• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE][Terminal] App Systemizer v17.3.1

Search This thread

Swap_File

Apr 12, 2016
I didn't think of it at the time but it's no longer necessary as the same function can be performed by using Github version of Tasker Settings which targets an older API.
I'm trying to systemize a bluetooth tethering toggle app too, and running into permissions issues. Log cat claims I still don't have "BLUETOOTH_PRIVILEGED", even when I have edited the manifest.

I can't seem to get the Github version of Tasker Settings to work either. Did you do anything special?

amn1987

Nope. It just worked. Unlike USB and WiFi Tether there doesn't seem to be any option for BT Tether in Tasker.
I'm trying to systemize a bluetooth tethering toggle app too, and running into permissions issues. Log cat claims I still don't have "BLUETOOTH_PRIVILEGED", even when I have edited the manifest.

I can't seem to get the Github version of Tasker Settings to work either. Did you do anything special?

Last edited:

Swap_File

Apr 12, 2016
Unfortunately phone seems to be pickier about android privileges.

After much testing, I discovered that all new permissions need to be added prior to systemizing, old apps won't know enough to ask for new permissions, and you can't add more permissions later.

1. Find a BT tethering app you like. This is likely easiest to do on an older android device that isn't picky about privileges.
(like maybe https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pellereau.net.bttetherrestore )
2. Install the app, then save the APK with something like APK Extractor, and then uninstall the app.
3. Use something like APK Editor Pro or APK tool to add "TETHER_PRIVILEGED" and "BLUETOOTH_PRIVILEGED" to the permissions requested inside of AndroidManifest.xml Build and sign a new APK.
4. Don't install the the new APK and convert it to a privileged system app, install the APK directly as a privileged system app using this specific version of systemizer. https://github.com/xeddmc/terminal_systemizer/releases/tag/17.4.1
5. Try to run your app. If it doesn't work, use a logcat reader to see if it's asking for any more permissions, uninstall the app, and then repeat the process.

Reactions: amn1987

Steps Parku

Jun 30, 2014
I cannot get it to load all the installed apps in order to choose the particular app I want to systemize. It loads severally and returns nothing on the screen while asking me to make a choice. Any idea how to fix this ?

Screenshot_20210914-101203.jpg

Jona'san - sama

Apr 13, 2021

Update

17.4.1 works fine without the execution error.. however if i removed the module the systemize app will be a goner also 😔

Do i really need to keep the module, in order for the systemize app works..?

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4

Update

17.4.1 works fine without the execution error.. however if i removed the module the systemize app will be a goner also 😔

Do i really need to keep the module, in order for the systemize app works..?
Yes. The systemized apps are made part of the module. If you remove the module or disable it, they went appear as system apps anymore.

Jona'san - sama

Apr 13, 2021
Yes. The systemized apps are made part of the module. If you remove the module or disable it, they went appear as system apps anymore.
It works but any converted app is keeps on force closed.. tried and tested it many times same result..

It seems the last chance that i have is modified 18.0 but don't know how to fix permission denied yet..

Any idea brother?

Jona'san - sama

Apr 13, 2021
whenever i try to add an app to system/priv app the app crashes
Same case.. did you try also the 3rd option install given apk ?

Update:

Don't use the 3rd option (Install Given Apk).. that's the reason why it keep's force closing.. try to install the app first then converted using option 1 or 2.. i personally used 1 then reboot no more force closed

Info:
App systemizer v17.4.1
Android 11
NusantaraOS

Last edited:

dfight

Nov 18, 2012
Not working

Bro I have same device but my problem is When i want to move an app into system priv app.. it always say App permission execution error ?

Any idea how can i fix ?
I think it's about stock vendor.

But I really know nothing.

Just read other pro guys saying vendor difference.

You may find your answer in telegram.

There are a lot of people online and talk to each other instantly.

Reactions: KreAch3R

jake7901

Feb 23, 2016
Getting weird writing when trying to get a list of applications on my phone.
My phone is a Moto G10 Running Android 11

Attachments

• Screenshot (13 Oct 2021 12 36 10 am).png
    Screenshot (13 Oct 2021 12 36 10 am).png
    76.9 KB · Views: 18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh, I see. Well I incorporated your changes and pushed another commit: https://github.com/KreAch3R/terminal_systemizer/commit/bdcae1ea200f579cfe75999d76158da05216a7ad

I tried systemizing an installed app manually to trigger that part of the code and it worked. I uploaded the new version again.
    v17.4.1 works on 1+ 8T Derpfest 11. Thank you.
    checking status with the revert option:

Screenshot_20210923-080124770.jpg
    [Terminal] App Systemizer

Terminal App Systemizer systemizes Apps systemlessly! This is inspired by App Systemizer​ by stangri. I then decided to make a script/UI in Terminal emulator for it to make 'app systemizing' easier.

How to use:
    • Install from recovery
    • Type su and
      Code:
      systemize
      in Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, -a, -d, refer below)
    • Systemize Chosen App/APK!
    • And reboot to apply changes

OPTIONS:
    ** If you don't want those colors, use -nc.
    Code:
    systemize -nc
    ** To directly systemize (without ui) a given package name/s, use -a
    Code:
    systemize -a com.oasisfeng.greenify org.adaway
    ** To directly systemize (without ui) a given apk/s, use -d
    Code:
    systemize -d /sdcard/example.apk /sdcard/example2.apk

** Uploading logs
    Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that :)
    Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Dowloads are here!
    Github
    Telegram Channel
    Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙
    Sorry wrong line numbers, should be 315 and 559.
    It's basically the same path fix as you did before, I just hardcoded it without if-clause for my personal use.
    I have no time to publish it at the moment, otherwise I had done it already. (and I rarely use my github account at the moment).

Line 315 can be replaced with:
    Code:
      [ $API -lt 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
      [ $API -ge 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/*/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
    and line 559 with:
    Code:
          [ $API -lt 30 ] && app_path="/data/app/${i}-*/base.apk"
          [ $API -ge 30 ] && app_path="/data/app/*/${i}-*/base.apk"
          [ -d $SYSTEM/priv-app ] && systemize /system/priv-app "${app_path}" || systemize /system/app "${app_path}" "$i"

This is not tested, but it should work.

Oh, I see. Well I incorporated your changes and pushed another commit: https://github.com/KreAch3R/terminal_systemizer/commit/bdcae1ea200f579cfe75999d76158da05216a7ad

I tried systemizing an installed app manually to trigger that part of the code and it worked. I uploaded the new version again.

@Anurag1994, great, thanks!
    HERE'S A LITTLE VIDEO ON HOW TO USE IT:

F.A.Q

Q. Why do I need to systemize apps?
    A. Some apps provide extra functionality as a system app (like Greenify, Launchers, etc). And if you just want an app to be a system app for no reason :).

Q. Is A/B Devices (Pixel, Essential, MI A1 etc.) supported?
    A. YES

Q. What's the advantage of using this over the other systemizers?
    A. This one is very light weight (since it's just a script). And it's also very versatile and supports almost all devices.

Q. Something's not right??
    A. Report in this thread...
    When a systemizied app is updated, how do you re-systemize it? Do you just rerun the terminal UI and choose the updated app and reboot? After reboot, does the updated app replace the old one?
    No, it's like when you update a system app from play store, it stays as a system app. ;)
    No need to do anything if it's updated :good: