[MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 23.1.2.20210117 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps)

Search This thread

z99vwEfK

Oct 8, 2019
I just installed nanodroid and made a mistake thinking yalp was dropped in latest stable, so I ended up with yalp store instead of aurora store. what's the easiest way to change this? do I have to do it manually or can I just make the changes to .nanodroid-setup and reflash nanodroid?

I just installed nanodroid and made a mistake thinking yalp was dropped in latest stable, so I ended up with yalp store instead of aurora store. what's the easiest way to change this? do I have to do it manually or can I just make the changes to .nanodroid-setup and reflash nanodroid?
Yes, change the setup file and reflash.

refai

Sep 30, 2017
Google Pixel 4a
Not sure which problem this is nanodroid or microg but I was able to get it installed on my zenfone max pro m1 running android 10 but i'm unable to add a google account, does microg have to be updated first?

Hi, would like to know which Android 10 you used? With the same phone, I have tested every available ROM but they didn't work. Please advice, I. Wanted to give a try.

About 18 ROMs working with Pie, tested and used it for fora week. link https://xdaforums.com/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1/how-to/install-microg-asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1-t3953130

refai

Sep 30, 2017
Google Pixel 4a

NamitNayan

Feb 11, 2017
Hi, would like to know which Android 10 you used? With the same phone, I have tested every available ROM but they didn't work. Please advice, I. Wanted to give a try.

About 18 ROMs working with Pie, tested and used it for fora week. link https://xdaforums.com/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1/how-to/install-microg-asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1-t3953130
You missed the BASIC.
Lineage OS microg version. (Comes with microg, and nanodroid will install fine over it, in case you need something more than microg, like patched play store etc)
I use it as it is, works good.
https://download.lineage.microg.org/X00TD/

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
@Setialpha magisk don't work on my phone. Its corrupts system. But i have got fully working TWRP. The stock pie rom is chinese ROM. My device is nubia red magic nx609j. Will this app work on my phone without magisk? I have OMNi but on that too. Magisk didn't worked.!

D

Deleted member 8828390

@Setialpha magisk don't work on my phone. Its corrupts system. But i have got fully working TWRP. The stock pie rom is chinese ROM. My device is nubia red magic nx609j. Will this app work on my phone without magisk? I have OMNi but on that too. Magisk didn't worked.!
You dont need magisk to install nanodroid. It'll install into system istead of as a magisk module if you dont have magisk.

Reactions: pocketrule

roqstr

Sep 23, 2011
Not related to being unable to add a account. Edit: there's no shadow53 Play Store, those packages use mine (and that's stated over there).

I've been told licensing for paid apps works with the "shadow53" playstore.
Can I install the patched playstore seperately and have it working again? currently every app contacting playstore for the license are not working. I tried installing the provided .zip from shadow53, installation seemed fine in twrp but nothing changed.

SH1M4BD3

@septialpha may you see the logs, flashed both (stable&beta) on Q microG core spoofing perfectly, except the playstore as the rom build has spoofing support out of the box, but on permission, spoofing - the 2 part wasn't displayed so there's no way to enabling spoof options

Attachments

• nanodroid_logs.7z
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
@septialpha may you see the logs, flashed both (stable&beta) on Q microG core spoofing perfectly, excep the playstore as the rom build has spoofing support out of the box, but on permission, spoofing the 2 part wasn't displayed so there's no way to enabling spoof option

'npem' as root on device or Settings > Apps > Permissions > Signature Spoofing.

That is, by the way, mentioned in the issues section of the NanoDroid documentation.

zedoc

Dec 5, 2014
Just received an FDROID update of MicroG+fakestore today, and UnifiedNlp check is suddenly gone...
Tried to reboot, reinit A-GPS in gps status app, re-download "LOCAL GSM database" but it's not coming back.
Location is working fine with OSM& and i have some GPS fix by the way.
any idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191022-205015.jpg
    Screenshot_20191022-205015.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Screenshot_20191022-205003.jpg
    Screenshot_20191022-205003.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 273

kurtn

Just received an FDROID update of MicroG+fakestore today, and UnifiedNlp check is suddenly gone...
Tried to reboot, reinit A-GPS in gps status app, re-download "LOCAL GSM database" but it's not coming back.
Location is working fine with OSM& and i have some GPS fix by the way.
any idea?
This is no nanodroid issue. I've seen same effect in lineage4microG.

Reactions: zedoc

zedoc

Dec 5, 2014
This is no nanodroid issue. I've seen same effect in lineage4microG.

So you mean it's only "cosmetic"?
i've flashed latest Nanodroid beta on top in TWRP, still no Unified check.
also reapplied:
Code:
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
to be sure.
But looks like my Location working fine anyway.

kurtn

So you mean it's only "cosmetic"?
i've flashed latest Nanodroid beta on top in TWRP, still no Unified check.
also reapplied:

to be sure.
But looks like my Location working fine anyway.
We have two sources of location: gps and nlp. Not registered means we lost nlp. Try satstat app to show both locations.

zedoc

Dec 5, 2014
We have two sources of location: gps and nlp. Not registered means we lost nlp. Try satstat app to show both locations.

Thanks, you're right, Network location (the blue one) not showing on SATSTAT map.
Only GPS location (the red one) showing ont the map.

I'll clean flash soon on AOSP Q, i'll live with it in the meantime :)

Reactions: kurtn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NanoDroid

NanoDroid is a installer for various OpenSource related things, most noticably microG and F-Droid. It supports direct /system installation, both devices with or without A/B partition scheme, aswell as Magisk Mode (module) installation. It also includes several tools (eg. GNU Bash, shell utilities, more), scripts, fonts, sounds and additional features (system debloating, init scripts, automatic logcat creation), aswell as a companion F-Droid Repository.

Furthermore it allows the user to do fine-graded installations using configuration files, which allow to choose what to install, or if several alternatives are available, which of them, see "Alter Installation" in the full documentation (link at the end of this post).

In order for full microG experience NanoDroid contains a modified Play Store which allows (in-)app-purchases with microG, which would normally not be possible. It also tries to remove all previously installed GApps on it's own. For ROMs without builtin signature spoofing support NanoDroid includes an on-device Patcher which tries to patch your ROM from TWRP.

Versions until 15.1 were called NanoMod, starting with 16.0 they're called NanoDroid.

NanoDroid does now have a companion F-Droid Repository for easy updates of Play Store (patched with (in-)app-purchase support) and MPV builds Repository Info-Page

Current Release

Stable: 23.1.1.20210117 "BusyCompat"
    Beta: --- (---)

Supported Android Versions

NanoDroid officially supports the following Android versions:

• 4.4 / SDK 19 (KitKat)
      • System Mode only (Magisk does not support KitKat)
    • 5.0 / SDK 21 (Lollipop)
    • 5.1 / SDK 22 (Lollipop)
    • 6.0 / SDK 23 (Marshmallow)
    • 7.0 / SDK 24 (Nougat)
    • 7.1 / SDK 25 (Nougat)
    • 8.0 / SDK 26 (Oreo)
    • 8.1 / SDK 27 (Oreo)
    • 9.0 / SDK 28 (Pie)
    • 10.0 / SDK 29
    • 11.0 / SDK 30 (R)
      • Patcher does not work from TWRP
      • Patcher works from Magisk if your ROM's services.jar already contains classes.dex
      • Deodex Instructions
    earlier versions will never officially be supported (you may still report bugs, though).

Future versions will be officially supported, eventually.

Summary

NanoDroid can be installed as a Magisk Module or directly to /system, though a bit functionality is only available with Magisk. It must be installed from TWRP!

NanoDroid includes

• microG and it's companions
      • on-device framework-patcher for microG support (signature spoofing)
    • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
      • modified Play Store to allow (in-)app-purchases with Magisk
        • alternatively Aurora Store can be installed instead
    • custom init scripts
    • pseudo-debloat feature
    • several Open Source applications
      • include replacements for the pseudo-debloated applications
      • full list of included applications
    Packages

Magisk Modules

Module packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid: includes
      • everything mentioned in the Summary
    • NanoDroid-microG: includes
      • microG and it's companions
      • GNU Bash
      • pseudo-debloat feature
      • app stores
    • NanoDroid-fdroid: includes
      • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
    • NanoDroid-BromiteWebView: includes
      • Bromite WebView
    • NanoDroid-OsmAnd: includes
      • OpenStreetMap for Android (OsmAnd+)

Extras

Extra packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid-pacher: includes
      • on-device framework-patcher (signature spoofing support)
    • NanoDroid-systest: includes
      • System Test script which generates a log to aid issue reporting
    • NanoDroid-uninstaller: includes
      • uninstalls all NanoMod/NanoDroid Magisk Modules
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid installed in System Mode
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid-Patcher addon.d environment

The GitLab repository contains the full documentation with infos about

• more detailed info what's included
    • detailed installation instructions
    • setup instructions for microG
    • list of known Issues (and fixes/workarounds)
    • more
    >> Full Documentation
    I never had a look about how much users NanoDroid might have gotten meanwhile, but I checked the stats, just for fun. So, if you wanna know, I'm leaving this here.

Just to make it clear: no personal information is stored, only basic stuff, like country of origin, Browser agent or what has been accessed, no tracking or profiling.

All values from May 1st to May 24th, for HTTPS access only (HTTP access to my site is down to less than 5 %, so I didn't bother).

NanoDroid (Zips):
    - Full/Stable: ~29.300 (!!)
    - Full/Beta: ~500
    - microG/Stable: ~16.500 (!!)
    - microG/Beta: ~1.000

NanoDroid F-Droid repo:
    - F-Droid repo update checks: ~88.000
    - custom GmsCore installs: ~4.000
    - patched Play Store installs: ~3.500
    - unofficial MPV build installs: ~1.350

Access by country (Zips):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 52 %
    - Germany 5 %
    - Brazil 4 %

Access by country (F-Droid):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 30 %
    - Germany 11 %
    - Russia 4 %

Top referers:
    - XDA
    - Miui Browser 'Hot'
    - 4PDA

OMG, I'm working on a project which attracts more than 45.000 users (active users of course unknown). I never thought NanoDroid would become this huge.

Thanks a lot for your ongoing support!
    Hi everyone,

I know I've been inactive for about 2 or 3 months here.

Those who follow the git repository might already know that some groundbreaking work was going on since beginning of August.

A new beta release 22.6.91 (= 22.7-beta2) will drop this weekend. What's to expect:

- full support for Android 10 (many issues resolved)
    - full support for Android 10 **if deodexed** in the Patcher
    - flashing all Packages (except the Uninstaller, needs a few changes, still) through Magisk Manager, this includes the Patcher aswell (yes, yes!)
    - more. See ChangeLog.md for the full list.

I won't go into reading the past 10+ pages, if there are any unresolved issues or questions, feel free to post them again (or in case of issues even better: create a ticket over at gitlab, with logs included).