[MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 23.1.2.20210117 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps)

Search This thread

andy356

Jul 5, 2016
@Setialpha There's this app on F-Droid that got an update very recently: Local GSM Location - A local cell tower based back (UnifiedNlp location provider (local GSM database)) - https://f-droid.org/packages/org.fitchfamily.android.gsmlocation

Should it be included? Deja Vu was last updated a year ago. I don't know if that matters.

Also, how about a point release for the Newpipe and SmartPack changes?

Lastly, thank you for removing XDA Labs.

kurtn

@Setialpha There's this app on F-Droid that got an update very recently: Local GSM Location - A local cell tower based back (UnifiedNlp location provider (local GSM database)) - https://f-droid.org/packages/org.fitchfamily.android.gsmlocation

Should it be included? Deja Vu was last updated a year ago. I don't know if that matters.

Also, how about a point release for the Newpipe and SmartPack changes?

Lastly, thank you for removing XDA Labs.
There is no need to get an nanodroid update for each change in available back ends or apps. They have the same functionality, if installed or updated from f-droid.

andy356

Jul 5, 2016
There is no need to get an nanodroid update for each change in available back ends or apps. They have the same functionality, if installed or updated from f-droid.
This app isn't present in NanoDroid right now. I'm offering it up for consideration for inclusion. This is a different app which might/might not have better functionality than the existing Deja Vu backend's mobile tower location.

kurtn

This app isn't present in NanoDroid right now. I'm offering it up for consideration for inclusion. This is a different app which might/might not have better functionality than the existing Deja Vu backend's mobile tower location.
Read the list of back ends in https://github.com/microg/UnifiedNlp/blob/master/README.md . Each has different privacy and precision properties. There is no "better functionality" that fit's all. Please feel free to install whatever you like from f-droid and enable it in microG settings.

IronSingh

Nov 2, 2010
Kuwait
Xiaomi Mi 11
I read a little, tried to search but xda search is broken for me. .

I have a fresh install on LOS 18.1
only rooted magisk, installed busy box, and nanodroid full package.

I signed in and am trying to get google play store to work. There is no play store am I supposed to use Aurora Store signed in?

In micro G I enabled everything but I can't enable locations. When I click on location modules the app closes without error.

I tried to install dejavu and unified nlp from f droid but it shows installed.

Thanks for any help.

Jord Dan

Dec 27, 2020
Despite the documentation stating the Nanodroid Patcher works on Android 11 as a Magisk module, I receive an error that versions above 10 are not supported when attempting to patch in signature spoofing. Is a snapshot build required for this functionality, or is there a different workaround?

I am using Lineage 18.1, Magisk 21.1 with Manager 8.0.3, and Nanodroid-patcher 23.0.1.20201029. I have not manually deodexed my ROM, as the readme states this can be skipped if services.jar contains the file classes.dex.

Last edited:

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
I read a little, tried to search but xda search is broken for me. .

I have a fresh install on LOS 18.1
only rooted magisk, installed busy box, and nanodroid full package.

I signed in and am trying to get google play store to work. There is no play store am I supposed to use Aurora Store signed in?

In micro G I enabled everything but I can't enable locations. When I click on location modules the app closes without error.

I tried to install dejavu and unified nlp from f droid but it shows installed.

Thanks for any help.

Does your rom supports signature spoofing ?
If not (very likely), it could become a hard way to manage that because the nanodroid patcher imho didn't support android versions > 10 until now ..

If your rom supports signature spoofing (imho there isn't any LOS 4 MicroG 18.1 available), what does the microg self check screen look like ?

Jord Dan

Dec 27, 2020
Despite the documentation stating the Nanodroid Patcher works on Android 11 as a Magisk module, I receive an error that versions above 10 are not supported when attempting to patch in signature spoofing. Is a snapshot build required for this functionality, or is there a different workaround?

I am using Lineage 18.1, Magisk 21.1 with Manager 8.0.3, and Nanodroid-patcher 23.0.1.20201029. I have not manually deodexed my ROM, as the readme states this can be skipped if services.jar contains the file classes.dex.

I have since built a snapshot Framework Patcher and attempted to flash it via Magisk. However, I received the following error:
Code:
Error preloading public library libandroid.so: dlopen failed: library "libstatssocket.so" not found: needed by /system/lib64/libandroid_runtime.so in namespace system
Aborted

How can this be fixed? I have attached the relevant Magisk log and can provide further information if needed.

Attachments

• magisk_install_log_2020-12-27T16_39_04Z.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 5

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
I have since built a snapshot Framework Patcher and attempted to flash it via Magisk. However, I received the following error:
Code:
Error preloading public library libandroid.so: dlopen failed: library "libstatssocket.so" not found: needed by /system/lib64/libandroid_runtime.so in namespace system
Aborted

How can this be fixed? I have attached the relevant Magisk log and can provide further information if needed.
Check https://gitlab.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid/-/issues/169#note_471239114
and post https://xdaforums.com/t/module-syst...do-debloat-f-droid-apps.3584928/post-84088919

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
For all custom build in NanoDroid (GNU Bash, MPV, SQLite 3*, Play Store*), I've setup a new git repository as central starting point to check what's up or to create your own builds:

* just linked, reside in their own repos, for reasons

Feel free to have a look.

Marcyvee

Oct 9, 2015
I know that is a stupid question.... Anyway, is there a way to use Google discover without play services?

Nov 4, 2018
Hi.
I installed NanoDroid latest stable version as a Magisk module (by what I understood, doing this is auto mounts the installed apps as system apps) with default settings.
Is there an easy way for me to remove some apps, or do I need to edit the installer and do it again (actually, can I run the installer again through Magisk or will I screw everything up?).

Sep 14, 2017
I finally got android11 spoof working on AOSP11 AndroidStudio (+Magisk) via AVD, with working microG. @kurtn @daywalk3r666 @qane , if you have
adb pull /system/framework/services.jar (with classes.dex into but without classes3.dex) and know how to recover bootloops, check use of Linux java -jar dexpatcher-1.8.0-beta1.jar -a 11 -M -v -d -o ./ services.jar 11-hook-services.jar.dex 11core-services.jar.dex with latest https://github.com/DexPatcher/dexpatcher-tool/releases.

Once done, repack 4x classes_.dex in services.jar to a Magisk systemless module, with Setialpha org.spoofing.apk in /system/framework.

Caution: core_ & hook_ were build straight from aosp11, not Lineage like previous ones: https://gitlab.com/oF2pks/haystack/-/commit/746d92faaf865cc39bad7ba25a3fb79fea8fed05

EDIT2: GPLv3 android11 gen sources: https://gitlab.com/oF2pks/haystack/-/tree/11-attempt

EDIT: sha256sum
b15402f43375bf2b04b5427be7475b3306d2df5f1b62cb6762b81d0a099f3f55 11core-services.jar.dex
b823d52df08979b278c758ea32d4e312797056cbaa21a3f4a1b45ff451c57937 11-hook-services.jar.dex

This is awesome work, is it possible to make it a flashable zip for noobs like me?
I would even try what you did, but I would need more detailed instructions :O
I know noobs like me are a pain in the ass but anyway I try asking. It would be epic if spoofing would work on lineage 18.1.

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
Hi.
I installed NanoDroid latest stable version as a Magisk module (by what I understood, doing this is auto mounts the installed apps as system apps) with default settings.
Is there an easy way for me to remove some apps, or do I need to edit the installer and do it again (actually, can I run the installer again through Magisk or will I screw everything up?).

You can simply adjust the setup, flash again (throgh MM) and reboot.

Draygon

Jul 11, 2011
Is it possible to flash the Patched Playstore version to a locked bootloader OS (Like GrapheneOS or CalyxOS)?

This would be awesome, really would like to use it with the integrated MicroG of CalyxOS.

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
Is it possible to flash the Patched Playstore version to a locked bootloader OS (Like GrapheneOS or CalyxOS)?

This would be awesome, really would like to use it with the integrated MicroG of CalyxOS.

You still need some way of installing something to /system directly, so if you have TWRP installed or did install Magisk before the bootloader was re-locked (if it was re-locked), it should be possible.

If you have root access to the device at all, you can also install it manually to /system like described here:

Setialpha

Jul 24, 2011
Nürnberg
www.nanolx.org
OnePlus 7T
Hi all,

NanoDroid 23.1 Codename Ni'Var is now available. This release includes many internal improvements, aswell as several bugfixes. Not all issues in regards of device compatibility have yet been resolved.

I do now have a secondary device again so more intense Android 11 testing will be forthcoming.

Full ChangeLog since version 23.0.1:

Code:
NOTE: There's now a git repository as central place/navigational point for all custom builds from NanoDroid:

* https://gitlab.com/Nanolx/nanodroid-patches

## Bug Fixes

* Installer, Addon
  * read configuration files from `/system/addon.d` (fallback if TWRP can't mount `/data`)
  * read configuration files from `/tmp` (fallback if TWRP can't mount `/data`)

* Uninstaller
  * make use of bundled `busybox` at all

* CommonInstaller, Uninstaller, SysTest, Patcher
  * setup bundled `busybox` before mounting partitions
     * should fix segmentation faults reported on Sammy devices

* Full, microG packages
  * fix that (in Magisk Mode) GmsCore was not automatically ensured to be a user app

## General Changes

* CommonInstaller
  * resturctured, consolidated and cleaned-up code

* Addon
  * simplify addon.d and remove unused functions

* NanoDroid-Overlay
  * read configuration files from `/system/addon.d` (fallback if TWRP can't mount `/data`)
  * read configuration files from `/tmp` (fallback if TWRP can't mount `/data`)

* NanoDroid-Util
  * add `-R`, `--reset-permissions` switch

* Full package
  * move from `Blokada` v4 to v5
  * no longer ship `XDA Labs`
  * grab `NewPipe` from NewPipe repo instead of F-Droid
     * F-Droid build is outdated
  * grab `SmartPack Kernel Manager` from F-Droid instead of Github

* Full, microG package
  * add `android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS` to default granted microG permissions @Vavun
  * merge sysconfig changes for Android 11 from experimental OpenGApps

* Full, F-Droid package
  * add `NewPipe` repo to F-Droid's `additional_repos.xml` @Vavun

* Documentation
  * re-structure and update Issues section
  * minor updates

### Updates

* automatic
  * microG GmsCore (0.2.16.204713)
  * Amaze (3.5.2)
  * Blokada (5.6.0)
  * Bromite System WebView (87.0.4280.131)
  * F-Droid (1.11)
  * FreeOTP+ (2.2.13)
  * KeePassDX (2.9.8)
  * NewPipe (0.20.8)
  * Open Camera (1.48.3)
  * OpenLauncher (0.7.4)
  * OSM Android (3.8.5)
  * Privacy Browser (3.6.1)
  * QKSMS (3.9.0)
  * Simple Calendar (6.11.3)
  * Simple Gallery (6.18.1)
  * SmartPack-KernelManager (15.4)
  * Termux (0.104)
  * Tor Browser (10.0.07)
  * Twidere (4.1.6)

* manual
  * GNU Bash (5.1.0[4]-2 w/ Debian patches)
  * SQLite3 (3.34.0
  * MPV (20210104-nightly)

Download links

Download from Nanolx.

In case of errors, please provide
  • when installing from TWRP
    • /data/media/0/nanodroid_logs/MODID_log_INSTALLDATE
    • /data/media/0/nanodroid_logs/MODID_twrp_INSTALLDATE
    • /tmp/recovery.log
  • when installing from Magisk Manager
    • /data/media/0/nanodroid_logs/MODID_log_INSTALLDATE
    • press the save icon and post the Magisk Manager created logfile aswell
  • SysTest package logfile
  • logcat (if applicable)

ranton1990

Jan 9, 2021
I am using Nanodroid in Magisk mode. As i understand from the readme, i have to reflash the newest zip to upgrade nanodroid. Do i have to reedit the .nanodroid-setup file to match my liking? Or does the upgrade somehow recognize my last settings? Thanks a lot!

kurtn

I am using Nanodroid in Magisk mode. As i understand from the readme, i have to reflash the newest zip to upgrade nanodroid. Do i have to reedit the .nanodroid-setup file to match my liking? Or does the upgrade somehow recognize my last settings? Thanks a lot!
If your current installation works satisfying and you only whish to update the installed apps, I propose, to not flash nanodroid, but update with f-droid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NanoDroid

NanoDroid is a installer for various OpenSource related things, most noticably microG and F-Droid. It supports direct /system installation, both devices with or without A/B partition scheme, aswell as Magisk Mode (module) installation. It also includes several tools (eg. GNU Bash, shell utilities, more), scripts, fonts, sounds and additional features (system debloating, init scripts, automatic logcat creation), aswell as a companion F-Droid Repository.

Furthermore it allows the user to do fine-graded installations using configuration files, which allow to choose what to install, or if several alternatives are available, which of them, see "Alter Installation" in the full documentation (link at the end of this post).

In order for full microG experience NanoDroid contains a modified Play Store which allows (in-)app-purchases with microG, which would normally not be possible. It also tries to remove all previously installed GApps on it's own. For ROMs without builtin signature spoofing support NanoDroid includes an on-device Patcher which tries to patch your ROM from TWRP.

Versions until 15.1 were called NanoMod, starting with 16.0 they're called NanoDroid.

NanoDroid does now have a companion F-Droid Repository for easy updates of Play Store (patched with (in-)app-purchase support) and MPV builds Repository Info-Page

Current Release

Stable: 23.1.1.20210117 "BusyCompat"
    Beta: --- (---)

Supported Android Versions

NanoDroid officially supports the following Android versions:

• 4.4 / SDK 19 (KitKat)
      • System Mode only (Magisk does not support KitKat)
    • 5.0 / SDK 21 (Lollipop)
    • 5.1 / SDK 22 (Lollipop)
    • 6.0 / SDK 23 (Marshmallow)
    • 7.0 / SDK 24 (Nougat)
    • 7.1 / SDK 25 (Nougat)
    • 8.0 / SDK 26 (Oreo)
    • 8.1 / SDK 27 (Oreo)
    • 9.0 / SDK 28 (Pie)
    • 10.0 / SDK 29
    • 11.0 / SDK 30 (R)
      • Patcher does not work from TWRP
      • Patcher works from Magisk if your ROM's services.jar already contains classes.dex
      • Deodex Instructions
    earlier versions will never officially be supported (you may still report bugs, though).

Future versions will be officially supported, eventually.

Summary

NanoDroid can be installed as a Magisk Module or directly to /system, though a bit functionality is only available with Magisk. It must be installed from TWRP!

NanoDroid includes

• microG and it's companions
      • on-device framework-patcher for microG support (signature spoofing)
    • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
      • modified Play Store to allow (in-)app-purchases with Magisk
        • alternatively Aurora Store can be installed instead
    • custom init scripts
    • pseudo-debloat feature
    • several Open Source applications
      • include replacements for the pseudo-debloated applications
      • full list of included applications
    Packages

Magisk Modules

Module packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid: includes
      • everything mentioned in the Summary
    • NanoDroid-microG: includes
      • microG and it's companions
      • GNU Bash
      • pseudo-debloat feature
      • app stores
    • NanoDroid-fdroid: includes
      • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
    • NanoDroid-BromiteWebView: includes
      • Bromite WebView
    • NanoDroid-OsmAnd: includes
      • OpenStreetMap for Android (OsmAnd+)

Extras

Extra packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid-pacher: includes
      • on-device framework-patcher (signature spoofing support)
    • NanoDroid-systest: includes
      • System Test script which generates a log to aid issue reporting
    • NanoDroid-uninstaller: includes
      • uninstalls all NanoMod/NanoDroid Magisk Modules
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid installed in System Mode
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid-Patcher addon.d environment

The GitLab repository contains the full documentation with infos about

• more detailed info what's included
    • detailed installation instructions
    • setup instructions for microG
    • list of known Issues (and fixes/workarounds)
    • more
    >> Full Documentation
    I never had a look about how much users NanoDroid might have gotten meanwhile, but I checked the stats, just for fun. So, if you wanna know, I'm leaving this here.

Just to make it clear: no personal information is stored, only basic stuff, like country of origin, Browser agent or what has been accessed, no tracking or profiling.

All values from May 1st to May 24th, for HTTPS access only (HTTP access to my site is down to less than 5 %, so I didn't bother).

NanoDroid (Zips):
    - Full/Stable: ~29.300 (!!)
    - Full/Beta: ~500
    - microG/Stable: ~16.500 (!!)
    - microG/Beta: ~1.000

NanoDroid F-Droid repo:
    - F-Droid repo update checks: ~88.000
    - custom GmsCore installs: ~4.000
    - patched Play Store installs: ~3.500
    - unofficial MPV build installs: ~1.350

Access by country (Zips):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 52 %
    - Germany 5 %
    - Brazil 4 %

Access by country (F-Droid):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 30 %
    - Germany 11 %
    - Russia 4 %

Top referers:
    - XDA
    - Miui Browser 'Hot'
    - 4PDA

OMG, I'm working on a project which attracts more than 45.000 users (active users of course unknown). I never thought NanoDroid would become this huge.

Thanks a lot for your ongoing support!
    Hi everyone,

I know I've been inactive for about 2 or 3 months here.

Those who follow the git repository might already know that some groundbreaking work was going on since beginning of August.

A new beta release 22.6.91 (= 22.7-beta2) will drop this weekend. What's to expect:

- full support for Android 10 (many issues resolved)
    - full support for Android 10 **if deodexed** in the Patcher
    - flashing all Packages (except the Uninstaller, needs a few changes, still) through Magisk Manager, this includes the Patcher aswell (yes, yes!)
    - more. See ChangeLog.md for the full list.

I won't go into reading the past 10+ pages, if there are any unresolved issues or questions, feel free to post them again (or in case of issues even better: create a ticket over at gitlab, with logs included).