[MODULE] PNG patch for OP5T OPLongshot

angelsel

Jan 16, 2011
Singapore
This module patches OPLongshot's code so that it produces PNG screenshots, as it should, instead of JPEG screenshots (ew!). It patches only the VDEX/ODEX files, which have no signature on them — only the APK is signed, which we do not modify, so OPLongshot still retains system signature privileges. The original APK is included to avoid version mismatches (although I don't think there will be much issue even if it isn't includd).

Note that the OPLongshot was taken from the OnePlus 5T's system image. YMMV for other devices on OxygenOS (or even HydrogenOS?).

The current version uses the version of OPLongshot from OnePlus 5T OxygenOS 5.1.0/5.1.1 (same), with version 1.1.0.180328153957.6a699c8.

Remember to clear Dalvik/ART cache after installing this.

GitHub repository (also details of how the patch is done).
Download zip (temporary until the Magisk repo bot refreshes)

Last edited:

angelsel

Jan 16, 2011
Singapore
This was meant for the OnePlus 5T stable builds only (as the title states); I don't use the beta builds, nor do I own a OnePlus 6. That the modified vdex even worked on the beta builds and non-5T builds was not intentional.

Someone else can follow the method I have detailed to create modules for the OnePlus 6 and the 5T open betas.

The current version works on OxygenOS 5.1.5 for OnePlus 5T (the APK did not change from 5.1.4 to 5.1.5).

Reactions: amihir

tanish2k09

Jun 21, 2014
This was meant for the OnePlus 5T stable builds only (as the title states); I don't use the beta builds, nor do I own a OnePlus 6. That the modified vdex even worked on the beta builds and non-5T builds was not intentional.

Someone else can follow the method I have detailed to create modules for the OnePlus 6 and the 5T open betas.

The current version works on OxygenOS 5.1.5 for OnePlus 5T (the APK did not change from 5.1.4 to 5.1.5).
About vdex2dex, did you use it with the entire AOSP tree or do you have a standalone version with dependencies?
If you do have a standalone version (which I couldn't find) can you provide it?

moeq123

Jan 18, 2018
Is there any timeframe on when Pie support for this module will be implemented? It worked fine for me in the previous beta version, and now I can only take screenshots with the module disabled since I updated my OP5T today. :(
Yes, we need this mod. Sadly I can't do it myself.. but maybe I can help you out with the needed files, OP?

OP Longshot seem to still be at ver. 1.1.0...
but there is a new folder inside the path of OP Longshot called "lib". Inside that folder is a folder called arm64, and inside arm64 are two files calling "libencryptjni.so" and "op_encrypt.so" maybe these are the reasons the old magisk module won't work? i don't know for sure, but i know that these folders and files aren't present in the magisk module.

I would buy you a beer OP, for updating this mod. :good:

tanish2k09

Jun 21, 2014
Yes, we need this mod. Sadly I can't do it myself.. but maybe I can help you out with the needed files, OP?

OP Longshot seem to still be at ver. 1.1.0...
but there is a new folder inside the path of OP Longshot called "lib". Inside that folder is a folder called arm64, and inside arm64 are two files calling "libencryptjni.so" and "op_encrypt.so" maybe these are the reasons the old magisk module won't work? i don't know for sure, but i know that these folders and files aren't present in the magisk module.

I would buy you a beer OP, for updating this mod. :good:
I followed the instructions as mentioned in the GitHub readme, and I ended up successfully getting a modified version.

Sadly though, it doesn't seem to work on android P

Reactions: moeq123