[MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 23.1.2.20210117 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps)

Search This thread

kurtn

• Jan 28, 2017
    Small town in Bavaria
    Hello together.
    Does anyone know which version of droidguard helper we use in latest build? It says v. 0.1.2-dirty, but officially there is no version like this. Latest official build is 0.1.0.-10.

Why our version is different inside the zip-file?
    There is no reason to use droidguard. It is broken. Some people report running banking appps with magisk hide. But that's a game of cat-and-mouse.

Reactions: Aqq123 and Stogie87

psychf

Apr 24, 2021
    Hey, follow up question.

I Installed Magisk and I'm trying to flash the NanoDroid Patcher to unlock signature spoofing but it always fails while patching services.jar

I triple checked my /system/framework/services.jar and it already contains classes.dex, which the repo states is the only requisite to be able to flash the patcher.

I'm running a custom build of LineageOS 18.1. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Edit: Attached magisk log

Attachments

• magisk_install_log_2021-04-30T03_00_59Z[1].log
      1.8 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

kurtn

• Jan 28, 2017
    Small town in Bavaria
    Hey, follow up question.

I Installed Magisk and I'm trying to flash the NanoDroid Patcher to unlock signature spoofing but it always fails while patching services.jar

I triple checked my /system/framework/services.jar and it already contains classes.dex, which the repo states is the only requisite to be able to flash the patcher.

I'm running a custom build of LineageOS 18.1. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Edit: Attached magisk log
    Nanodroid patcher does not work with android 11

psychf

Apr 24, 2021
    Nanodroid patcher does not work with android 11

Directly from NanoDroid's GitHub:

11.0 / SDK 30 (R)
    • Patcher does not work from TWRP
    • Patcher works from Magisk if your ROM's services.jar already contains classes.dex
    According to this it should work, since I meet the requirements, which leaves me confused

Reactions: pierro78

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
    Ankara

11.0 / SDK 30 (R)
    • Patcher works from Magisk if your ROM's services.jar already contains classes.dex
    According to this it should work, since I meet the requirements, which leaves me confused
    Although it states that patcher works through magisk, it doesn't. if you check tha discussions you ll notice. There is another way to get it work tho. If you check previous pages you can find solition.

psychf

Apr 24, 2021
    Although it states that patcher works through magisk, it doesn't. if you check tha discussions you ll notice. There is another way to get it work tho. If you check previous pages you can find solition.
    If you're referring to this comment, then I was able to repack the classes.dex files using

adb pull /system/framework/services.jar

java -jar dexpatcher-1.8.0-beta1.jar -a 11 -M -v -d -o ./ services.jar 11-hook-services.jar.dex 11core_services.jar.dex

7z a framework/services.jar classes*.dex

but I don't know how to repack to a "Magisk systemless module, with Setialpha org.spoofing.apk in /system/framework.", or what that means, exactly.

I tried needle and tingle and both failed. If you could help me understand better I'd be very grateful. I'll also type a more concise and noob friendly step by step procedure for future reference.

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
    Ankara
    Not that post. Its just one of the steps. there are other things you should do. You have to put that file you created into a magisk module which you ll download along with another module file. Look at around pages 433-434

Reactions: pierro78

bnsmb

Aug 22, 2017
    Frankfurt
    Hi

does anybody know how to get Nanodroid working on the new release of AospExtended (on a ZUK Pro)?

Working configuration:

AospExtended-v8.0-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20210329-0048.zip
    Magisk-v22.1.zip
    NanoDroid-microG-23.1.2.20210117.zip

After upgrading to

AospExtended-v8.1-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20210427-1926.zip

there is an endless loop after the 1st reboot if NanoDroid-microG-23.1.2.20210117.zip is installed.

This happens in all cases I tested:

- Upgrade without wiping anything

- Wipe data / cache / dalvik, install AospExtended and NanoDroid

- Wipe system/ data / cache / dalvik, install AospExtended and NanoDroid

- install NanoDroid after Magisk or install NanoDroid before Magisk

Installing AospExtended-v8.1-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20210427-1926.zip without Nanodroid works w/ and w/o wiping also w/ and w/o Magisk

regards

Bernd

Roberto W.

Dec 10, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Hi

does anybody know how to get Nanodroid working on the new release of AospExtended (on a ZUK Pro)?

Working configuration:

AospExtended-v8.0-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20210329-0048.zip
    Magisk-v22.1.zip
    NanoDroid-microG-23.1.2.20210117.zip

After upgrading to

AospExtended-v8.1-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20210427-1926.zip

there is an endless loop after the 1st reboot if NanoDroid-microG-23.1.2.20210117.zip is installed.

This happens in all cases I tested:

- Upgrade without wiping anything

- Wipe data / cache / dalvik, install AospExtended and NanoDroid

- Wipe system/ data / cache / dalvik, install AospExtended and NanoDroid

- install NanoDroid after Magisk or install NanoDroid before Magisk

Installing AospExtended-v8.1-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20210427-1926.zip without Nanodroid works w/ and w/o wiping also w/ and w/o Magisk

regards

Bernd

try to follow the steps mentioned under https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-n-r-unofficial-lineageos-for-microg.3921094/post-84818107

maybe this helps. else there is an other way to install microg already posted here some pages ago.

ReleaseTheGeese

May 9, 2021
    Greetings,

I've recently installed NanoDroid on to my Nexus 10. It's an old tablet but I think it's quite up for basic tasks. I just wish to accomplish those tasks without Big G tracking. I use TWRP and Magisk. It runs Androidn 5.1.1 with the latest published patches (April 2016, LMY49J).

Initially the install of the full Nano Droid failed in TWRP; it complained of inadequate storage space. However the piecemeal packages installed fine (Patcher -> MicroG ->OsmAnd ->Fdroid). Though on the next boot Gapps were still present. After several reboots and opening Magisk I enabled the NanoDroid F-Droid Sub Module, microG Sub Module and OsmAnd sub modules. Then when I rebooted I noticed the Gapps were gone from the launcher. Huzzah.

However, I now cannot install any apps at all.

When I attempt to open an APK in TotalCommander (which was installed before I activated the NanoDroid modules in Magisk) it errors: 'Cannot open file/folder! <apkname>'. Whenever I attempt an install using Aurora store the Aurora store crashes. Using F-Droid I get this error: 'Error installing <appname>. This Android rom does not support ACTION_INSTALL_PACKAGE.' I've also seen Firefox complain 'No app found to open APK files' when I try to open a downloaded APK.

This is something of a hindrance, so I was wondering if anyone would help.

Additionally, the Aurora store complains that the Aurora service isn't available even though I have enabled it in Magisk. Also I don't see microG/GMScore/osmAnd or anything like that in settings or any app that indicates they are present. Are these services necessary for APK installation? Maybe they aren't actully running and I'm wondering whether the installation (or Magisk) is botched in some way.

Also, would I need to wipe the data partition? Would that help 'reset' anything or remove final traces of Gapps? Between reboots when I was installing NanoDroid I always wiped Cache and Dalvik, but never data.

Thanks in advance,
    R.T.G.

kurtn

• Jan 28, 2017
    Small town in Bavaria
    Greetings,

I've recently installed NanoDroid on to my Nexus 10. It's an old tablet but I think it's quite up for basic tasks. I just wish to accomplish those tasks without Big G tracking. I use TWRP and Magisk. It runs Androidn 5.1.1 with the latest published patches (April 2016, LMY49J).

Initially the install of the full Nano Droid failed in TWRP; it complained of inadequate storage space. However the piecemeal packages installed fine (Patcher -> MicroG ->OsmAnd ->Fdroid). Though on the next boot Gapps were still present. After several reboots and opening Magisk I enabled the NanoDroid F-Droid Sub Module, microG Sub Module and OsmAnd sub modules. Then when I rebooted I noticed the Gapps were gone from the launcher. Huzzah.

However, I now cannot install any apps at all.

When I attempt to open an APK in TotalCommander (which was installed before I activated the NanoDroid modules in Magisk) it errors: 'Cannot open file/folder! <apkname>'. Whenever I attempt an install using Aurora store the Aurora store crashes. Using F-Droid I get this error: 'Error installing <appname>. This Android rom does not support ACTION_INSTALL_PACKAGE.' I've also seen Firefox complain 'No app found to open APK files' when I try to open a downloaded APK.

This is something of a hindrance, so I was wondering if anyone would help.

Additionally, the Aurora store complains that the Aurora service isn't available even though I have enabled it in Magisk. Also I don't see microG/GMScore/osmAnd or anything like that in settings or any app that indicates they are present. Are these services necessary for APK installation? Maybe they aren't actully running and I'm wondering whether the installation (or Magisk) is botched in some way.

Also, would I need to wipe the data partition? Would that help 'reset' anything or remove final traces of Gapps? Between reboots when I was installing NanoDroid I always wiped Cache and Dalvik, but never data.

Thanks in advance,
    R.T.G.
    In your case I would start from scratch. Fresh install android and remove Google apps. MicroG is the second step, if you miss something Google related.

Last edited:

war4head

Jan 7, 2017
    LineageOS
    Xiaomi Mi Max 2
    From telegram
    Signature Spoofing for Android 11
    Guide by bluede-v Will

First of all Flash your ROM and Magisk (you need to download the latest version to get Magisk working on Android 11)

Click on Build number (7x) to enable Developer Options

After that enable ADB-Debugging and Root-ADB-Debugging in your ROM in case of LineageOS go to Setting -> System -> Developer Options

So Lets go this is the more complicated part. but also really easy if you done it once.

I'm using Debian Linux but it should be possible on every OS. In Windows use the Linux Subsystem.

You need to have ADB installed on your System tho.

ADB link: https://adbdownload.com

First of all you need to download this 2 Files:

Rename "spoof\_AVDapi30.zip.ONLY'MAGISK&ANDROID-STUDIO" to "spoof\_AVDapi30.zip"

Next Download this zip: https://gitlab.com/oF2pks/haystack/-/archive/11-attempt/haystack-11-attempt.zip

Also download this jar file: https://github.com/DexPatcher/dexpa...nload/v1.8.0-beta1/dexpatcher-1.8.0-beta1.jar

So now unzip the haystack-11-attempt.zip and put the dexpatcher.jar file into to Folder.

This part I use Bash shell in Linux.
    Bash:

java -jar dexpatcher-1.8.0-beta1.jar -a 11 -M -v -d -o ./ services.jar 11-hook-services.jar.dex 11core-services.jar.dex
    (After that Command you should have 4 files all named classes*.dex)
    Bash:
    mkdir repack

zip -j repack/services.jar classes*.dex
    After that you should have a new services.jar in your repack Folder.

Now You need to open the spoof\_AVDapi30.zip go in /system/framework/ and delete the old services.jar and put your own file in. that's in your repack Folder.

Don't ruin the zip-format of the file tho because otherwise Magisk will cry while install.

After that put your spoof-AVDapi30.zip and your microG\_AVDx86api30\_magiskMaRViN.zip on your Phone and Flash via Magisk.

Reboot and you hopefully have Signature spoofig working. If you run in any Problems check out the GitHub Links here. there will be comments that maybe will help.

#sigspoof #signature #spoofing #android11 #a11 #r

Work nice on my Xiomi Mi MAX 2 phone , thanks lot.

Attachments

• spoof_AVDapi30.zip
      7.5 MB · Views: 11

abrahamjohn731

Dec 4, 2012
    Belgium

11.0 / SDK 30 (R)
    did u manage to install it on android 11? I am now with the same problem.

goodflood

• Aug 25, 2012
    So, I have been laughed at and ignored in two threads... now I am asking here.

ROM: LineageOS 18.1 on my S10e

It apparently comes with signature spoofing: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...neageos-18-1-for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4173663/

1. Do I need to use fomey's smali patcher: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/module-smali-patcher-7-3.3680053/

Signature Spoofing Checker: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/lanchon.sigspoof.checker/ shows status as ENABLED

Installing fomey's smali patcher, I get bootloops. Pain in the a$$ to get out of.

2. I had 17.1 and used nanodroid with it. Came with a bunch of default apps. How do I remove all of them? Using .nanodroid-apps did not work.

goodflood

• Aug 25, 2012
    What are you trying to achieve? If you have sig.spoof enabled then you don't need nano patcher and other modules should work.
    I skipped fomey's smali patcher and installed nanodroid. Actually, nanodroid was already installed from before (magisk module), which was uninstalled, then ROM updated to the newest version after which, nanodroid latest installed.

Microg has a lot of options, and I am slowly learning them, but, just want to make sure the "core" is installed correctly. Self Check shows (see attached).

Previously, there were a lot of checks in microg. I am just not sure if I having skipped fomey's smali patcher is causing some issues or I need to do something else. Guidance appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210519-194656_microG_Services_Core[1].png
      Screenshot_20210519-194656_microG_Services_Core[1].png
      238.9 KB · Views: 22

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
    Ankara
    You need to touch unchecked ones and it will ask for ecessary permissions. Grant them and they become checked.

PS: Some roms requires you to enable sig.spoof in developer options. If the above steps doesn't work. Check the dev.options menu.

Reactions: kurtn

goodflood

• Aug 25, 2012
    You need to touch unchecked ones and it will ask for ecessary permissions. Grant them and they become checked.

PS: Some roms requires you to enable sig.spoof in developer options. If the above steps doesn't work. Check the dev.options menu.
    I was unable to change things earlier in the microg app, but I found the microg settings right next to dev options (and can toggle options) [as you suggested]. Thanks!

goodflood

• Aug 25, 2012
    Question:

2. I had 17.1 and used [old] nanodroid with it. Came with a bunch of default apps. How do I remove all of them? Using .nanodroid-apps file during upgrade with new nanodroid package did not work.

kurtn

• Jan 28, 2017
    Small town in Bavaria

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Work nice on my Xiomi Mi MAX 2 phone , thanks lot.

From telegram
      Signature Spoofing for Android 11
      Guide by bluede-v Will

First of all Flash your ROM and Magisk (you need to download the latest version to get Magisk working on Android 11)

Click on Build number (7x) to enable Developer Options

After that enable ADB-Debugging and Root-ADB-Debugging in your ROM in case of LineageOS go to Setting -> System -> Developer Options

So Lets go this is the more complicated part. but also really easy if you done it once.

I'm using Debian Linux but it should be possible on every OS. In Windows use the Linux Subsystem.

You need to have ADB installed on your System tho.

ADB link: https://adbdownload.com

First of all you need to download this 2 Files:

Rename "spoof\_AVDapi30.zip.ONLY'MAGISK&ANDROID-STUDIO" to "spoof\_AVDapi30.zip"

Next Download this zip: https://gitlab.com/oF2pks/haystack/-/archive/11-attempt/haystack-11-attempt.zip

Also download this jar file: https://github.com/DexPatcher/dexpa...nload/v1.8.0-beta1/dexpatcher-1.8.0-beta1.jar

So now unzip the haystack-11-attempt.zip and put the dexpatcher.jar file into to Folder.

This part I use Bash shell in Linux.
      Bash:

java -jar dexpatcher-1.8.0-beta1.jar -a 11 -M -v -d -o ./ services.jar 11-hook-services.jar.dex 11core-services.jar.dex
      (After that Command you should have 4 files all named classes*.dex)
      Bash:
      mkdir repack

zip -j repack/services.jar classes*.dex
      After that you should have a new services.jar in your repack Folder.

Now You need to open the spoof\_AVDapi30.zip go in /system/framework/ and delete the old services.jar and put your own file in. that's in your repack Folder.

Don't ruin the zip-format of the file tho because otherwise Magisk will cry while install.

After that put your spoof-AVDapi30.zip and your microG\_AVDx86api30\_magiskMaRViN.zip on your Phone and Flash via Magisk.

Reboot and you hopefully have Signature spoofig working. If you run in any Problems check out the GitHub Links here. there will be comments that maybe will help.

#sigspoof #signature #spoofing #android11 #a11 #r

Just tried the latest NanoDroid-patcher from git. Unlike the status of May 13th it now can be flashed successfully, nice so far, but unfortunately then trying to boot my LineageOS 18.1 on Xiaomi Mi8 is not possible any more, it keeps booting endlessly. I hope the attached logcat helps @Setialpha and others to improve? If not, please let me know what info I could provide additionally / which test to perform.

Just tried @kurtn 's method and it worked!

For anyone like me being unsure where to place the dexpatcher.jar:
      It is meant to
      So now unzip the haystack-11-attempt.zip and put the dexpatcher.jar file into the folder contraining the extracted haystack-11-attempt.zip, which typically is haystack-11-attempt (without the .zip in the end).
      Just tried the latest NanoDroid-patcher from git. Unlike the status of May 13th it now can be flashed successfully, nice so far, but unfortunately then trying to boot my LineageOS 18.1 on Xiaomi Mi8 is not possible any more, it keeps booting endlessly. I hope the attached logcat helps @Setialpha and others to improve? If not, please let me know what info I could provide additionally / which test to perform.
      Would you recommend to try @kurtn 's method for now or is it supposed to be the same anyhow?
      Here's the logcat mentioned above already.

For anyone who likes copy-paste, here is the link mentioned by kurtn above in full length:
      NanoDroid

NanoDroid is a installer for various OpenSource related things, most noticably microG and F-Droid. It supports direct /system installation, both devices with or without A/B partition scheme, aswell as Magisk Mode (module) installation. It also includes several tools (eg. GNU Bash, shell utilities, more), scripts, fonts, sounds and additional features (system debloating, init scripts, automatic logcat creation), aswell as a companion F-Droid Repository.

Furthermore it allows the user to do fine-graded installations using configuration files, which allow to choose what to install, or if several alternatives are available, which of them, see "Alter Installation" in the full documentation (link at the end of this post).

In order for full microG experience NanoDroid contains a modified Play Store which allows (in-)app-purchases with microG, which would normally not be possible. It also tries to remove all previously installed GApps on it's own. For ROMs without builtin signature spoofing support NanoDroid includes an on-device Patcher which tries to patch your ROM from TWRP.

Versions until 15.1 were called NanoMod, starting with 16.0 they're called NanoDroid.

NanoDroid does now have a companion F-Droid Repository for easy updates of Play Store (patched with (in-)app-purchase support) and MPV builds Repository Info-Page

Current Release

Stable: 23.1.1.20210117 "BusyCompat"
      Beta: --- (---)

Supported Android Versions

NanoDroid officially supports the following Android versions:

• 4.4 / SDK 19 (KitKat)
        • System Mode only (Magisk does not support KitKat)
      • 5.0 / SDK 21 (Lollipop)
      • 5.1 / SDK 22 (Lollipop)
      • 6.0 / SDK 23 (Marshmallow)
      • 7.0 / SDK 24 (Nougat)
      • 7.1 / SDK 25 (Nougat)
      • 8.0 / SDK 26 (Oreo)
      • 8.1 / SDK 27 (Oreo)
      • 9.0 / SDK 28 (Pie)
      • 10.0 / SDK 29
      • 11.0 / SDK 30 (R)
        • Deodex Instructions
      earlier versions will never officially be supported (you may still report bugs, though).

Future versions will be officially supported, eventually.

Summary

NanoDroid can be installed as a Magisk Module or directly to /system, though a bit functionality is only available with Magisk. It must be installed from TWRP!

NanoDroid includes

• microG and it's companions
        • on-device framework-patcher for microG support (signature spoofing)
      • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
        • modified Play Store to allow (in-)app-purchases with Magisk
          • alternatively Aurora Store can be installed instead
      • custom init scripts
      • pseudo-debloat feature
      • several Open Source applications
        • include replacements for the pseudo-debloated applications
        • full list of included applications
      Packages

Magisk Modules

Module packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid: includes
        • everything mentioned in the Summary
      • NanoDroid-microG: includes
        • microG and it's companions
        • GNU Bash
        • pseudo-debloat feature
        • app stores
      • NanoDroid-fdroid: includes
        • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
      • NanoDroid-BromiteWebView: includes
        • Bromite WebView
      • NanoDroid-OsmAnd: includes
        • OpenStreetMap for Android (OsmAnd+)

Extras

Extra packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid-pacher: includes
        • on-device framework-patcher (signature spoofing support)
      • NanoDroid-systest: includes
        • System Test script which generates a log to aid issue reporting
      • NanoDroid-uninstaller: includes
        • uninstalls all NanoMod/NanoDroid Magisk Modules
        • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid installed in System Mode
        • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid-Patcher addon.d environment

The GitLab repository contains the full documentation with infos about

• more detailed info what's included
      • detailed installation instructions
      • setup instructions for microG
      • list of known Issues (and fixes/workarounds)
      • more
      >> Full Documentation
      I never had a look about how much users NanoDroid might have gotten meanwhile, but I checked the stats, just for fun. So, if you wanna know, I'm leaving this here.

Just to make it clear: no personal information is stored, only basic stuff, like country of origin, Browser agent or what has been accessed, no tracking or profiling.

All values from May 1st to May 24th, for HTTPS access only (HTTP access to my site is down to less than 5 %, so I didn't bother).

NanoDroid (Zips):
      - Full/Stable: ~29.300 (!!)
      - Full/Beta: ~500
      - microG/Stable: ~16.500 (!!)
      - microG/Beta: ~1.000

NanoDroid F-Droid repo:
      - F-Droid repo update checks: ~88.000
      - custom GmsCore installs: ~4.000
      - patched Play Store installs: ~3.500
      - unofficial MPV build installs: ~1.350

Access by country (Zips):
      - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 52 %
      - Germany 5 %
      - Brazil 4 %

Access by country (F-Droid):
      - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 30 %
      - Germany 11 %
      - Russia 4 %

Top referers:
      - XDA
      - Miui Browser 'Hot'
      - 4PDA

OMG, I'm working on a project which attracts more than 45.000 users (active users of course unknown). I never thought NanoDroid would become this huge.

Thanks a lot for your ongoing support!
      Hi everyone,

I know I've been inactive for about 2 or 3 months here.

Those who follow the git repository might already know that some groundbreaking work was going on since beginning of August.

A new beta release 22.6.91 (= 22.7-beta2) will drop this weekend. What's to expect:

- full support for Android 10 (many issues resolved)
      - full support for Android 10 **if deodexed** in the Patcher
      - flashing all Packages (except the Uninstaller, needs a few changes, still) through Magisk Manager, this includes the Patcher aswell (yes, yes!)
      - more. See ChangeLog.md for the full list.

I won't go into reading the past 10+ pages, if there are any unresolved issues or questions, feel free to post them again (or in case of issues even better: create a ticket over at gitlab, with logs included).