[MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 23.1.2.20210117 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps)

pavanjadhaw

Sep 2, 2015
Nagpur
After flashing in TWRP connect your phone to pc and use adb to grab a log from recovery

Code:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Then post recovery.log (rename to recovery.txt) file here.
I am pretty impressed by your work. This is what I ever wanted.
But can you make a custom zip which will remove /permanently uninstall all the psuedo freezed apps and add all the apps to the system that nanomod adds?

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
FYI on AFH you can now find a microG only Magisk Module, too. framework-patcher.sh in github repo was updated to support both modules. You can also use 'mod.sh microg' to create the microG only zip from git repo.

Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=150729

The microG only module does support

I installed this version, but I cannot get Phonesky (play store) to have the correct signature. System is spoofing signature correctly, but somehow play store doesn't. Every tick in self check section is there, except the "Play Store (Phonesky) has correct signature" tick. The play store works fine signing in and downloading. However apps like gmail do not work. Maybe it needs to be put in priv-app?

Running Crdroid 7.1.1 (supports spoofing signature) oneplus one, latest nanomod package 0408, magisk v12
Ah, crDroid... did you explicitely grant signature spoofing permission to Play Store? It's not auto-granted afaik.

slothdabski

Aug 3, 2015
Chicago
Working well on oneplus3 with AEX ROM!! Using micro g and my Google apps login just fine and play store 100% functions

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

f41lbl0g

Mar 15, 2014
Phonesky ie play store works normally as a user app. I am using it that way (I am on normal gapps) and I have no problems.
I got it to work as a user app, but not through nanomod.

Ah, crDroid... did you explicitely grant signature spoofing permission to Play Store? It's not auto-granted afaik.
Do you know how I can grant play store spoofing permission manually? For microG I had to click on the tick and it brought up a spoofing popup, but I don't know how to get that popup for Phonesky.

Last edited:

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
I got it to work as a user app, but not through nanomod.

Do you know how I can grant play store spoofing permission manually? For microG I had to click on the tick and it brought up a spoofing popup, but I don't know how to get that popup for Phonesky.
I guees you installed my modified version as user app? Else IAP won't be possible, because the original version does not have signature spoofing (obviously), only mine.

If you did not install mine as user app, uninstall play store and install the apk from /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk.

Signature spoofing permission should be auto-granted. I was wrong before, but after installing crDroid on my tablet I saw the permission was indeed auto-granted.

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
I've updated the Issues paragraph in first post. Currently there's a bug in Magisk (#155 in the github issue tracker of the Magisk project) that on some devices affects either Play Store or microG Droid Guard Helper (they crash).

I re-worded that paragraph and made the instructions on how to fix that issue locally more clear. If you don't have any issues with microG DroidGuard Helper or Play Store crashing, you can safely ignore this.

I provided topjohnwu with logcats, boot image and stuff, so let's wait and see.

G

GuestK0063

So just to clear things up, if I dirty flash my rom to update, will I only have to patch it via framework-patcher.sh (as this rom doesn't have signature spoofing by itself) and nothing else or it has to be clean flash with everything again?

topyli

Sep 4, 2010
Sodankylä
www.siltala.net

[*]install F-Droid and many OpenSource applications
  • including the privileged extension, so you don't need to enable 'Unkown Sources' to use F-Droid

• Am I mistaken, or are all the apps you mention also installed? I'd prefer not to have a preconfigured list of apps. Is there a way to customize what apps are installed? Even better, to install F-Droid only here?