[Module][Pie/Q][3.1.7] QuickSwitch - Universal Quickstep Switcher

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Here is the log.
Lawnchair v2 and quickswitch 1.0.7
But Don't work
Thanks. I'm going to release 1.0.8 either later tonight or tomorrow. That has better logging and a visible error will show in the app if the scripts didn't do what they are supposed to do. Wait for that and I'll see if it fixes it for you, if not the logging is better.

Sent from my LGE Nexus 5X using XDA Labs

kancrutt

Nov 9, 2007
JakARTa
I have MIX 2 running Nitrogen Pie with Quickstep as default launcher. after installing QuickSwitch and Pixel Launcher 9 from apkmirror, and changed recents provider to Pixel Launcher, I can't get Pixel recents with Dock. any suggestions?

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Just found out about another module that causes a pain for QuickSwitch.
AODEnabler by shagbag913.

Essentially it creates /product/overlay even though afaik only huawei devices use it. So with the way QuickSwitch works it'll force the quickstep overlay to be placed in /product/overlay. The overlay that module places also uses a priority of 99 and targets Android System so the modules themselves conflict to. Once I fix a few more bugs I'll be releasing 1.0.9 which will abort install if AODEnabler is detected, showing a prompt as to why.

So if anyone is having issues, make sure they do not have AODEnabler installed before reporting issues.

---edit---

Users having issues are on an older version of AODEnabler. However it still manually creates /product/overlay so I think it still conflicts.

Last edited:

tdfsu

May 9, 2012
I'm confused as to what this does. I'm on a Pixel 3 with Pie and Lawnchair v2.

Thanks in advance for clarification.

Shponglized

Aug 4, 2012
Louisville
I've got this functioning like 99% perfectly on Lawnchair. I have one minor suggestion that would make quickstep perfect with this. But I assume the change would have to be made in Lawnchair. Are you the same Dev that works on that?

I'll go ahead and describe what I'm getting at.
I've noticed a few users mention that they're not getting the quickdock and search bar under recents.

For me i have that feature when I swipe up from from home button in any app, but on the stock Quickstep launcher a swipe up on the dock or search bar or home button all bring up that menu, and personally that's the #1 feature I'm looking for with this. I absolutely love the smart dock type feature with Quickstep and being able to access it by pulling up my regular dock is very fluid and seamless.

Now the suggestion part, wouldn't we just need a swipe up from dock/search bar gesture in Lawnchair settings to open recents?

Edit: actually it's there. Disregard everything I said above haha.
To achieve this I set (in Lawnchair settings)
Swipe Up; Do Nothing.
Swipe up from dock; Switch Apps

Thanks for this incredible mod and launcher, I'm finally happy with my setup!

Last edited:

Fr1endsh1p

Dec 24, 2016
It works fine with my lawnchair but when i tried the oneplus launcher from Telegram group, it got an FC. And the QuichSwitch app always
shows restart needed though i reboot for many times.
My devices is Xiaomi Mix 2s with havoc rom.

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
I'm confused as to what this does. I'm on a Pixel 3 with Pie and Lawnchair v2.

Thanks in advance for clarification.
The module allows the user to get the full pie recents implementation in certain launchers. (With the dock while in recents, or oneplus gestures if using the one plus launcher port)

It works fine with my lawnchair but when i tried the oneplus launcher from Telegram group, it got an FC. And the QuichSwitch app always
shows restart needed though i reboot for many times.
My devices is Xiaomi Mix 2s with havoc rom.
Did you follow the instructions to use the one plus launcher?

Fr1endsh1p

Dec 24, 2016
The module allows the user to get the full pie recents implementation in certain launchers. (With the dock while in recents, or oneplus gestures if using the one plus launcher port)

Did you follow the instructions to use the one plus launcher?
yep, Flash the module, reboot, install oneplus launcher, change recents provider, reboot. Then the Oneplus Launcher crashed.
the log shows here del.dog/golitisizi.rb

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
yep, Flash the module, reboot, install oneplus launcher, change recents provider, reboot. Then the Oneplus Launcher crashed.
the log shows here del.dog/golitisizi.rb
Did you make sure to only set oneplus launcher as the home app after it was successfully set as the recents provider?

Fr1endsh1p

Dec 24, 2016
Did you make sure to only set oneplus launcher as the home app after it was successfully set as the recents provider?
Yes,I set it as my default launcher. But I'm not sure the recents provider has been successfully set. The quickswitch app shows restart needed (Although I reboot many times) but /vendor/delay has an apk named QuickstepSwitcherOverlay.apk already.

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Would you mind checking if you have the /product/overlay folder? If you do it's a known issue and I'm working on getting it fixed ASAP.
There is /product containing a build.prop, not /product/overlay.

I had to wipe system and reinstall. No idea why since I don't modify system. I get the full interface in Lawnchair now. Should Lawnchair's Recents be "exported" if I switch my default Home app? Or must the default launcher and the app selected in QuickSwitch be kept in sync?

Skittles9823

Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2015
Sydney
Yes,I set it as my default launcher. But I'm not sure the recents provider has been successfully set. The quickswitch app shows restart needed (Although I reboot many times) but /vendor/delay has an apk named QuickstepSwitcherOverlay.apk already.
Sounds like the launcher isn't getting systemised correctly.

There is /product containing a build.prop, not /product/overlay.

I had to wipe system and reinstall. No idea why since I don't modify system. I get the full interface in Lawnchair now. Should Lawnchair's Recents be "exported" if I switch my default Home app? Or must the default launcher and the app selected in QuickSwitch be kept in sync?
You can only use p recents with the default home app. If you use another launcher as the home app you'll get the half p recents without the dock.

Reactions: uudruid74

Fr1endsh1p

Dec 24, 2016
Sounds like the launcher isn't getting systemised correctly.

You can only use p recents with the default home app. If you use another launcher as the home app you'll get the half p recents without the dock.
There are some magisk modules make some changes to my /system so my /system is read-only. I turned the oneplus launcher into a magisk module to systemize it. Finally It works fine. Thanks bro.