[MODULE] Smali Patcher 7.4

Search This thread

rckoegel

Mar 25, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well after hours of reading the forums, and about a dozen attempts to make the Magisk Module, I finally got it to work. I guess sometimes it's doesn't completely download the necessary bits when first opened, so it was erroring out with 'W: COULD NOT FIND RESOURCES'... which is said on here can be ignored, but it literally wasn't finding the resources it needed to make the .zip!

I moved the directory to a simple c:/smali/ folder to ensure data creation for resources wasn't erroring because of any strange characters or anything. Then deleted everything but the originally extracted SmaliPatcher data. And then I opened Smali once without my phone attached and let it acquire resources (which shows down at the bottom; I think I may have closed it early the first time because I didn't know it was working on anything?).

After that, and connecting my phone, I was able to run through the Module creation successfully three times in a row, with different settings.

It'd be handy if on first open, and while downloading various things, the app had a popup that explained that it was working and what the progress was,. Instead of hiding that info in the bottom bar of the app, leaving the app to appear idle.

Jon8RFC

Apr 3, 2010
TX
Man is there any other way to disable secure flag on a13 without xposed
On my Pixel7 Pro, I've used DisableFlagSecure_By_MehediHJoy_v3.0.zip for October, November, and now December updates.

No bootloops for me, so maybe others have other modules or modifications causing conflicts.

I uninstall it before updating android each month, then re-patch. No issues so far.

mad_hat

Apr 6, 2012
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 8 Pro
Heya
So I'm using a Samsung J5 prime running A8(oreo) . I've currently rooted and magisk v25.2 is installed in it. I wanted to use Smali Patcher to generate modules Mock Locations and Samsung Knox. I've used smali patcher a long time ago for another device of mine( Samsung Galaxy M01) and so i already had all the binaries downloaded. When I used that exe file it seemed to get stuck at the 'Recompiling' step of building an apk
I tried to use a new exe file in a different folder and that version (even tho it's the same as the former) gets stuck at downloading binaries at 99%. I tried turning off the firewall and anti virus but it made no difference. Any idea what I should try over here?? Any help would be greatl appreciated

Thanks in advance

1670359962193.png

sbcontt

Dec 3, 2011
I wanted this for the screenshot feature. Did not work. But I found a possible solution of the issue of binary download getting stuck at 99% . I used a VPN. The download was considerably slow, but it finished.

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
Ah, I came to see if this is working for Android 12 and quickly found my answers here, no it doesn't. Damn. I really like having my secure flag patched.

Aqq123

Aug 27, 2009
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
i have android 12. Is there any other way to take screenshot when it is forbidden, besides smali patcher?
You can still patch services.jar manually. I posted some details about it here:
The write-up is about signature spoofing but the process is similar, just takes a different patch.

Reactions: drnightshadow

hackiee

Feb 10, 2015
==> Detected java: 18.0.1
==> Dumped framework
==> Processing framework
I: Using Apktool 2.7.0 on services.jar
I: Baksmaling classes.dex...
I: Baksmaling classes2.dex...
I: Baksmaling classes3.dex...
I: Copying assets and libs...
I: Copying unknown files...
I: Copying original files...
I: Copying META-INF/services directory
==> Patched secure flag function
==> Patched set secure function
==> Patched capture function
==> Patched get capture function
==> Patched is capture function
==> Patched signature verification function
==> Patched signature verification util function
==> Patched high volume warning function
I: Using Apktool 2.7.0
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
I: Smaling smali_classes2 folder into classes2.dex...
I: Smaling smali_classes3 folder into classes3.dex...
I: Copying libs... (/kotlin)
I: Copying libs... (/META-INF/services)
I: Building apk file...
I: Copying unknown files/dir...
I: Built apk into: tmp\dist\services.jar
W: Could not find resources
fatal: exception: org.jf.dexlib2.util.DexUtil$UnsupportedFile: Dex version 039 is not supported
==> Merged patch: sigspoof_7.0-9.0
fatal: exception: org.jf.dexlib2.util.DexUtil$UnsupportedFile: Dex version 039 is not supported
==> Merged patch: sigspoof_core
==> Magisk template download complete
==> Generated magisk module zip file
*** Complete ***

Please help resolve those exceptions on android 12.1

antonio_d25

Aug 31, 2021
This module used to work perfect on A11. I have upgraded to A13 now , any known methods to spoof location on A13 or not yet ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Smali Patcher

aoImM4m.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING? ::
    To sum things up this is an application I developed that pulls the android framework from your device, applies what I (or other users) consider useful patches to the sourced files and then finally generates a magisk module applying the patches system-lessly.

The unique thing about Smali Patcher is it sources the framework files from your device, in an attempt to provide maximum compatibility across the entire android device family.

While I have your attention I wanted to throw out a massive thank you to all the people who have provided support to the project and the thread over the years, you guys are absolute champions. I can't thank you enough and couldn't have done it without you, here's to ya!

PATCHES ::
    • Mock locations - Hide mock locations status, allowing apps like Pokemon GO to treat them as genuine location updates.
    • Mock Providers: Allow creation of mock providers without mock permissions.
    • GNSS updates: Disable all GNSS (GPS) location updates.
    • Secure flag - Allow screenshots/screensharing in secure apps.
    • Signature verification (as-is, legacy support only) - Disable signature verification allowing modification/execution of signed system apps.
    • Signature spoofing (as-is) - Enable signature spoofing app permission.
    • Recovery reboot - Reboot directly back into recovery from powermenu.
    • Samsung Knox (as-is, legacy support only) - Bypass Samsung Knox trip protection, only confirmed working for secure folder.
    • High volume warning - Disable high volume popup dialog.
    Any patches marked "as-is" are no longer maintained and only kept in for legacy device support only, not recommended to be used on newer android versions (10/11).. use at your own risk.

GPS SPOOFERS / FUSEDLOCATION / RUBBERBANDING NOTICE ::
    FusedLocation API GPS spoofers are NOT compatible with the mock location patch.. your required to use a traditional GPS spoofer! Spoofed location updates will be fed into fusedlocation all the same, meaning you don't need to disable the service.. which means while your not spoofing you still gain the benefit of fusedlocation which is all around more accurate location updates!

REQUIREMENTS ::

INSTRUCTIONS (ADB METHOD/AUTOMATED - RECOMMENDED):
    COMPATIBLE WITH BOTH ODEX & DEODEXED ROMS! WILL AUTOMATICALLY DEODEX REQUIRED FILES IF NECESSARY.
    1. Backup device.. safety first kids.
    2. Enable USB debugging in developer settings on your device and connect via USB to your PC.
    3. Authorise USB debugging connection on your phone.. example of popup.
    4. Run "SmaliPatcher.exe", First startup will automatically download the latest necessary binary's.
    5. Select your desired patches.
    6. Hit "ADB PATCH" button (yes without browsing for a .jar file).
    7. Once the process has completed, magisk module will be generated in the same directory as "SmaliPatcher.exe" named: "SmaliPatcherModule-X.X.X.X-fOmey@XDA.zip".
    8. Install the generated magisk module either in recovery mode or from the magisk app.
    9. Enable smali patcher module in magisk.

INSTRUCTIONS (ALTERNATIVE METHOD - FOLLOW ONLY IF ADB METHOD FAILS) ::

1. Backup device.
    2. Enable USB debugging in developer settings on your device and connect via USB to your PC.
    3. Authorise USB debugging connection on your phone.. example of popup.
    4. Run "SmaliPatcher.exe", First startup will download the latest necessary binary's.
    5. Browse to your "/system/framework" directory. Easiest way to obtain these files is from your rom img/zip.
    6. Select your desired patches.
    7. Hit the "PATCH" button.
    8. Once the process has completed, magisk module will be generated in the same directory as "SmaliPatcher.exe".
    9. Install the generated magisk module either in recovery mode or from the magisk app.
    10. Enable smali patcher module in magisk.

YOU ARE STILL REQUIRED TO HAVE A DEVICE CONNECTED TO YOUR PC IF YOU USE THIS METHOD.. THE PATCHER WILL NOT PROGRESS OTHERWISE.
    A ADB DEVICE IS REQUIRED TO EXTRACT CDEX FILES.. IF YOU'RE PARANOID/SAVY ENOUGH, YOU CAN USE A ANDROID EMULATOR.

BEFORE REPORTING ANY ISSUES ::
    1. You have tried running the patcher as administrator.
    2. You have accepted the USB debugging connection & ticked "Always allow from this computer".
    3. You have tried running the patcher with phone booted in recovery mode with /system mounted.

Adb method works flawlessly on android 8.1 for Sony AOSP roms on X and XZ premium. The trick is to run the program in recovery (with system mounted obviously), to avoid permission issues.
    Awesome tool!

UPDATING MODULE INSTRUCTIONS:
    Disable/uninstall any active smali patcher modules before generating a new one! If you generate a module with a older version active there's a chance the outdated patches will carry over to the new module.. I do my best efforts to prevent this, but it may still happen. Before reporting issues, make sure you have tried this.

CHANGELOG ::

• Modified patch - GNSS updates: now correctly handles protected methods.
    • First pass of android 11 patch updates: mock provider, gnss update & secure flag patch updated.

• Modified patch - Secure flag: revert a change I made, should solve issues on some devices.. hopefully.

• New patch - GNSS updates: Disable all GNSS (GPS) location updates.
    • Modified patch - Secure flag: tested & working on Samsung devices running android 10.

• New patch - Mock Providers: Allow creation of mock providers without mock permissions.

• Allow devices booted in recovery mode through ADB check.

• Made patches "compatible" with the latest android 11 beta (pixel).. none of which have been tested on android 11. BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!

• Removed "magisk-module-template" dependency.

• Fixed patch - Magisk reboot: was not being applied when selected.
    • "Magisk reboot" patch renamed to "Recovery reboot".

• Updated patch - Magisk reboot: now compatible with Samsung One UI 2.0 (android Q).

• New patch - Samsung Knox: Bypass samsung knox trip protection, only confirmed working for secure folder.

• ADB error checking: require a ADB device to be present even while patching "browsed" for framework dumps.
    • Framework error checking: display an error if no odex, vdex or oats are found.. incomplete framework dump.
    • Display hints for common mistakes made by users, hopefully reduces the amount of "error" reports by people that don't follow instructions.

• ADB error checking: unauthorized ADB device check.

• Error handling - Verify required files are found during deodex process.

• Fixed index out of bounds crash.
    • Revert mock location patch to the original.

• Mock location patch updated. Reverted patch back to the original, new patch failed.
    • Adapted back end functions to support multi-file patches.
    • Browse for .jar has now been changed to browse for "/system/framework" directory.. no longer requires a deodexed file to be targeted, will deodex necessary files if required.

• Check if patcher is being ran with administrator privileges, otherwise display a warning.
    • Fixed a possible false positive error during cdex extraction.

• Error handling - verify classes.dex is found during cdex extraction.
    • Added few more status updates to assist error checking.

• Changed binary download percentage behaviour: avoid users reporting false "stuck on XYZ percent".
    • Updated mock location patch to support android 10/Q.
    • Updated reboot behaviour patch to support android 10/Q.
    • Save/restore selected patches when browsing for a JAR.

• Fixed force close during vdex extraction.

• Modified secure flag patch - need testing & feedback.
    • Modified java detection to allow more runtime environments.

• Suppress false positive "magisk download failed" errors.
    • Verify patched APK's have been generated before creating module.

• Modified secure flag patch.
    • Added paypal donation button.

• Removed signature verification "class not found" error report, false positive on legacy android versions.

• Adapted backend functions to support multi-file patches.
    • Require at least one patch to be enabled before proceeding.
    • Fix download percentage status updates.
    • Popup explorer window to output directory on completion.
    • Modified signature verification patch (android P).
    • When browsing for a JAR only display compatible patches (preparation for multi-file patches, services.jar must be named "services.jar" from this point onward for verification purposes.. otherwise no patches will be displayed).
    • New patch - disable high volume warning popup.. this has annoyed me so much recently! I was only able to test this on android P, if you find the patch does not work on your device please supply a deodexed services.jar so I can investigate further.

