[MODULE][Terminal] App Systemizer v17.3.1

Search This thread

purgy

Is it working for Android 10 (Go) ? I want to systemize an anti-theft app, I did some research and found things are a bit harder for Android 10, If it is really that hard I won't even try due to my lack of knowledge.
If the purpose of systemizing the anti-theft app is to prevent it being deleted by a factory reset, this module won't work, as the app is still in /data.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Reactions: amn1987

virpulli

Apr 7, 2012
Oh, I see. Well I incorporated your changes and pushed another commit: https://github.com/KreAch3R/terminal_systemizer/commit/bdcae1ea200f579cfe75999d76158da05216a7ad

I tried systemizing an installed app manually to trigger that part of the code and it worked. I uploaded the new version again.

@Anurag1994, great, thanks!
Can you upload this zip file to github release? I found your fork from github and spent some time to find this post to download the artifact.

corrigo

Oct 22, 2012
Oh, I see. Well I incorporated your changes and pushed another commit: https://github.com/KreAch3R/terminal_systemizer/commit/bdcae1ea200f579cfe75999d76158da05216a7ad

I tried systemizing an installed app manually to trigger that part of the code and it worked. I uploaded the new version again.

Thank you very much for the update.

My Nokia 6.1 with LOS 18.1 has now Google application in system/priv-app and Voice Match is not more greyed out.

Reactions: KreAch3R

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
Yes you can set them back to regular user apps later if you want to. I usually systemize my Google phone app, my messaging app, my email app and my Google camera apps.
I know that systemizing the phone app gives me the advanced spam filtering and hold features. What would I get if I systemized Google's messaging, email, and camera?

Last edited:

bseosbseos

Aug 3, 2021
I'm reposting the link to my post with the updated A11 systemizer because I got notifications from this thread about A11 not working:

Check that post, get that module.
veez21 if you can link it to the OP, users will find it easier.
Hi mate, would it be too much of a hassle to fix the following issue?

This module systemizes GPS Joystick successfully however it seems to generate incorrect permissions for GPS Joystick so it crashes on launch.

As I'm on a stock Google pixel 4 XL running android 11 the system images are formatted with EXT4_FEATURE_RO_COMPAT_SHARED_BLOCKS. The EXT4 shared blocks feature is RO (read-only) so there is no way I can make the edits as outlined in the instructions attached and linked below.

Would it be possible for systemizer to incorporate these fixes so I wouldn't have to edit permission files?

steps

Instructions also listed here under "Setup" - "root method":
http://gpsjoystick.theappninjas.com/faq/

Reactions: duttyend

KreAch3R

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010

This module systemizes GPS Joystick successfully however it seems to generate incorrect permissions for GPS Joystick so it crashes on launch.

As I'm on a stock Google pixel 4 XL running android 11 the system images are formatted with EXT4_FEATURE_RO_COMPAT_SHARED_BLOCKS. The EXT4 shared blocks feature is RO (read-only) so there is no way I can make the edits as outlined in the instructions attached and linked below.

Would it be possible for systemizer to incorporate these fixes so I wouldn't have to edit permission files?

steps

I'm not the original author, and I don't maintain the module, I just fixed a bug I found.

I don't think systemizer does specific things per app, it's a generic move to /system (I think, I didn't look at the code).

I don't understand why you can't "ediy system files" though. You've got (presumably) a working Magisk. Make a magisk module that adds these files in system

bseosbseos

Aug 3, 2021
I'm not the original author, and I don't maintain the module, I just fixed a bug I found.

I don't think systemizer does specific things per app, it's a generic move to /system (I think, I didn't look at the code).

I don't understand why you can't "ediy system files" though. You've got (presumably) a working Magisk. Make a magisk module that adds these files in system

Having issues with doing it manually, as posted here: https://xdaforums.com/t/script-andr...t-system-read-write-r-w.4247311/post-85446835 and im not too savvy to create a magisk module.

syntheticdingo

Apr 3, 2021
Guys please help. No apps show up when I list them with option 1.
I have tried versions 17.3.1, 17.4.1, 17.3 and 17.2.2. and none of those display any apps. 17.4.1 actually displayed just a microG app, but nothing else. I have busybox from magisk installed if it makes any difference.
I am on crDroid on Redmi Note 10.

Last edited:

bombername

Apr 11, 2015
Ba-Wü
Guys please help. No apps show up when I list them with option 1.
I have tried versions 17.3.1, 17.4.1, 17.3 and 17.2.2. and none of those display any apps. 17.4.1 actually displayed just a microG app, but nothing else. I have busybox from magisk installed if it makes any difference.
I am on crDroid on Redmi Note 10.
Let me guess, you are using Android 11?
So, try this version, it should works.

thanks to @zacho56 , post #1,288

73sydney

Account currently disabled

steps

What you want is far beyond the scope of systemizer, it will do step 1, and thats it....

The rest is achievable by creating a magisk module, most of it fairly easy, until you get to Step 4, because the device name is dynamic, so one size wont fit all.

Ive decided to give you a huge headstart (hopefully) because i cant (or dont have the time to) test it, and have created a quick magisk module for you attached to this post. As its a fairly easy (theoretically) one. Most of the work is done, according to the method youve posted and linked to - worth pointing out theres no promise it will work when completed, and i offer exactly zero support.

to complete:

1) unzip the attached magisk module somewhere
2) put the fake GPS joystick apk in the /system/priv-app folder in the magisk module
3)find the system/etc/permissions/privapp-permissions-xxx.xml" (where xxx represents your device name) on your phone and copy to the /system/etc/permissions folder in the magisk module
4) Edit it as described in Step 5 in the post you have posted and linked to
5) zip the magisk module back up and transfer to phone and install via magisk manager, and test

Note: the file permissions for the apk and xml permissions files are taken care of via the set_perm_recursive $MODPATH/system 0 0 0644 line in custimize.sh in the root of the magisk module

You can familiarize yourself with the MMT-EX extended magisk modules format here if yuo like:

Its not terribly hard to make a module, especially one thats relatively simple, hopefully you can figure out from what i did how easy it can be...

All i did was:

1. Downloaded the MMT- Extended Master zip from here: https://github.com/Zackptg5/MMT-Extended
  2. Extracted it
  3. Edited the modules.prop file to name the module and set a few other basics shown in Magisk Manager
  4. Created the folders /etc/permissions under the modules /system directory
  5. Created the first permissions xml file under /system/etc/permissions (because thats where you want it to end up - make sense?)
  6. Created the folder /priv-app under the modules /system directory (placeholder for you to put apk into, again this where you want the apk to end up)
  7. Edited the customize.sh file in the module root folder to add $MODPATH/system 0 0 0644 line
  8. Zipped module
Note: obviously if the module works, there no need to use the systemizer module for the application as its placement will be handled within the module itself

Attachments

• FakeJoystickGPS.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 113

cmch

Dec 29, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
tried making san1ty cam as system camera app
(poco f1 with pixel experience plus rom)
using termux
errors:
1. list of apps doesn't come up with any options.
2. pm list packages -3 gives me list but when i copy the package name it says, install on system/app or system/priv-app, choosing either of them throws error *base.apk not found.

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
tried making san1ty cam as system camera app
(poco f1 with pixel experience plus rom)
using termux
errors:
1. list of apps doesn't come up with any options.
2. pm list packages -3 gives me list but when i copy the package name it says, install on system/app or system/priv-app, choosing either of them throws error *base.apk not found.
And you didn't read any of that forum, where every other question is about systemizer not working on Android 11.
You need this version, which is not available in the Magisk repo:
I'm reposting the link to my post with the updated A11 systemizer because I got notifications from this thread about A11 not working:

Check that post, get that module.
veez21 if you can link it to the OP, users will find it easier.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone having issues with this app, you need to install terminal_systemizer_v17.4.1.zip from github, not the terminal_systemizer-70.zip that's on sourceforge.
    Thanks, work on miui 14, poco x3gt
    [Terminal] App Systemizer

Terminal App Systemizer systemizes Apps systemlessly! This is inspired by App Systemizer​ by stangri. I then decided to make a script/UI in Terminal emulator for it to make 'app systemizing' easier.

How to use:
    • Install from recovery
    • Type su and
      Code:
      systemize
      in Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, -a, -d, refer below)
    • Systemize Chosen App/APK!
    • And reboot to apply changes

OPTIONS:
    ** If you don't want those colors, use -nc.
    Code:
    systemize -nc
    ** To directly systemize (without ui) a given package name/s, use -a
    Code:
    systemize -a com.oasisfeng.greenify org.adaway
    ** To directly systemize (without ui) a given apk/s, use -d
    Code:
    systemize -d /sdcard/example.apk /sdcard/example2.apk

** Uploading logs
    Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that :)
    Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Dowloads are here!
    Github
    Telegram Channel
    Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙
    Sorry wrong line numbers, should be 315 and 559.
    It's basically the same path fix as you did before, I just hardcoded it without if-clause for my personal use.
    I have no time to publish it at the moment, otherwise I had done it already. (and I rarely use my github account at the moment).

Line 315 can be replaced with:
    Code:
      [ $API -lt 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
      [ $API -ge 30 ] && systemize /system/$installdir /data/app/*/${apklabel}-*/base.apk
    and line 559 with:
    Code:
          [ $API -lt 30 ] && app_path="/data/app/${i}-*/base.apk"
          [ $API -ge 30 ] && app_path="/data/app/*/${i}-*/base.apk"
          [ -d $SYSTEM/priv-app ] && systemize /system/priv-app "${app_path}" || systemize /system/app "${app_path}" "$i"

This is not tested, but it should work.

HERE'S A LITTLE VIDEO ON HOW TO USE IT:

F.A.Q

Q. Why do I need to systemize apps?
    A. Some apps provide extra functionality as a system app (like Greenify, Launchers, etc). And if you just want an app to be a system app for no reason :).

Q. Is A/B Devices (Pixel, Essential, MI A1 etc.) supported?
    A. YES

Q. What's the advantage of using this over the other systemizers?
    A. This one is very light weight (since it's just a script). And it's also very versatile and supports almost all devices.

Q. Something's not right??
    A. Report in this thread...
    When a systemizied app is updated, how do you re-systemize it? Do you just rerun the terminal UI and choose the updated app and reboot? After reboot, does the updated app replace the old one?
    No, it's like when you update a system app from play store, it stays as a system app. ;)
    No need to do anything if it's updated :good: