• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] SafetyPatcher

Did it work?

• Total voters
Search This thread

pndwal

Ah ok, may I make it clear that I should use a fingerprint that is specific for my device and not any from other phone, may be thats why I stuck in boot,
I think my phone is not a popular model, should I submit a fingerprint for it to make it work with me? will learn how to pull a fingerprint info if needed, sorry very noobie on this
:confused: - As @Didgeridoohan said to you, generally 'you should be able to use any fingerprint' as long as it passes ctsProfile. https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-R...ob/master/README.md#can-i-use-any-fingerprint

I don't think you'll get any advantage making one for specific Lenovo device either. After all, SafetyPatch module worked fine for many different device brands (until Google started detecting it's unusual bind mechanism which tripped basicIntegrity), and it used a Huawei fingerprint across the board. PW

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Reactions: dr4go and Simon1511

Danhack000

Jan 27, 2015
Guys, I just came across this magisk mod and it works flawless in magisk 23.0. I'm able to pass safety net without issues, but for some reason it breaks riru lsposed. Anyone have an idea if I can a change a line within the patch file to fix this issue. I'm on MIUI 11 Pie running Magisk 23.0 and again the patch file works great. Any suggestions ? Props to Dev for the great mod. 👍

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This module hides bootloader unlock from the entire system, including GMS, meaning that stock ROMs can pass custom verification, as well as custom ROMs with magisk enabled. Module code is here. The actual code of this module (see post-fs-data.sh) can be used to pass safetynet on stock ROMs, even without magisk, provided your /system is unmodified! :angel::D:highfive:
    The module is tested on my Honor 9 Lite, unlocked, lineageos 15.1, MM 5.6.3, Magisk 16.0
    Download: Magisk Downloads page

WARNING: phhusson ROMs, as well as official Google gsi's without a fingerprint patch cannot pass safetynet without V2 or higher, or magiskhide props config

Debugging:
    Please open a root shell and run
    Code:
    safetypatch
    and select option 1 to debug.

If, in /proc/cmdline, androidboot.verifiedbootstate is green, this module is functioning correctly and some other aspect of your system is detected by safetynet.

Note: Pie ROMs might need ianmacd magisk builds to pass any kind of safetynet. In my experience you need this module and ianmacd magisk.
    @hackintosh5 With a whole bunch of reports of SafetyNet failing both CTS, and basic integrity and also reports of passing at least basic integrity by uninstalling Safetypatcher, I did some testing.

Seems like Google updated SafetyNet with some new checks and your /proc/cmdline bind mount is now a sign of a tampered device. Both SafetyNet checks change to pass if those two lines are removed from your post-fs-data.sh.

Edit: for those that have been guessing, it has nothing to do with the included fingerprint.
    No. Magisk hides itself

Sent from my kminiltexx using XDA Labs

Wrong...

MagiskHide does hide a few system properties, among others an unlocked bootloader.
    https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk...2cebb240c4/native/jni/magiskhide/hide_utils.c

If you have an additional method for hiding an unlock bootloader, that would make a great addition to MagiskHide. You could open a pull request for it to be included in a future release.
    Wrong...

MagiskHide does hide a few system properties, among others an unlocked bootloader.
    https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk...2cebb240c4/native/jni/magiskhide/hide_utils.c

If you have an additional method for hiding an unlock bootloader, that would make a great addition to MagiskHide. You could open a pull request for it to be included in a future release.
    Correct...

MagiskHide doesn't hide anything in the cmdline. If you're going to disclaim my module, at least do your research. Even in the README, I tell the commands that the module uses.

Yes, that's a good idea. I will submit a PR, thanks for the idea!

Sent from my kminiltexx using XDA Labs
    If you're going to disclaim my module, at least do your research.

Calm down... There was no disclaiming of your module in my post. Just your statement that Magisk does not hide an unlocked bootloader. It does...

But of course, there are many different Android devices and there are many different ways of doing things, and they don't work the same universally. Which is why I suggested you make a PR of the method you have. :good: