[MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 23.1.2.20210117 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps)

Search This thread

d0s1s

Feb 17, 2018
Oh, I see, haven't yet tested anything, so it's safe to update, yay! Edit: DroidGuard Helper alone is enough, GmsCore is always on the hide list. Will add this to the issues list.

In my case, I fixed this situation with two steps:

1 - Using Magisk Hide for DroidGuard (this causes DroidGuard crash).
2 - To fix the crash... running like root --> pm install -r /system/app/DroidGuard/DroidGuard.apk`

SaffetyNet passes on latest nanodroid-microg build on OmniRom for OnePlus 6 and Magisk v18.0.

Regards

NamitNayan

Feb 11, 2017
In my case, I fixed this situation with two steps:

1 - Using Magisk Hide for DroidGuard (this causes DroidGuard crash).
2 - To fix the crash... running like root --> pm install -r /system/app/DroidGuard/DroidGuard.apk`
You can simply install apk like any other app in case 2.
It fixed for me.

alecthenice

Jul 20, 2016
San Francisco
Will this work on a device that has both android 5.1 sdk and an aditional moverio sdk? I want to install the magisk module so that i can use the backend of the google play enviroment. Is deoxing the rom all that is needed for compatability of devices among all devices within the specified supported sdks? I ask because my thread of like 6 on this device only includes amateurs. I have magisk and a twrp that is modified to suit my device I havent flashed it yet though because it requires a mouse to use. It should probably be flashed?

iacchi

Jul 3, 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, GB
It's the same path, because the system app has been replaced with the new one. You can simply remove the old one, as it's normally a user app (update).

Hi Setialpha, that's the point: I can't. Both the old Simple Gallery and Yalp (I've switched to Aurora) are still considered system apps and the uninstall option is not there. The same thing didn't happen with Simple Calendar (I just decided that I didn't need it anymore, so I removed it from .nanodroid-apps), where after the update it was switched to a user app and so I was able to remove it.

forjustin

Oct 10, 2015
Dover
Hi Setialpha, that's the point: I can't. Both the old Simple Gallery and Yalp (I've switched to Aurora) are still considered system apps and the uninstall option is not there. The same thing didn't happen with Simple Calendar (I just decided that I didn't need it anymore, so I removed it from .nanodroid-apps), where after the update it was switched to a user app and so I was able to remove it.
Use root Toolcase app from xda.

derders

Oct 2, 2011
@Setialpha

google play support libraries updates often a day at the moment... isn`t the fix to update microg version number to a higher one?

I am on latest updates of your microg that comes via fdroid (repo)
0.2.6.14797-dirty-113

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
@Setialpha

google play support libraries updates often a day at the moment... isn`t the fix to update microg version number to a higher one?

I am on latest updates of your microg that comes via fdroid (repo)
0.2.6.14797-dirty-113

inwaw about to ask samething. latest and it keeps updating. check in fdroid and all its uptodate. why is this happening.?
i remember staying on this build cause i had ps update constantly..
NanoDroid-microG-18.0.1.20180907.zip have not used this in a while but it was not present in that build..
setialpha

NotesOfReality

Jan 16, 2015
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi A2
Excuse me I've installed the stable build of NanoDroid 20.3.20181208 on bacon(armv7-a Snap 801 device) Candy Rom based on Android 8.1 Oreo with November Security Patch and I've all the green positive flags in the "Self-Check" menu of the "Micro-G Settings" app, unfortunately I've no sync options in the sync menu of my google account in the "Settings" app. I've enabled the "System Mode Installation" and "Google Sync" (or something like that) flags in the "setupwizard" AROMA zip. "GoogleContactsSync" and "GoogleCalendarSync" folders are correctly placed in /system/app and "GoogleBackupTransport" is correctly placed in /system/priv-app and their permissions(folders and apk files) are correct, moreover I've tried to clear their data and reboot but that didn't fix a thing. Could anybody please help me or tell me what am I missing? I've searched in the README.md for "sync" and "contact" keywords without finding anything helpful.

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Tried search but didn't find this mentioned.

Getting "ERROR: 1" when trying to flash from TWRP [3.2.2-1 Unofficial]. Is it caused by SELinux Enforcing in my ROM [LOS 15.1 Unofficial]?

TWRP Log extract is:

Installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/NanoDroid-20.3.20181208.zip'
Checking for Digest file...
Skipping Digest check: no Digest file found
I:Update binary zip
Verifying package compatibility...
Package doesn't contain compatibility.zip entry
I:Zip does not contain SELinux file_contexts file in its root.
I:Legacy property environment not used in updater.
/tmp/updater[11]: unzip: not found
!! failed to load Common Installer
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
I:Install took 0 second(s).
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/NanoDroid-20.3.20181208.zip'

Huawei Mediapad M5 [8.4]
SuperSU Rooted w/xposed
SHT-W09 (C567)
LOS 15.1 [unofficial]

Any help appreciated

Sent from my SHT-W09 using XDA Labs

>>>>>>>>>> EDIT: Able to flash in TWRP after Mount->System <<<<<<<<<<<<

Still not able to use G**gl-dependant apps though.

Getting "java.lang.SecurityException: Not allowed to bind to service Intent { act=com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTER pkg=com.google.android.gms }" error

>>>>>>>>>> EDIT 2: Okay, works fine. Had to un/reinstall problem apps. <<<<<<<<<<<<

Last edited:
Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
Uploaded new Play Store and microG builds.
In curious if the microG Builds are signed with different signatures each time. I'm on build dirty-113 now and would like to update to dirty-115, but F-Droid refuses to update with a potential signature mismatch notification.

I'm having this issue for the past few versions. None would update over its predecessor. As of now I always have to push the APKs manually to /system/priv-app to update to the latest Snapshot build provided by the Nanolx F-Droid Repo. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181215-130513_F-Droid_1.png
    Screenshot_20181215-130513_F-Droid_1.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 312

elraffa

Jul 1, 2014
hi, I have latest 20.3 nanodroid version, latest magisk 18.1r4 version, ROM viperOs nougat 7.1.2, in nanodroid settings/Google safetynet enabled/official server... but in magisk manager I get safetynet API error and root checker app I get"can't access Google play services".. how can I pass safetynet?Screenshot_20181215-091717.jpeg

Enviado desde mi ALE-L23 mediante Tapatalk

epsilon_0

Jul 11, 2018
I'm having problems installing NanoDroid on a clean OmniRom installation.

I've installed OmniRom, then installed TWRP, then Magisk, and nothing else.
When I boot into recovery and install NanoDroid (full version) I get the error:
Code:
  failed to install /dev/tmp/install/system/app/Amaze/Amaze.apk to 
  /dev/tmp/magisk_img/NanoDroid/system/app/Amaze
  !!
  - Unmounting Patitions ....

Can you please help me? I really want to be able to use this!
It looks like a really awesome module!

PS: When I didn't have magisk, it was able to install it to system and worked OK but needed more permissions which I couldn't without magisk.

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
In curious if the microG Builds are signed with different signatures each time. I'm on build dirty-113 now and would like to update to dirty-115, but F-Droid refuses to update with a potential signature mismatch notification.

I'm having this issue for the past few versions. None would update over its predecessor. As of now I always have to push the APKs manually to /system/priv-app to update to the latest Snapshot build provided by the Nanolx F-Droid Repo. Any ideas?
I don't use Nanodroid as flashable zip, just the Nanodroid F-Droid repo and never had any issues updating the apps.

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
hi, I have latest 20.3 nanodroid version, latest magisk 18.1r4 version, ROM viperOs nougat 7.1.2, in nanodroid settings/Google safetynet enabled/official server... but in magisk manager I get safetynet API error and root checker app I get"can't access Google play services".. how can I pass safetynet?

Enviado desde mi ALE-L23 mediante Tapatalk

Read the Issues section. Issue already listed and happens with Magisk 18.0 or newer.

Reactions: elraffa

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
I'm having problems installing NanoDroid on a clean OmniRom installation.

I've installed OmniRom, then installed TWRP, then Magisk, and nothing else.
When I boot into recovery and install NanoDroid (full version) I get the error:

Can you please help me? I really want to be able to use this!
It looks like a really awesome module!

PS: When I didn't have magisk, it was able to install it to system and worked OK but needed more permissions which I couldn't without magisk.

There's the log?

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T

Of course not, they ate all signed with the same key. Some Stock ROMs don't like the F-Droid Priviledged extension, maybe disabling it helps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NanoDroid

NanoDroid is a installer for various OpenSource related things, most noticably microG and F-Droid. It supports direct /system installation, both devices with or without A/B partition scheme, aswell as Magisk Mode (module) installation. It also includes several tools (eg. GNU Bash, shell utilities, more), scripts, fonts, sounds and additional features (system debloating, init scripts, automatic logcat creation), aswell as a companion F-Droid Repository.

Furthermore it allows the user to do fine-graded installations using configuration files, which allow to choose what to install, or if several alternatives are available, which of them, see "Alter Installation" in the full documentation (link at the end of this post).

In order for full microG experience NanoDroid contains a modified Play Store which allows (in-)app-purchases with microG, which would normally not be possible. It also tries to remove all previously installed GApps on it's own. For ROMs without builtin signature spoofing support NanoDroid includes an on-device Patcher which tries to patch your ROM from TWRP.

Versions until 15.1 were called NanoMod, starting with 16.0 they're called NanoDroid.

NanoDroid does now have a companion F-Droid Repository for easy updates of Play Store (patched with (in-)app-purchase support) and MPV builds Repository Info-Page

Current Release

Stable: 23.1.1.20210117 "BusyCompat"
    Beta: --- (---)

Supported Android Versions

NanoDroid officially supports the following Android versions:

• 4.4 / SDK 19 (KitKat)
      • System Mode only (Magisk does not support KitKat)
    • 5.0 / SDK 21 (Lollipop)
    • 5.1 / SDK 22 (Lollipop)
    • 6.0 / SDK 23 (Marshmallow)
    • 7.0 / SDK 24 (Nougat)
    • 7.1 / SDK 25 (Nougat)
    • 8.0 / SDK 26 (Oreo)
    • 8.1 / SDK 27 (Oreo)
    • 9.0 / SDK 28 (Pie)
    • 10.0 / SDK 29
    • 11.0 / SDK 30 (R)
      • Patcher does not work from TWRP
      • Patcher works from Magisk if your ROM's services.jar already contains classes.dex
      • Deodex Instructions
    earlier versions will never officially be supported (you may still report bugs, though).

Future versions will be officially supported, eventually.

Summary

NanoDroid can be installed as a Magisk Module or directly to /system, though a bit functionality is only available with Magisk. It must be installed from TWRP!

NanoDroid includes

• microG and it's companions
      • on-device framework-patcher for microG support (signature spoofing)
    • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
      • modified Play Store to allow (in-)app-purchases with Magisk
        • alternatively Aurora Store can be installed instead
    • custom init scripts
    • pseudo-debloat feature
    • several Open Source applications
      • include replacements for the pseudo-debloated applications
      • full list of included applications
    Packages

Magisk Modules

Module packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid: includes
      • everything mentioned in the Summary
    • NanoDroid-microG: includes
      • microG and it's companions
      • GNU Bash
      • pseudo-debloat feature
      • app stores
    • NanoDroid-fdroid: includes
      • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
    • NanoDroid-BromiteWebView: includes
      • Bromite WebView
    • NanoDroid-OsmAnd: includes
      • OpenStreetMap for Android (OsmAnd+)

Extras

Extra packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid-pacher: includes
      • on-device framework-patcher (signature spoofing support)
    • NanoDroid-systest: includes
      • System Test script which generates a log to aid issue reporting
    • NanoDroid-uninstaller: includes
      • uninstalls all NanoMod/NanoDroid Magisk Modules
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid installed in System Mode
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid-Patcher addon.d environment

The GitLab repository contains the full documentation with infos about

• more detailed info what's included
    • detailed installation instructions
    • setup instructions for microG
    • list of known Issues (and fixes/workarounds)
    • more
    >> Full Documentation
    I never had a look about how much users NanoDroid might have gotten meanwhile, but I checked the stats, just for fun. So, if you wanna know, I'm leaving this here.

Just to make it clear: no personal information is stored, only basic stuff, like country of origin, Browser agent or what has been accessed, no tracking or profiling.

All values from May 1st to May 24th, for HTTPS access only (HTTP access to my site is down to less than 5 %, so I didn't bother).

NanoDroid (Zips):
    - Full/Stable: ~29.300 (!!)
    - Full/Beta: ~500
    - microG/Stable: ~16.500 (!!)
    - microG/Beta: ~1.000

NanoDroid F-Droid repo:
    - F-Droid repo update checks: ~88.000
    - custom GmsCore installs: ~4.000
    - patched Play Store installs: ~3.500
    - unofficial MPV build installs: ~1.350

Access by country (Zips):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 52 %
    - Germany 5 %
    - Brazil 4 %

Access by country (F-Droid):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 30 %
    - Germany 11 %
    - Russia 4 %

Top referers:
    - XDA
    - Miui Browser 'Hot'
    - 4PDA

OMG, I'm working on a project which attracts more than 45.000 users (active users of course unknown). I never thought NanoDroid would become this huge.

Thanks a lot for your ongoing support!
    Hi everyone,

I know I've been inactive for about 2 or 3 months here.

Those who follow the git repository might already know that some groundbreaking work was going on since beginning of August.

A new beta release 22.6.91 (= 22.7-beta2) will drop this weekend. What's to expect:

- full support for Android 10 (many issues resolved)
    - full support for Android 10 **if deodexed** in the Patcher
    - flashing all Packages (except the Uninstaller, needs a few changes, still) through Magisk Manager, this includes the Patcher aswell (yes, yes!)
    - more. See ChangeLog.md for the full list.

I won't go into reading the past 10+ pages, if there are any unresolved issues or questions, feel free to post them again (or in case of issues even better: create a ticket over at gitlab, with logs included).