[MODULE/SYSTEM] NanoDroid 23.1.2.20210117 (microG, pseudo-debloat, F-Droid + apps)

Search This thread

kurtn

Hello there,

as I installed LOS18 today on an Redmi 4x (santoni) together with Magisk (no GApps), I opted to install this Nanodroid-package via Magisk directly afterwards:

After reboot I found several apps being installed, which do not belong to LOS: e.g. Frost (Facebook Interface App)

As I do not use FB at all, I would like to uninstall Frost. However swiping the app symbol upwards to the top area the uninstall option does not appear.

Also in F-Droid - the app is listed as installed - no option for uninstall in the "managing apps section" is available.

What is the intended way to delete unwanted apps that come apparently with that NanoDroid package (now I also have 2 apps for: camera, calendar, SMS,...)?

Thanks.

cu,
einnarr
MicroG will not work correctly anyway with your method. You can uninstall the magisk module.
If you really want to learn about microG, try this:

Apex Predator

Oct 15, 2011
Hello there,

as I installed LOS18 today on an Redmi 4x (santoni) together with Magisk (no GApps), I opted to install this Nanodroid-package via Magisk directly afterwards:

After reboot I found several apps being installed, which do not belong to LOS: e.g. Frost (Facebook Interface App)

As I do not use FB at all, I would like to uninstall Frost. However swiping the app symbol upwards to the top area the uninstall option does not appear.

Also in F-Droid - the app is listed as installed - no option for uninstall in the "managing apps section" is available.

What is the intended way to delete unwanted apps that come apparently with that NanoDroid package (now I also have 2 apps for: camera, calendar, SMS,...)?

Thanks.

cu,
einnarr
You need to reinstall nanodroid and use (and edit) the config files. Please refer to the documentation.

If you don't want any apps at all, the best way is to edit the .nanodroid-setup file and make sure this line is correct: nanodroid_apps=0

If you do maybe want some apps, here is an example of the .nanodroid-apps file. Apps with # next to them will not be installed.

Please note, these will be installed as system apps. That is why you're having trouble removing them. Easiest way as I said is just to reinstall ND.

##########################################################################################
#
# NanoDroid-Apps configuration file
#
# All applications listed here will be installed
#
# Fileformat:
# - one app per line
# - name must be *exactly* (case sensitive!) like given in the NanoDroid documentation
# - see: https://gitlab.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid/-/blob/master/doc/Applications.md
# - commented out lines (starting with #) will be ignored
#
##########################################################################################

# Alarmio
# Amaze
# AnysoftKeyboard
# Blokada
# FreeOTPPlus
# Frost
# HackersKeyboard
K9Mail
# KeePassDX
# MPV
# NewPipe
# OAndBackupX
# Odyssey
OpenCamera
# OpenKeyChain
# OpenLauncher
# OpenVPN
# PrivacyBrowser
# QKSMS
SimpleCalendar
SimpleGallery
SmartPackKernelManager
# Termux
# TorBrowser
# Twidere
Warden
XDALabs

Last edited:

einnarr

Jan 26, 2021
Hello kurtn,

knew about that link already, however there only LOS16 is available :-(

I prefer staying on the current LOS18 builds here:

To my understanding installing microG via NanoDroid through Magisk is the one way to get it actually working, as NanoDroid is "paving the way" for microG requirements.

What am I missing here?

cu,
einnarr

kurtn

Hello kurtn,

knew about that link already, however there only LOS16 is available :-(

I prefer staying on the current LOS18 builds here:

To my understanding installing microG via NanoDroid through Magisk is the one way to get it actually working, as NanoDroid is "paving the way" for microG requirements.

What am I missing here?

cu,
einnarr
I don't know anything about the file you linked. But from the size i guess it is lineageOS without GApps. Thats good. Try to run it without GApps or microG first to see what's missing and how stable it is.
For microG you need signature spoofing. Is it built in?
Next you need some microG and companion apps. Here comes nanodroid or any other flashable installer. They are necessary, because for some features microG has to be a system app.

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

einnarr

Jan 26, 2021
Hello kurtn,

those builds are pure LOS18 w/o GApps. No signature spoofing available therefore.

So far I flashed LOS18 with Magisk 23. Then running NanoDroid to get microG correctly in as system app. Guess this should be fine. Will test later.

My original post was just due to the additional apps turning up, which I did not expect (overlooked this fact) as I did not realize this regarding the info from NanoDroid website in the portion "summary" does not inform about these.

Will get back here when I can feedback whether microG it works or not.

cu,
einnarr

Reactions: kurtn

einnarr

Jan 26, 2021
Ok, so I reinstalled LOS18, Magisk 23 and NanoDroid without apps an all went fine so far.

Now opening microG I see, that the LOS18-has no integrated support for signature spoofing. I thought this would be handled by the installation via NanoDroid? Where do I misunderstand the procedure?

As I only want to run some specific apps (electric car charging service: enbw mobility+ / wattfinder) dld via Aurora, I am not sure if I require sig-spoofing at all.

The apps install fine, but when opening up no map information is visible and both give the message, that "Required Google Play Services are not available on your phone".

Any hint on how I can proceed here?

Thx,
einnarr

kurtn

Ok, so I reinstalled LOS18, Magisk 23 and NanoDroid without apps an all went fine so far.

Now opening microG I see, that the LOS18-has no integrated support for signature spoofing. I thought this would be handled by the installation via NanoDroid? Where do I misunderstand the procedure?

As I only want to run some specific apps (electric car charging service: enbw mobility+ / wattfinder) dld via Aurora, I am not sure if I require sig-spoofing at all.

The apps install fine, but when opening up no map information is visible and both give the message, that "Required Google Play Services are not available on your phone".

Any hint on how I can proceed here?

Thx,
einnarr
Install lineage.microg.org . Official lineageOS has no signature spoofing and nanodroid can't patch android 11.

MicroG has the mapbox component. That is able to replace Google's map display in some apps. You have to try.

P.S.: you can try other methods to get signature spoofing on android 11 like patching services.jar or xposed module fakegapps or crDroid https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-10-0-11-0-crdroidandroid-6-x-7-x-santoni-stable.4176461/unread

Last edited:

einnarr

Jan 26, 2021
Install lineage.microg.org .
Unfortuately they are stuck at LOS16 for santoni :-(

Official lineageOS has no signature spoofing and nanodroid can't patch android 11.
Ok - this I overlooked and thought NanoDroid could handle the LOS18 ROM and patch it. Any idea if this will be possible in the near future?

P.S.: you can try other methods to get signature spoofing on android 11 like patching services.jar or xposed module fakegapps or crDroid https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-10-0-11-0-crdroidandroid-6-x-7-x-santoni-stable.4176461/unread
Looked shortly into patching services.jar - handling that is too much for me :-(

Never did anything with xposed so far - will have a look into it.

As jabiyeff is doing the LOS18 I use and the mentioned crDroid ROM - maybe I will look into this way. Would have preferred to stay on plain LOS though :-(

Thanks anyway for the guidance.

cu,
einnarr

Last edited:
Reactions: kurtn

Froyris

Nov 11, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A40
Hi. I ve a Samsung A40 on crDroid ROM (7.7 [ROM/A11] VANILLA OFFICIAL [ARM64][A40-SM405FN]) with flamegapps installed. I installed nanodroid with magisk and reboot. Everything goes fine, I can enable all the stuff in microG and everyting looks fine. But when I reboot again I got a "google play services keeps stopping" and the icon of the microG parameters disapeared. I ve tried re installing it, installing microG coreAPK to get the last version etc. Same. Works fine after first reboot, go back the google play services after second reboot. Any help welcome.

kurtn

Hi. I ve a Samsung A40 on crDroid ROM (7.7 [ROM/A11] VANILLA OFFICIAL [ARM64][A40-SM405FN]) with flamegapps installed. I installed nanodroid with magisk and reboot. Everything goes fine, I can enable all the stuff in microG and everyting looks fine. But when I reboot again I got a "google play services keeps stopping" and the icon of the microG parameters disapeared. I ve tried re installing it, installing microG coreAPK to get the last version etc. Same. Works fine after first reboot, go back the google play services after second reboot. Any help welcome.
I would try a clean installation. Wipe system and data. Flash crDroid. Boot and make sure there is no GApps

Froyris

Nov 11, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A40
I would try a clean installation. Wipe system and data. Flash crDroid. Boot and make sure there is no GApps
Thnaks for the quick answer. Wanted to avoid a factory reset but seems the easiet and cleanest; you re right. Done. seems to work. MigroG settings stays visible after reboot, no google play services notifcation (logical, indeed). In self check in microG setting I can tick all the boxes except "permission to access location in the background". don't know if mandatory or not.

kurtn

Thnaks for the quick answer. Wanted to avoid a factory reset but seems the easiet and cleanest; you re right. Done. seems to work. MigroG settings stays visible after reboot, no google play services notifcation (logical, indeed). In self check in microG setting I can tick all the boxes except "permission to access location in the background". don't know if mandatory or not.
Depends on what location based services you use. Normal sattelite based geolocation (gps) works independently

Froyris

Nov 11, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A40
Managed to tick all the boxes after a an update of microg from F droid. Looks good. GPS does not work on Osmand or others, will try to look for a solution. Thanks again!

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Update again gmscore:
Maybe these definitely important news on such updates are better suited in the dedicated thread?
Just advise if you like your post moved to there!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

frank@

Jan 2, 2011
Hi,
is nanodroid not maintained anymore ?
no more updates since beginning of 2021
I used installer for bromite webview, this package had renamed now and updates do not work anymore :-(
Any chance of an nanodroid update?

bye, Frank

kurtn

Hi,
is nanodroid not maintained anymore ?
no more updates since beginning of 2021
I used installer for bromite webview, this package had renamed now and updates do not work anymore :-(
Any chance of an nanodroid update?

bye, Frank

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NanoDroid

NanoDroid is a installer for various OpenSource related things, most noticably microG and F-Droid. It supports direct /system installation, both devices with or without A/B partition scheme, aswell as Magisk Mode (module) installation. It also includes several tools (eg. GNU Bash, shell utilities, more), scripts, fonts, sounds and additional features (system debloating, init scripts, automatic logcat creation), aswell as a companion F-Droid Repository.

Furthermore it allows the user to do fine-graded installations using configuration files, which allow to choose what to install, or if several alternatives are available, which of them, see "Alter Installation" in the full documentation (link at the end of this post).

In order for full microG experience NanoDroid contains a modified Play Store which allows (in-)app-purchases with microG, which would normally not be possible. It also tries to remove all previously installed GApps on it's own. For ROMs without builtin signature spoofing support NanoDroid includes an on-device Patcher which tries to patch your ROM from TWRP.

Versions until 15.1 were called NanoMod, starting with 16.0 they're called NanoDroid.

NanoDroid does now have a companion F-Droid Repository for easy updates of Play Store (patched with (in-)app-purchase support) and MPV builds Repository Info-Page

Current Release

Stable: 23.1.1.20210117 "BusyCompat"
    Beta: --- (---)

Supported Android Versions

NanoDroid officially supports the following Android versions:

• 4.4 / SDK 19 (KitKat)
      • System Mode only (Magisk does not support KitKat)
    • 5.0 / SDK 21 (Lollipop)
    • 5.1 / SDK 22 (Lollipop)
    • 6.0 / SDK 23 (Marshmallow)
    • 7.0 / SDK 24 (Nougat)
    • 7.1 / SDK 25 (Nougat)
    • 8.0 / SDK 26 (Oreo)
    • 8.1 / SDK 27 (Oreo)
    • 9.0 / SDK 28 (Pie)
    • 10.0 / SDK 29
    • 11.0 / SDK 30 (R)
      • Patcher does not work from TWRP
      • Patcher works from Magisk if your ROM's services.jar already contains classes.dex
      • Deodex Instructions
    earlier versions will never officially be supported (you may still report bugs, though).

Future versions will be officially supported, eventually.

Summary

NanoDroid can be installed as a Magisk Module or directly to /system, though a bit functionality is only available with Magisk. It must be installed from TWRP!

NanoDroid includes

• microG and it's companions
      • on-device framework-patcher for microG support (signature spoofing)
    • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
      • modified Play Store to allow (in-)app-purchases with Magisk
        • alternatively Aurora Store can be installed instead
    • custom init scripts
    • pseudo-debloat feature
    • several Open Source applications
      • include replacements for the pseudo-debloated applications
      • full list of included applications
    Packages

Magisk Modules

Module packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid: includes
      • everything mentioned in the Summary
    • NanoDroid-microG: includes
      • microG and it's companions
      • GNU Bash
      • pseudo-debloat feature
      • app stores
    • NanoDroid-fdroid: includes
      • F-Droid and it's privileged extension
    • NanoDroid-BromiteWebView: includes
      • Bromite WebView
    • NanoDroid-OsmAnd: includes
      • OpenStreetMap for Android (OsmAnd+)

Extras

Extra packages, flashing through TWRP recommended, flashing through Magisk Manager possible starting with version 22.6.91 (22.7-beta2).

• NanoDroid-pacher: includes
      • on-device framework-patcher (signature spoofing support)
    • NanoDroid-systest: includes
      • System Test script which generates a log to aid issue reporting
    • NanoDroid-uninstaller: includes
      • uninstalls all NanoMod/NanoDroid Magisk Modules
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid installed in System Mode
      • uninstalls NanoMod/NanoDroid-Patcher addon.d environment

The GitLab repository contains the full documentation with infos about

• more detailed info what's included
    • detailed installation instructions
    • setup instructions for microG
    • list of known Issues (and fixes/workarounds)
    • more
    >> Full Documentation
    I never had a look about how much users NanoDroid might have gotten meanwhile, but I checked the stats, just for fun. So, if you wanna know, I'm leaving this here.

Just to make it clear: no personal information is stored, only basic stuff, like country of origin, Browser agent or what has been accessed, no tracking or profiling.

All values from May 1st to May 24th, for HTTPS access only (HTTP access to my site is down to less than 5 %, so I didn't bother).

NanoDroid (Zips):
    - Full/Stable: ~29.300 (!!)
    - Full/Beta: ~500
    - microG/Stable: ~16.500 (!!)
    - microG/Beta: ~1.000

NanoDroid F-Droid repo:
    - F-Droid repo update checks: ~88.000
    - custom GmsCore installs: ~4.000
    - patched Play Store installs: ~3.500
    - unofficial MPV build installs: ~1.350

Access by country (Zips):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 52 %
    - Germany 5 %
    - Brazil 4 %

Access by country (F-Droid):
    - unknown (unresolved, Tor, VPN, or unknown to statistic software): 30 %
    - Germany 11 %
    - Russia 4 %

Top referers:
    - XDA
    - Miui Browser 'Hot'
    - 4PDA

OMG, I'm working on a project which attracts more than 45.000 users (active users of course unknown). I never thought NanoDroid would become this huge.

Thanks a lot for your ongoing support!
    Hi everyone,

I know I've been inactive for about 2 or 3 months here.

Those who follow the git repository might already know that some groundbreaking work was going on since beginning of August.

A new beta release 22.6.91 (= 22.7-beta2) will drop this weekend. What's to expect:

- full support for Android 10 (many issues resolved)
    - full support for Android 10 **if deodexed** in the Patcher
    - flashing all Packages (except the Uninstaller, needs a few changes, still) through Magisk Manager, this includes the Patcher aswell (yes, yes!)
    - more. See ChangeLog.md for the full list.

I won't go into reading the past 10+ pages, if there are any unresolved issues or questions, feel free to post them again (or in case of issues even better: create a ticket over at gitlab, with logs included).