• Fixed a crash when applying magisk reboot patch to a already patched target.
    • Improved magisk reboot patch, removed the potential to not reboot back into magisk.
    • Redirect output for certain binary functions with working status indicators.
    • Fix mock location patch that I broke in the most stupid way possible.. if you're updating from 4.8, make sure you disable/remove any installed smali patcher magisk modules before updating.

• Display command line window until inbuilt patcher status updates are fixed to prevent user confusion.

• Secure flag patch update (based off 9.0).
    • Signature verification patch update (based off 9.0).

• Dynamically calculate base directory.
    • Modify output loop to ensure all output is displayed.
    • Magisk reboot patch (Galaxy S10 only).

4.5 [UNTESTED - I OWN A S10 WHICH CURRENTLY IS NOT MAGISK COMPATIBLE.. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK]
    • Force unix config formatting.

4.4 [UNTESTED - I OWN A S10 WHICH CURRENTLY IS NOT MAGISK COMPATIBLE.. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK]
    • Magisk "installation failed" fix.. (I shouldn't have been lazy and read all the module documentation.. probably could of avoided this).

4.3 [UNTESTED - I OWN A S10 WHICH CURRENTLY IS NOT MAGISK COMPATIBLE.. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK]
    • Magisk v19.0 compatible (magisk template download failed fix).

4.2 [TESTING]
    • Potential slowdown fix?

• Allow the patcher to run without having any patches selected for testing purposes.
    • Force a single classes.dex to be generated when applying signature spoofing patch.. (potential slowdown fix?)
    • Remove irrelevant debug output.

• Modified ADB error checking function to fix false error reports.

3.9 ::
    • ADB error checking: verify a single ADB device is connected before proceeding.
    • Added few more status updates to assist error checking.
    • Updated magisk template & URL.

3.8 [TESTING] ::
    • Potential slowdown fix?

3.7 ::
    • Modified java detection.

3.6 ::
    • Added some more error checking.

3.5 ::
    • Verify Java is installed & detected before proceeding.

3.4 ::
    • Amend legacy dummy file to generated magisk module config.sh.

3.3 ::
    • Create dummy file in magisk module (legacy devices).

3.2 ::
    • Fixed a issue calculating file paths on legacy devices.

3.1 ::
    • Added "/system/system" path to dumping functions.
    • Added output filter to avoid user confusion when spitting out harmless errors.

3.0 ::
    • Updated dependencies.
    • Reworked some core functions to attempt to fix unknown caused crash for certain users.

2.9 ::
    • Reworked some functions, made them dynamically detect file names to avoid potential issues.

2.8 ::
    • Verify dexpatcher patches are found, otherwise re-download.
    • Change patch button text to indicate patching mode.
    • Error handling - verify classes.dex is found before recompiling.
    • Error handling - verify services.jar is found before recompiling.
    • Error handling - verify input files are not dummy's.
    • Conditional dead end bug fix while patching multi-class jar's.

2.7 ::
    • Re-added signature spoofing patch.
    • Added dexpatcher as a dependency.

2.6 ::
    • Added support for Android P.
    • Modified binary download function to prevent crashes.

2.5 ::
    • Added support for multi-classes.dex.

2.4 ::
    • Improved binary download function - verify binary size, will attempt to re-download if necessary.
    • Improved binary URL grabber function - should now fetch correct address.

2.3 ::
    • Improved de/odex detection function - should now allow generating a module with no mods selected (debugging purposes)
    • Improved error checking & reports.

2.2 ::
    • Android 8.0-8.1 compatibility.

2.1 ::
    • Corrected missing variables in config.sh for magisk module (lollipop bootloop fix) - full credit to @Eng.Raman

2.0 ::
    • Prevent false "detected api" message.
    • Play's nice with android lollipop - full credit to @Eng.Raman

1.9 ::
    • Potential fix for random crash aka. dumping framework freeze/crash.

1.8 ::
    • Handle "permission denied" error when pulling build.prop.

1.7 ::
    • Improved framework base directory detection.

1.6 ::
    • Framework base directory detection.

1.5 ::
    • Improved error checking - added more debug info which hopefully will make diagnosing bugs a little easier.
    • Proper API detection using rom build.prop.
    • Improved a search function used for locating framework files.

1.4 ::
    • Improved error checking - verify's services.odex size detecting if module already active.
    • Potential fix for "magisk download failed" that certain user's are experiencing.

1.3 (BETA) ::
    • Added in ADB libary which allows us to now pull/push files to the device.
    • Added in smali & baksmali which allows us to now deodex.
    • One click function to pull all the required files from the device, deodex (if necessary), patch and finally generate a magisk module! (I plan to code in a function that pushes the module to the device upon completion in the future - fully automated baby woohoo)
    If you would like to use the adb method of patching, make sure you have "USB debugging" enabled in developer options otherwise it simply won't work.. you obviously need to plug in your phone to the PC and authorize the USB connection on your device.

1.2 ::
    • Updated to Magisk v15.
    • Improved error checking & reports.

1.1 ::
    • Removed signature spoofing for the time being - causing bootloop for some users, need to rework the patch when I have time.

1.0 ::
    • Improved patching function: should now be compatible with even more unique service.jar's.
    • Improved patching function: now reports errors for each independent patch, should make diagnosing patch errors a little easier.
    • Fixed some debug code I left from previous release which may have prevented patch process from completing. (whoops.. sorry about that!)

0.9 ::
    • Added new patch: signature spoofing.

0.8 ::
    • Improved patching function.

0.7 ::
    • Merged projects together - Mock locations, secure flag & signature verification.
    • Assembly version used as module version and in generated module zip name.
    • Fixed minor bug when selecting a JAR named something other than "services.jar".

0.6 ::
    • Error handling for failed downloads of magisk module template.
    • Updated to Magisk v14.0.

0.4 / 0.5 ::
    • Potential spaces in file path error fix - unsure as I have been unable to reproduce this issue, so it's been very difficult to fix.

0.3 ::
    • Increased default Java memory heap size - fixes "out of memory" error on lowend PC's.

0.2 ::
    • Simplified patching process.
    • Fixed reboot issue with certain GPS spoofers.
    • Verify's target JAR is deodexed before proceeding with patch.

0.1 ::
    • Initial release

Cheers,

Honorable mention to @Eng.Raman & @A30NI_Y, who has been kind enough to patch service.jar's for tons of users who lack the knowledge to deodex (despite my best efforts of writing out clear instructions!)... the smali patcher user base thanks you for your service!

PRECAUTIONS / TERMS OF USE ::
    You must backup your device prior to flashing the module, I am not responsible or providing support to recover any devices stuck in bootloops.. if for what ever reason you find yourself in this situation, simply uninstall magisk and reinstall.. doing this will reset your installed modules.

PLEASE READ FAQ IN POST 2 & SEARCH THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS, CHANCES ARE THEY HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY AND YOU CAN FIND YOUR ANSWER IMMEDIATELY.

Rather then making mirrors of the download link, please redirect traffic to this thread to ensure they are always using the latest version! Oh hi reddit.

DOWNLOAD MIRRORS

FAQ

HELP! I'M STUCK IN A BOOTLOOP, HOW DO I UNINSTALL ::
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Advanced -> File Manager
    3. Navigate to: data -> adb -> modules -> select the module directory (in this case "fomey.smalipatcher") -> Folder icon (bottom right of screen) -> Delete
    Alternatively you can just uninstall/reinstall magisk to clear all your modules.

MAGISK TEMPLATE DOWNLOAD FAILED ::
    • Run the patcher as administrator, may not have read / write access to drive.
    • Verify you have a active internet connection.
    • Verify firewall is not blocking the patcher.
    • Verify your not running a outdated .NET framework.

MOCK LOCATION RUBBER BANDS TO REAL LOCATION ::

INVALID OR CORRUPT JAR FILE BIN ::
    • Delete the "bin" directory and restart the patcher to re-download the binary files.
    • Corruption is caused by a unreliable internet connection.

HOW DO I CLEAR A MOCK LOCATION WHILE USING A GPS SPOOFER ::
    • Exit the app by pressing the "back" key, you may have to press this a few times. Any good spoofer should clean up after itself, by removing any mock providers on exit.

MAGISK TEMPLATE FAILED TO DOWNLOAD ::
    • Make sure you're using the LATEST release of the patcher.
    • If you are using the latest version already.. a update will be available shortly to fix this issue.

UNSUPPORTED MAJOR.MINOR VERSION XX.X ::
    • Use the Java Uninstall Tool to clean up out-of-date java versions and reinstall the latest java release.

W: COULD NOT FIND RESOURCES ::
    • This is a harmless warning, you can safely ignore it.

!!! ERROR: BASE DIRECTORY NOT FOUND ::
    • You did not accept the USB debugging permission popup on your phone.. the patcher can't do anything without this permission (example of popup).
    • The permission popup should be displayed after hitting the "ADB PATCH" button.. or as soon as you connect your phone to your PC.
    • If you can't see the permission popup: go to settings -> developer options -> revoke usb debugging authorisations.. disconnect and reconnect your phone and try again.
    • Make sure you tick "always allow from this computer".. otherwise you may have to confirm the popup multiple times during a single patch.

!!! ERROR: XYZ CLASS NOT FOUND ::
    • The patch is most likely not compatible with your android version/device, if a patch is marked "as-is" no further support is provided.
    • If you are browsing for a services.jar - it's most likely not deodexed.. try the "ADB METHOD".
    • If you are using the "ADB METHOD" and you receive this error, post a reply to this thread including as much information as you can. Useful information: android version, patcher log and the directory named "adb" in the patcher folder (upload this directory to google drive).
    Deodexing Services.jar For Android 8.1
    Full Step By Step Guide

1. Download "Batch ApkTool 3.7.0" by BurSoft from the official site or 4pad link. (Thanks:good:to burSoft for this amazing tool).
    BatchApkTool370.7z ( for 64-bit Windows ).
    BatchApkTool370_32bit_and_XP.7z ( for 32-bit Windows and Windows XP ).

2. Download the plugin named vdex2dex which will be used with Batch ApkTool ( vdex2dex1.0.2.zip )
    (alternative 4pda link ).

3. Extract Batch ApkTool to any where on your PC then extract and move vdex2dex plugin folder to
    ( X:\BatchApkTool\bin\plugins\ ).

4. Go to ( X:\BatchApkTool\_system\ ) and create 4 empty folders named "framework", "arm64", "oat" and another "arm64" arranged as follows:
    ( X:\BatchApkTool\_system\framework ).
    ( X:\BatchApkTool\_system\framework\arm64 ).
    ( X:\BatchApkTool\_system\framework\oat\arm64 ).

5. Copy the following 3 files from your phone to the PC:
    "services.jar" from ( /system/framework/ ) to ( X:\BatchApkTool\_system\framework ).
    "boot.oat" from ( /system/framework/arm64 ) to ( X:\BatchApkTool\_system\framework\arm64 ).
    "services.vdex" from ( /system/framework/oat/arm64 ) to ( X:\BatchApkTool\_system\framework\oat\arm64 ).

6. Run Batch ApkTool and select your language then hit the no. "7" plugins.

7. Hit the no. next to vdex2dex then will tell you to press any key to continue and after a few seconds will see "Done", now press any key to return to the main menu and exit.

8. Now you have a deodexd services.jar created in ( X:\BatchApkTool\_system\framework\ ) move or copy it to the smali patcher tool folder and generate the magisk module zip.

9. Done.
    CHANGELOG ::

• Removed "magisk-module-template" dependency.

Merry Christmas & happy new year.. hope you all have been enjoying the holidays!