmenot

Nov 12, 2015
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Great to see you're still using GSP. BTW, I've just reuploaded a quick fix v5.0.1. Despite I've tested many times, I left a typo in the codes.
Yeah because that's the cleanest yet customizable GSP font module that i've used. And the time that you archived it back then, it makes me sad. Not just me, but there's so many users who really liked your font module.

Btw great! If i update the module, do i need to configure the config file again, or flash and forget? Thanks so much for updating it. I'm so happy right now.

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Yeah because that's the cleanest yet customizable GSP font module that i've used. And the time that you archived it back then, it makes me sad. Not just me, but there's so many users who really liked your font module.

Btw great! If i update the module, do i need to configure the config file again, or flash and forget? Thanks so much for updating it. I'm so happy right now.
👍
You only need to config once. The next time you flash the module, your config will be read and apply automatically.

Reactions: pleasetouchmenot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanna say, there's new update.
    Download
    ah it's weird, just checked font.xml from modpath and found it's not patched! ._.

OMF v2021.04.19
    Magisk Canary fb8000b4 (22104) 21
    NVM, it was Magisk issue probably, changed my kernel now Magisk fully functional and OMF also. :)

👍
    You only need to config once. The next time you flash the module, your config will be read and apply automatically.
    Oh My Font
    Improve Android Typography

GitLab

OMF is the most advanced font module ever made. It is a collection of typefaces which are believed to improve overall Android Typography experience.​
    Just wanna say, there's new update.
    Download
    Check OP. I've just uploaded a simple video demonstrates what San Francisco font is capable of. You'll be able to play with those sliders yourself soon.
    Updated OP. You can now play with San Francisco variable font yourself and better understanding how to configure the font the way you want.
    I think the best bet is to allow customization directly from magisk (just like how Full screen imersive gesture allows it) all this editing is super hard to do, I don't know how to do it right, or better still you can make a video tutorial.

The developer spelled out the instructions quite well, provided what would happen if you adjusted your font weight, and additional options. Maybe adding a few commented out lines to the configuration file for the GS=false and OTF options could be added to the configuration file... but I could probably take a guess where they would go (probably under the OPSZ option).

I would rather edit a static text file that will overwrite itself with an update/incorrect configuration, which will prevent bootloops, rather than click the volume keys frequently to adjust stuff.

The Wiki provided a nice explanation, and gave good background information on how font weights and styles work.

Honestly, I prefer this to other font modification modules I had installed (FontConfig, other systemless font replacement modules).. it has way more customization than other modules. After you edit the text file on your phone, save a copy if there is an update.

Thanks, @nongthaihoang for the module. It is really well done.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone