[MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 23.1.2.20210117 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps)

Search This thread

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
Wheres the fakesign option?

Dunno, I asked you whether it's there.

You can use framework-patcher regardless of whether the ROM is pre-patched, btw.

Am I mistaken, or are all the apps you mention also installed? I'd prefer not to have a preconfigured list of apps. Is there a way to customize what apps are installed? Even better, to install F-Droid only here?

Yes, they are magic mounted, but can be disabled. Though that includes FDroid, too. See 'Alter Installation' in first post. I may opt-in to separate FDroid install into it's own option, though.

Cant find a logcat apk for noguat..

logcat is a shell command, readily available. For UI you may use apps likr Catlog or Material Log.

Reactions: topyli

D_black84

Mar 5, 2014
will i be able to sync my google contacts with this mod? or would i have to install the apk seperately?

piet8stevens

Jun 15, 2009
Lanaken
Fascinating module. Has anyone tried this with microg on a XenonHD rom? What would be the benefit of installing microg via magisk/nanomod vs flashing it directly on the rom? (Sorry re my ignorance)

Reactions: MaurixMystic

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
Fascinating module. Has anyone tried this with microg on a XenonHD rom? What would be the benefit of installing microg via magisk/nanomod vs flashing it directly on the rom? (Sorry re my ignorance)

The benefit is, it won't be deleted upon ROM update or when changing ROM. Plus I modified the Play Store so that (in-)app-purchases work with microG (if Play Store and Google Services don't have the same signature it does not work, so I re-signed microG GmsCore and Play Store with the same key and modified the Play Store to use Signature Spoofing as microG GmsCore does - et voila - (in-)app-purchases).

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
Hi, the link to microG homepage is not working. I get a 404 error.
Thanks ;)

Yes, it doesn't like the www. prefix. Thanks.

Am I mistaken, or are all the apps you mention also installed? I'd prefer not to have a preconfigured list of apps. Is there a way to customize what apps are installed? Even better, to install F-Droid only here?

I pushed a commit to the github repository which adds

Code:
nanomod.fdroid

setup variable. So what you want is

Code:
nanomod.fdroid=1
nanomod.apps=0

in your

Code:
/sdcard/.nanomod-setup

file. This will populate F-Droid + Privileged Extension, but not the other stuff (in fact it will also include Magisk Manager, cause that's the only other app not effected by nanomod.apps variable, on purpose).

Last edited:
Reactions: topyli

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
i appriciate your work and help

issue the following command as root via

Code:
adb shell

or via terminal emulator on phone:

Code:
pm grant com.android.vending android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE

this will grant Play Store the required permission. In the upcoming version 5.2 the script

Code:
nanomod-overlay

will get the

Code:
-p / --permission

parameter which will grant fakesign to microG GmsCore and Play Store, aswell as ignore battery optimization permission to microG GmsCore.

Reactions: Kungencortes

pavanjadhaw

Sep 2, 2015
Nagpur
Okay, I tried it on RR on my moto g 2015 but I am stuck at that part(framework-patcher.sh)
Can you explain it a little?
haystack framework patcher helper
provide Android Version like:
haystack [version] [--gui]
there version is one of:
4.1 [JB]
4.2 [JB]
4.3 [JB]
4.4 [KK]
5.0 [LL]
5.1 [LL]
6.0 [MM]
7.0 [N]
7.1 [N]
device desired to patch must be connected through
TWRP and /system mounted read-write.
After executing it shows this and process exits.
I also tried it making executable but same problem.
I dont think it needs to made exec because of the nature of the script.

Last edited:

Kungencortes

Sep 28, 2013
Malmö

All premissions are active in self check now, but somehow i still have a server issue.

Code:
nanomod-overlay

will get the

Code:
-p / --permission

parameter which will grant fakesign to microG GmsCore and Play Store, aswell as ignore battery optimization permission to microG GmsCore.

should i use terminal for this? commands does not work, sorry for being brain numb

Attachments

• log2.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
Okay, I tried it on RR on my moto g 2015 but I am stuck at that part(framework-patcher.sh)
Can you explain it a little?

You need to do, what it tells you do to: pass the android version on your phone. Example for latest Nougat:

Code:
framework-patcher.sh 7.1

Also your phone needs to be in TWRP and connected to PC through USB

All premissions are active in self check now, but somehow i still have a server issue.

should i use terminal for this? commands does not work, sorry for being brain numb

This is a known bug that sometimes appears on some ROMs, I can't do anything about it. Though: there's an easy work-around, kill the Play Store and start it again ("kill" = Recent Apps screen -> swipe Play Store away).

Edit:

Code:
nanomod-overlay -p

is part of upcoming version 5.2 and does the same as running

Code:
pm grant bla blub

just in a nicer fashion.

Reactions: Kungencortes

pavanjadhaw

Sep 2, 2015
Nagpur
You need to do, what it tells you do to: pass the android version on your phone. Example for latest Nougat:

Also your phone needs to be in TWRP and connected to PC through USB

This is a known bug that sometimes appears on some ROMs, I can't do anything about it. Though: there's an easy work-around, kill the Play Store and start it again ("kill" = Recent Apps screen -> swipe Play Store away).

Edit:

Edit:

nanomod-overlay -p

is part of upcoming version 5.2 and does the same as running

just in a nicer fashion.

Thanks finally figured it out, now its working perfectly.

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
Sadly still not working, maybe im cursed..

Did you login to your account before or after granting the permission using the 'pm grant...' command?

If you did login before that command, delete Play Store data, delete Goigle Account in Settings > Accounts and re-login. If you did login after that command, try a reboot.

If it still doesn't work then, I'm puzzled.

I know from crDroid that pre-patched ROMs can be very tricky when trying to spoof Play Store. I use framework-patcher.sh on crDroid on my tablet aswell, it makes it work just fine, regardless of built-in fakesign support.

Though I generally use non-pre-patched ROMs, as I know framework-patcher.sh/haystack generates a setup, that's the same on all ROMs/devices, where pre-patched ROMs behave differently.

Kungencortes

Sep 28, 2013
Malmö
Did you login to your account before or after granting the permission using the 'pm grant...' command?

If you did login before that command, delete Play Store data, delete Goigle Account in Settings > Accounts and re-login. If you did login after that command, try a reboot.

If it still doesn't work then, I'm puzzled.

I know from crDroid that pre-patched ROMs can be very tricky when trying to spoof Play Store. I use framework-patcher.sh on crDroid on my tablet aswell, it makes it work just fine, regardless of built-in fakesign support.

Though I generally use non-pre-patched ROMs, as I know framework-patcher.sh/haystack generates a setup, that's the same on all ROMs/devices, where pre-patched ROMs behave differently.

Still not working :/ even switched roms and got same prob, Any easy tutorial for patching framework on windows ? seems very complicated otherwise.

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
Still not working :/ even switched roms and got same prob, Any easy tutorial for patching framework on windows ? seems very complicated otherwise.

Uff, Windows (last time I used that thing on my PC was years ago). If you click on the Haystack link in first post, you'll find it's documentation. That should help you.

Porting framework-patcher.sh to Windows is a bit difficult, because of the prerequisites like git, Java, adb...

Else I'd suggest reading up on this stuff in the microg documentation (click microg link in first post).

Dunno what's wrong on your end, I never had such issues.

Did you do a clean flash, including wiping data? If so you could once again post a logcat, this time the complete one please, maybe there's something wrong earlier than Play Store launch.

D_black84

Mar 5, 2014
Play store (Phonesky) has correct signature is not ticked.. i entered this command "pm grant com.android.vending android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE" but it says operation not allowed . is there a space between vending and android? i must have done something wrong

update: Nevermind i figured it out . All good now

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NanoDroid

NanoDroid is a installer for various OpenSource related things, most noticably microG and F-Droid. It supports direct /system installation, both devices with or without A/B partition scheme, aswell as Magisk Mode (module) installation. It also includes several tools (eg. GNU Bash, shell utilities, more), scripts, fonts, sounds and additional features (system debloating, init scripts, automatic logcat creation), aswell as a companion F-Droid Repository.

Furthermore it allows the user to do fine-graded installations using configuration files, which allow to choose what to install, or if several alternatives are available, which of them, see "Alter Installation" in the full documentation (link at the end of this post).

In order for full microG experience NanoDroid contains a modified Play Store which allows (in-)app-purchases with microG, which would normally not be possible. It also tries to remove all previously installed GApps on it's own. For ROMs without builtin signature spoofing support NanoDroid includes an on-device Patcher which tries to patch your ROM from TWRP.

Versions until 15.1 were called NanoMod, starting with 16.0 they're called NanoDroid.

NanoDroid does now have a companion F-Droid Repository for easy updates of Play Store (patched with (in-)app-purchase support) and MPV builds Repository Info-Page

Current Release

Stable: 23.1.1.20210117 "BusyCompat"
    Beta: --- (---)

Supported Android Versions

NanoDroid officially supports the following Android versions:

• 4.4 / SDK 19 (KitKat)
      • System Mode only (Magisk does not support KitKat)
    • 5.0 / SDK 21 (Lollipop)
    • 5.1 / SDK 22 (Lollipop)
    • 6.0 / SDK 23 (Marshmallow)
    • 7.0 / SDK 24 (Nougat)
    • 7.1 / SDK 25 (Nougat)
    • 8.0 / SDK 26 (Oreo)
    • 8.1 / SDK 27 (Oreo)
    • 9.0 / SDK 28 (Pie)
    • 10.0 / SDK 29
    • 11.0 / SDK 30 (R)
      • Patcher does not work from TWRP
      • Patcher works from Magisk if your ROM's services.jar already contains classes.dex
      • Deodex Instructions
    earlier versions will never officially be supported (you may still report bugs, though).

Future versions will be officially supported, eventually.

Summary

NanoDroid can be installed as a Magisk Module or directly to /system, though a bit functionality is only available with Magisk. It must be installed from TWRP!

NanoDroid includes

• microG and it's companions
      • on-device framework-patcher for microG support (signature spoofing)
    • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
      • modified Play Store to allow (in-)app-purchases with Magisk
        • alternatively Aurora Store can be installed instead
    • custom init scripts
    • pseudo-debloat feature
    • several Open Source applications
      • include replacements for the pseudo-debloated applications
      • full list of included applications
    Packages

Magisk Modules

Module packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid: includes
      • everything mentioned in the Summary
    • NanoDroid-microG: includes
      • microG and it's companions
      • GNU Bash
      • pseudo-debloat feature
      • app stores
    • NanoDroid-fdroid: includes
      • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
    • NanoDroid-BromiteWebView: includes
      • Bromite WebView
    • NanoDroid-OsmAnd: includes
      • OpenStreetMap for Android (OsmAnd+)

Extras

Extra packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid-pacher: includes
      • on-device framework-patcher (signature spoofing support)
    • NanoDroid-systest: includes
      • System Test script which generates a log to aid issue reporting
    • NanoDroid-uninstaller: includes
      • uninstalls all NanoMod/NanoDroid Magisk Modules
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid installed in System Mode
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid-Patcher addon.d environment

The GitLab repository contains the full documentation with infos about

• more detailed info what's included
    • detailed installation instructions
    • setup instructions for microG
    • list of known Issues (and fixes/workarounds)
    • more
    >> Full Documentation
    I never had a look about how much users NanoDroid might have gotten meanwhile, but I checked the stats, just for fun. So, if you wanna know, I'm leaving this here.

Just to make it clear: no personal information is stored, only basic stuff, like country of origin, Browser agent or what has been accessed, no tracking or profiling.

All values from May 1st to May 24th, for HTTPS access only (HTTP access to my site is down to less than 5 %, so I didn't bother).

NanoDroid (Zips):
    - Full/Stable: ~29.300 (!!)
    - Full/Beta: ~500
    - microG/Stable: ~16.500 (!!)
    - microG/Beta: ~1.000

NanoDroid F-Droid repo:
    - F-Droid repo update checks: ~88.000
    - custom GmsCore installs: ~4.000
    - patched Play Store installs: ~3.500
    - unofficial MPV build installs: ~1.350

Access by country (Zips):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 52 %
    - Germany 5 %
    - Brazil 4 %

Access by country (F-Droid):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 30 %
    - Germany 11 %
    - Russia 4 %

Top referers:
    - XDA
    - Miui Browser 'Hot'
    - 4PDA

OMG, I'm working on a project which attracts more than 45.000 users (active users of course unknown). I never thought NanoDroid would become this huge.

Thanks a lot for your ongoing support!
    Hi everyone,

I know I've been inactive for about 2 or 3 months here.

Those who follow the git repository might already know that some groundbreaking work was going on since beginning of August.

A new beta release 22.6.91 (= 22.7-beta2) will drop this weekend. What's to expect:

- full support for Android 10 (many issues resolved)
    - full support for Android 10 **if deodexed** in the Patcher
    - flashing all Packages (except the Uninstaller, needs a few changes, still) through Magisk Manager, this includes the Patcher aswell (yes, yes!)
    - more. See ChangeLog.md for the full list.

I won't go into reading the past 10+ pages, if there are any unresolved issues or questions, feel free to post them again (or in case of issues even better: create a ticket over at gitlab, with logs included).