[MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 23.1.2.20210117 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps)

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
Wheres the fakesign option?
Dunno, I asked you whether it's there.

You can use framework-patcher regardless of whether the ROM is pre-patched, btw.

Am I mistaken, or are all the apps you mention also installed? I'd prefer not to have a preconfigured list of apps. Is there a way to customize what apps are installed? Even better, to install F-Droid only here?
Yes, they are magic mounted, but can be disabled. Though that includes FDroid, too. See 'Alter Installation' in first post. I may opt-in to separate FDroid install into it's own option, though.

Cant find a logcat apk for noguat..
logcat is a shell command, readily available. For UI you may use apps likr Catlog or Material Log.

Reactions: topyli

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
Fascinating module. Has anyone tried this with microg on a XenonHD rom? What would be the benefit of installing microg via magisk/nanomod vs flashing it directly on the rom? (Sorry re my ignorance)
The benefit is, it won't be deleted upon ROM update or when changing ROM. Plus I modified the Play Store so that (in-)app-purchases work with microG (if Play Store and Google Services don't have the same signature it does not work, so I re-signed microG GmsCore and Play Store with the same key and modified the Play Store to use Signature Spoofing as microG GmsCore does - et voila - (in-)app-purchases).

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
Hi, the link to microG homepage is not working. I get a 404 error.
Thanks ;)
Yes, it doesn't like the www. prefix. Thanks.

Am I mistaken, or are all the apps you mention also installed? I'd prefer not to have a preconfigured list of apps. Is there a way to customize what apps are installed? Even better, to install F-Droid only here?
I pushed a commit to the github repository which adds

Code:
nanomod.fdroid
setup variable. So what you want is

Code:
nanomod.fdroid=1
nanomod.apps=0
in your

Code:
/sdcard/.nanomod-setup
file. This will populate F-Droid + Privileged Extension, but not the other stuff (in fact it will also include Magisk Manager, cause that's the only other app not effected by nanomod.apps variable, on purpose).

Last edited:
Reactions: topyli

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
i appriciate your work and help
issue the following command as root via

Code:
adb shell
or via terminal emulator on phone:

Code:
pm grant com.android.vending android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE
this will grant Play Store the required permission. In the upcoming version 5.2 the script

Code:
nanomod-overlay
will get the

Code:
-p / --permission
parameter which will grant fakesign to microG GmsCore and Play Store, aswell as ignore battery optimization permission to microG GmsCore.

Reactions: Kungencortes

pavanjadhaw

Sep 2, 2015
Nagpur
Okay, I tried it on RR on my moto g 2015 but I am stuck at that part(framework-patcher.sh)
Can you explain it a little?
haystack framework patcher helper
provide Android Version like:
haystack [version] [--gui]
there version is one of:
4.1 [JB]
4.2 [JB]
4.3 [JB]
4.4 [KK]
5.0 [LL]
5.1 [LL]
6.0 [MM]
7.0 [N]
7.1 [N]
device desired to patch must be connected through
TWRP and /system mounted read-write.
After executing it shows this and process exits.
I also tried it making executable but same problem.
I dont think it needs to made exec because of the nature of the script.

Last edited:

Kungencortes

Sep 28, 2013
Malmö
All premissions are active in self check now, but somehow i still have a server issue.

Code:
nanomod-overlay
will get the

Code:
-p / --permission
parameter which will grant fakesign to microG GmsCore and Play Store, aswell as ignore battery optimization permission to microG GmsCore.
should i use terminal for this? commands does not work, sorry for being brain numb

Attachments

Last edited:

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
Okay, I tried it on RR on my moto g 2015 but I am stuck at that part(framework-patcher.sh)
Can you explain it a little?
You need to do, what it tells you do to: pass the android version on your phone. Example for latest Nougat:

Code:
framework-patcher.sh 7.1
Also your phone needs to be in TWRP and connected to PC through USB

All premissions are active in self check now, but somehow i still have a server issue.

should i use terminal for this? commands does not work, sorry for being brain numb
This is a known bug that sometimes appears on some ROMs, I can't do anything about it. Though: there's an easy work-around, kill the Play Store and start it again ("kill" = Recent Apps screen -> swipe Play Store away).

Edit:

Code:
nanomod-overlay -p
is part of upcoming version 5.2 and does the same as running

Code:
pm grant bla blub
just in a nicer fashion.

Reactions: Kungencortes

pavanjadhaw

Sep 2, 2015
Nagpur
You need to do, what it tells you do to: pass the android version on your phone. Example for latest Nougat:

Also your phone needs to be in TWRP and connected to PC through USB

This is a known bug that sometimes appears on some ROMs, I can't do anything about it. Though: there's an easy work-around, kill the Play Store and start it again ("kill" = Recent Apps screen -> swipe Play Store away).

Edit:

Edit:

nanomod-overlay -p

is part of upcoming version 5.2 and does the same as running

just in a nicer fashion.
Thanks finally figured it out, now its working perfectly.

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
Sadly still not working, maybe im cursed..
Did you login to your account before or after granting the permission using the 'pm grant...' command?

If you did login before that command, delete Play Store data, delete Goigle Account in Settings > Accounts and re-login. If you did login after that command, try a reboot.

If it still doesn't work then, I'm puzzled.

I know from crDroid that pre-patched ROMs can be very tricky when trying to spoof Play Store. I use framework-patcher.sh on crDroid on my tablet aswell, it makes it work just fine, regardless of built-in fakesign support.

Though I generally use non-pre-patched ROMs, as I know framework-patcher.sh/haystack generates a setup, that's the same on all ROMs/devices, where pre-patched ROMs behave differently.

Kungencortes

Sep 28, 2013
Malmö
Did you login to your account before or after granting the permission using the 'pm grant...' command?

If you did login before that command, delete Play Store data, delete Goigle Account in Settings > Accounts and re-login. If you did login after that command, try a reboot.

If it still doesn't work then, I'm puzzled.

I know from crDroid that pre-patched ROMs can be very tricky when trying to spoof Play Store. I use framework-patcher.sh on crDroid on my tablet aswell, it makes it work just fine, regardless of built-in fakesign support.

Though I generally use non-pre-patched ROMs, as I know framework-patcher.sh/haystack generates a setup, that's the same on all ROMs/devices, where pre-patched ROMs behave differently.
Still not working :/ even switched roms and got same prob, Any easy tutorial for patching framework on windows ? seems very complicated otherwise.

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
Still not working :/ even switched roms and got same prob, Any easy tutorial for patching framework on windows ? seems very complicated otherwise.
Uff, Windows (last time I used that thing on my PC was years ago). If you click on the Haystack link in first post, you'll find it's documentation. That should help you.

Porting framework-patcher.sh to Windows is a bit difficult, because of the prerequisites like git, Java, adb...

Else I'd suggest reading up on this stuff in the microg documentation (click microg link in first post).

Dunno what's wrong on your end, I never had such issues.

Did you do a clean flash, including wiping data? If so you could once again post a logcat, this time the complete one please, maybe there's something wrong earlier than Play Store launch.

D_black84

Mar 5, 2014
Play store (Phonesky) has correct signature is not ticked.. i entered this command "pm grant com.android.vending android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE" but it says operation not allowed . is there a space between vending and android? i must have done something wrong

update: Nevermind i figured it out . All good now

Last edited: