[MODULE][Terminal] App Systemizer v17.3.1

Search This thread

Philnicolls89

San4255

Dec 4, 2020
Load apps list bot working in android 11. But system app working with systemize given apk. Plz fix this issue. Module is awesome thanks bro

KreAch3R

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
Discontinuing

Hey guys! I'm planning on abandoning this module. I've been pretty occupied with other stuff right now and can't find time to do these things. I won't update the module anymore. Though anyone is free to update the module (fork). You can still use it as long as it works.

Hello! I think I fixed the Android 11 support, you can find the source commit here: https://github.com/KreAch3R/terminal_systemizer/commit/b05116e456ea0caef75f8789bee5d912cd16fe39

It was basically an one-liner. I tried it on Android 9, 10, 11 and the app listing works on all of them, I didn't try the actual functions as I didn't have time (I only tested if it systemizes in Android 11, and it does).

You can find the magisk module attached, please let me know if it works!

Attachments

• terminal_systemizer_v17.4.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,077

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Hello! I think I fixed the Android 11 support, you can find the source commit here: https://github.com/KreAch3R/terminal_systemizer/commit/b05116e456ea0caef75f8789bee5d912cd16fe39

It was basically an one-liner. I tried it on Android 9, 10, 11 and the app listing works on all of them, I didn't try the actual functions as I didn't have time (I only tested if it systemizes in Android 11, and it does).

I did not test it, because I have a working systemizer on my device, but two hints:
  1. in the api-comparison it should either be -lt in the first one or -le 29, it works anyway but it is a little bit confusing,
  2. there are more places where the path should be fixed (line 350 and line 529) in the original file.

KreAch3R

Nov 15, 2010
I did not test it, because I have a working systemizer on my device, but two hints:
  1. in the api-comparison it should either be -lt in the first one or -le 29, it works anyway but it is a little bit confusing,
  2. there are more places where the path should be fixed (line 350 and line 529) in the original file.

Thanks for the informal review,

1. I know it can also be written differently, I chose to use the original author's coding style (check $use_cmd)
2. I looked at 350: apk_sizeM="$(du -m $dir_app | awk '{print $1}')" and 529: echo "" but these can't be the lines you are referring to. Do you mean that you need more changes for some other functions to also work? If you have also fixed it, do publish it so I'm not re-inventing the wheel

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Thanks for the informal review,

1. I know it can also be written differently, I chose to use the original author's coding style (check $use_cmd)
2. I looked at 350: apk_sizeM="$(du -m $dir_app | awk '{print $1}')" and 529: echo "" but these can't be the lines you are referring to. Do you mean that you need more changes for some other functions to also work? If you have also fixed it, do publish it so I'm not re-inventing the wheel
Sorry wrong line numbers, should be 315 and 559.
It's basically the same path fix as you did before, I just hardcoded it without if-clause for my personal use.
I have no time to publish it at the moment, otherwise I had done it already. (and I rarely use my github account at the moment).

Line 315 can be replaced with:
Code:
  [ $API -lt 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
  [ $API -ge 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/*/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
and line 559 with:
Code:
      [ $API -lt 30 ] && app_path="/data/app/${i}-*/base.apk"
      [ $API -ge 30 ] && app_path="/data/app/*/${i}-*/base.apk"
      [ -d $SYSTEM/priv-app ] && systemize /system/priv-app "${app_path}" || systemize /system/app "${app_path}" "$i"

This is not tested, but it should work.

Anurag1994

Nov 30, 2012
Samsung Galaxy F62

I tried the fixed version, it worked perfectly. Listing and systemizing working flawlessly. Thanks.

Reactions: KreAch3R

KreAch3R

Nov 15, 2010
It's basically the same path fix as you did before, I just hardcoded it without if-clause for my personal use.
I have no time to publish it at the moment, otherwise I had done it already. (and I rarely use my github account at the moment).

Code:
  [ $API -lt 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
  [ $API -ge 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/*/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
and line 559 with:
Code:
      [ -d $SYSTEM/priv-app ] && systemize /system/priv-app "${app_path}" || systemize /system/app "${app_path}" "$i"

Oh, I see. Well I incorporated your changes and pushed another commit: https://github.com/KreAch3R/terminal_systemizer/commit/bdcae1ea200f579cfe75999d76158da05216a7ad

I tried systemizing an installed app manually to trigger that part of the code and it worked. I uploaded the new version again.

@Anurag1994, great, thanks!

Attachments

• terminal_systemizer_v17.4.1.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,943

trekkie923

Jan 10, 2021

Rohirrimp

May 17, 2011
It doesn't list apps anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-112149_Termux.png
    Screenshot_20210123-112149_Termux.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 299

Rohirrimp

May 17, 2011
Did not work for me on a LG G3 d855 Xenon Rom 7.1.1.
Do not show any apps.

Pm results:
===========================
Installed Apps
===========================

Loading Apps...

0 - Exit
[CHOICE]: 0
d855:/ # pm list packges -3
android.os.DeadObjectException: Transaction failed on small parcel; remote process probably died
at android.os.BinderProxy.transactNative(Native Method)
at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Binder.java:615)
at android.os.BinderProxy.shellCommand(Binder.java:662)
at com.android.commands.pm.Pm.runShellCommand(Pm.java:295)
at com.android.commands.pm.Pm.runList(Pm.java:666)
at com.android.commands.pm.Pm.run(Pm.java:130)
at com.android.commands.pm.Pm.main(Pm.java:99)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.nativeFinishInit(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.main(RuntimeInit.java:264)
255|d855:/ #

I am also having this Same Problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Terminal] App Systemizer

Terminal App Systemizer systemizes Apps systemlessly! This is inspired by App Systemizer​ by stangri. I then decided to make a script/UI in Terminal emulator for it to make 'app systemizing' easier.

How to use:
    • Install from recovery
    • Type su and
      Code:
      systemize
      in Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, -a, -d, refer below)
    • Systemize Chosen App/APK!
    • And reboot to apply changes

OPTIONS:
    ** If you don't want those colors, use -nc.
    Code:
    systemize -nc
    ** To directly systemize (without ui) a given package name/s, use -a
    Code:
    systemize -a com.oasisfeng.greenify org.adaway
    ** To directly systemize (without ui) a given apk/s, use -d
    Code:
    systemize -d /sdcard/example.apk /sdcard/example2.apk

** Uploading logs
    Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that :)
    Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Dowloads are here!
    Github
    Telegram Channel
    Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙

Code:
    and line 559 with:
    Code:

Oh, I see. Well I incorporated your changes and pushed another commit: https://github.com/KreAch3R/terminal_systemizer/commit/bdcae1ea200f579cfe75999d76158da05216a7ad

I tried systemizing an installed app manually to trigger that part of the code and it worked. I uploaded the new version again.

@Anurag1994, great, thanks!
    HERE'S A LITTLE VIDEO ON HOW TO USE IT:

F.A.Q

Q. Why do I need to systemize apps?
    A. Some apps provide extra functionality as a system app (like Greenify, Launchers, etc). And if you just want an app to be a system app for no reason :).

Q. Is A/B Devices (Pixel, Essential, MI A1 etc.) supported?
    A. YES

Q. What's the advantage of using this over the other systemizers?
    A. This one is very light weight (since it's just a script). And it's also very versatile and supports almost all devices.

Q. Something's not right??
    A. Report in this thread...
    When a systemizied app is updated, how do you re-systemize it? Do you just rerun the terminal UI and choose the updated app and reboot? After reboot, does the updated app replace the old one?
    No, it's like when you update a system app from play store, it stays as a system app. ;)
    No need to do anything if it's updated :good: