[MODULE][Terminal] App Systemizer v17.3.1

Search This thread

nptoonix

Sep 10, 2021
Hi, was trying to systemize Google Photos apk and also attempted the already installed one, transfer says successful but another thing says "com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES doesn't exist" Any help? Thanks

Reactions: Unreal_Hawkz

PNGC

Jan 23, 2012
What you want is far beyond the scope of systemizer, it will do step 1, and thats it....

The rest is achievable by creating a magisk module, most of it fairly easy, until you get to Step 4, because the device name is dynamic, so one size wont fit all.

Ive decided to give you a huge headstart (hopefully) because i cant (or dont have the time to) test it, and have created a quick magisk module for you attached to this post. As its a fairly easy (theoretically) one. Most of the work is done, according to the method youve posted and linked to - worth pointing out theres no promise it will work when completed, and i offer exactly zero support.

to complete:

1) unzip the attached magisk module somewhere
2) put the fake GPS joystick apk in the /system/priv-app folder in the magisk module
3)find the system/etc/permissions/privapp-permissions-xxx.xml" (where xxx represents your device name) on your phone and copy to the /system/etc/permissions folder in the magisk module
4) Edit it as described in Step 5 in the post you have posted and linked to
5) zip the magisk module back up and transfer to phone and install via magisk manager, and test

Note: the file permissions for the apk and xml permissions files are taken care of via the set_perm_recursive $MODPATH/system 0 0 0644 line in custimize.sh in the root of the magisk module

You can familiarize yourself with the MMT-EX extended magisk modules format here if yuo like:

Its not terribly hard to make a module, especially one thats relatively simple, hopefully you can figure out from what i did how easy it can be...

All i did was:

1. Downloaded the MMT- Extended Master zip from here: https://github.com/Zackptg5/MMT-Extended
  2. Extracted it
  3. Edited the modules.prop file to name the module and set a few other basics shown in Magisk Manager
  4. Created the folders /etc/permissions under the modules /system directory
  5. Created the first permissions xml file under /system/etc/permissions (because thats where you want it to end up - make sense?)
  6. Created the folder /priv-app under the modules /system directory (placeholder for you to put apk into, again this where you want the apk to end up)
  7. Edited the customize.sh file in the module root folder to add $MODPATH/system 0 0 0644 line
  8. Zipped module
Note: obviously if the module works, there no need to use the systemizer module for the application as its placement will be handled within the module itself
I was so hopeful for this one, but when I zipped it back up and went to install it, I got an unzip error in Magisk... RIP, but thank you for your work

PNGC

Jan 23, 2012
What you want is far beyond the scope of systemizer, it will do step 1, and thats it....

The rest is achievable by creating a magisk module, most of it fairly easy, until you get to Step 4, because the device name is dynamic, so one size wont fit all.

Ive decided to give you a huge headstart (hopefully) because i cant (or dont have the time to) test it, and have created a quick magisk module for you attached to this post. As its a fairly easy (theoretically) one. Most of the work is done, according to the method youve posted and linked to - worth pointing out theres no promise it will work when completed, and i offer exactly zero support.

to complete:

1) unzip the attached magisk module somewhere
2) put the fake GPS joystick apk in the /system/priv-app folder in the magisk module
3)find the system/etc/permissions/privapp-permissions-xxx.xml" (where xxx represents your device name) on your phone and copy to the /system/etc/permissions folder in the magisk module
4) Edit it as described in Step 5 in the post you have posted and linked to
5) zip the magisk module back up and transfer to phone and install via magisk manager, and test

Note: the file permissions for the apk and xml permissions files are taken care of via the set_perm_recursive $MODPATH/system 0 0 0644 line in custimize.sh in the root of the magisk module

You can familiarize yourself with the MMT-EX extended magisk modules format here if yuo like:

Its not terribly hard to make a module, especially one thats relatively simple, hopefully you can figure out from what i did how easy it can be...

All i did was:

1. Downloaded the MMT- Extended Master zip from here: https://github.com/Zackptg5/MMT-Extended
  2. Extracted it
  3. Edited the modules.prop file to name the module and set a few other basics shown in Magisk Manager
  4. Created the folders /etc/permissions under the modules /system directory
  5. Created the first permissions xml file under /system/etc/permissions (because thats where you want it to end up - make sense?)
  6. Created the folder /priv-app under the modules /system directory (placeholder for you to put apk into, again this where you want the apk to end up)
  7. Edited the customize.sh file in the module root folder to add $MODPATH/system 0 0 0644 line
  8. Zipped module
Note: obviously if the module works, there no need to use the systemizer module for the application as its placement will be handled within the module itself
Actually, this model worked in terms of installing the app, but... the permissions must be wrong or something, since the app is still showing the system mode as greyed out. :(

Hi, was trying to systemize Google Photos apk and also attempted the already installed one, transfer says successful but another thing says "com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES doesn't exist" Any help? Thanks
Hey could u convert google photos app into system app? have u tried opengapps aroma installer which lets u select which gapps package to include/exclude using a GUI in twrp?

ale82to

Apr 7, 2014
thank you for this useful mod! just a curiosity can app sysyemizer module be Uninstalled after sistemyzing desidered app?
thanks!

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Mod edit - translated by https://translate.google.com/:
can you give me the version for android 10
bạn có thể cho tôi phiên bản dành cho android 10 được không
@otisqueena

Please note that English is the mandatory language and as courtesy, I've translated your above post. With reference to rule no. 4 of the XDA Forum Rules, please post in English or add at least an English translation to your Vietnamese posts.
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thanks for your cooperation!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
Yes, but if you want to de-systemize the app, you need it. It's a tiny app and will leave it as it is, imo.
Err, no, if you remove the module, your apps will eventually lose system status.
Longer explanation: removing the module will remove the apks from the system partition overlay. Since you already have the apk in /data for the systemization to work, android may not notice at the next reboot, but will eventually at the next full rescan of the apps (trigerred by things like ROM upgrade or clearing the Dalvik cache).
So keep the module until you want to remove system status from the systemized apps.

Pierre49976

Jun 20, 2019
I'd like to systemize UnifiedNlp, which is already installed on my phone, via adb.

What command should I input?

[edit] I've managed to do it, it's ok :)

Last edited:

Efner

Feb 11, 2022
hi, I have a pixel 2 device with android 11.
I have magisk 24.1 installed and the device is rooted.
I have downloaded the terminal_systemizer_v17.4.1 files.
But I don't know how to install them in my device?
Should I copy the files to a specific folder? - should I run the install.sh?
When I am in the folder where the files are, I type the command "systemize" - it cannot be found.
Thanks.

mingaldrichgan

Jan 12, 2011
Google Pixel 4 XL
Screenshot_20220211-103033_Pixel Launcher.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This module is exactly what I need, but it doesn't seem to work... It shows no apps are installed and directly typing in the package name doesn't work either. Here are my logs. Thanks!
    Are you using the version from this post?
    This module is exactly what I need, but it doesn't seem to work... It shows no apps are installed and directly typing in the package name doesn't work either. Here are my logs. Thanks!
    [Terminal] App Systemizer

Terminal App Systemizer systemizes Apps systemlessly! This is inspired by App Systemizer​ by stangri. I then decided to make a script/UI in Terminal emulator for it to make 'app systemizing' easier.

How to use:
    • Install from recovery
    • Type su and
      Code:
      systemize
      in Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, -a, -d, refer below)
    • Systemize Chosen App/APK!
    • And reboot to apply changes

OPTIONS:
    ** If you don't want those colors, use -nc.
    Code:
    systemize -nc
    ** To directly systemize (without ui) a given package name/s, use -a
    Code:
    systemize -a com.oasisfeng.greenify org.adaway
    ** To directly systemize (without ui) a given apk/s, use -d
    Code:
    systemize -d /sdcard/example.apk /sdcard/example2.apk

** Uploading logs
    Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that :)
    Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Dowloads are here!
    Github
    Telegram Channel
    Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙
    Sorry wrong line numbers, should be 315 and 559.
    It's basically the same path fix as you did before, I just hardcoded it without if-clause for my personal use.
    I have no time to publish it at the moment, otherwise I had done it already. (and I rarely use my github account at the moment).

Line 315 can be replaced with:
    Code:
      [ $API -lt 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
      [ $API -ge 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/*/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
    and line 559 with:
    Code:
          [ $API -lt 30 ] && app_path="/data/app/${i}-*/base.apk"
          [ $API -ge 30 ] && app_path="/data/app/*/${i}-*/base.apk"
          [ -d $SYSTEM/priv-app ] && systemize /system/priv-app "${app_path}" || systemize /system/app "${app_path}" "$i"

This is not tested, but it should work.

Oh, I see. Well I incorporated your changes and pushed another commit: https://github.com/KreAch3R/terminal_systemizer/commit/bdcae1ea200f579cfe75999d76158da05216a7ad

I tried systemizing an installed app manually to trigger that part of the code and it worked. I uploaded the new version again.

@Anurag1994, great, thanks!
    HERE'S A LITTLE VIDEO ON HOW TO USE IT:

F.A.Q

Q. Why do I need to systemize apps?
    A. Some apps provide extra functionality as a system app (like Greenify, Launchers, etc). And if you just want an app to be a system app for no reason :).

Q. Is A/B Devices (Pixel, Essential, MI A1 etc.) supported?
    A. YES

Q. What's the advantage of using this over the other systemizers?
    A. This one is very light weight (since it's just a script). And it's also very versatile and supports almost all devices.

Q. Something's not right??
    A. Report in this thread...
    When a systemizied app is updated, how do you re-systemize it? Do you just rerun the terminal UI and choose the updated app and reboot? After reboot, does the updated app replace the old one?
    No, it's like when you update a system app from play store, it stays as a system app. ;)
    No need to do anything if it's updated :good: