[MODULE][Terminal] Debloater v17.3.2 - Debloat Systemlessly!

Search This thread

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
[TERMINAL] DEBLOATER

Debloat your phone Systemlessly! Debloating can sometimes be device specific. OEM apps can sometimes be a trash to a user but not to the other. So I decided to make a module to Customize the uninstallation of a system app (in Magisk) with a UI in Terminal emulator. So you can help yourself in uninstalling your own bloat!​
[/SIZE]

How to use:
  1. Flash in a recovery
  2. Go to Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, refer below)
  3. Type su and enter
    Code:
    debloat
    or use the command line for ease of use or other stuff
  4. Select the apps to uninstall (systemless!). But remember that the names of the apps won't be accurate (like Velvet which is actually the Google app) if you have no aapt in your system.

** Use the options
Enter
Code:
debloat -h
and it will be pretty easy to understand.

** How to debloat multiple apps
Enter multiple numbers. That's it.
For example, enter 1 18 25 24 56. That would debloat the apps with the corresponding number in the listed apps shown to you in the menu.

** If you have a blank list of apps, or want to use ADB Shell, use -nc.
Code:
debloat -nc

** Uploading logs
Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that :)
Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Short video guide:

Download here or at Magisk Manager
GitHub
Changelogs
Telegram Channel
Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙

Last edited:

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
F.A.Q

Q. How does this work?
A. To put it simply, debloat is a script magic mounted in /system/bin ($PATH variable) so that it can be executed directly in Terminal Emulator and present you with a "UI" that you can interact with to uninstall System Apps.​

Q. Are the apps frozen or uninstalled?
A. They're uninstalled. To put it simply, the apk files in /system are replaced by a blank file, which basically removes/uninstalls them from /system.​

Q. How does the Reinstall option work?
A. It removes the blank files used to replace to apk files in /system. Which brings the apk back after a reboot. Basically the same thing that happens when you disable/uninstall a Magisk module.
Q. Some kind of error popped out, what do I do?
A. Type logs in the menu then send the link generated or send me these files: /cache/terminal_debloater.log and /cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log ; so I can look for the bug :good:​

Q. I accidentally uninstalled an important system app (e.g. System UI) and got in a bootloop, what do I do?
A. Simple, mount magisk from here. Then delete the app folder of the system app you've uninstalled in /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/app or /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/priv-app then that should undo it ;)

Q. Apps are still in the app drawer after debloating...
A. You can then uninstall them like a normal user app.​

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Nice! One for the repo, I'd say!

Should probably warn the user a bit clearer that the list won't always accurately reflect the name of the app they're looking for... You'll probably get a lot of questions about it anyway (taking into account the average users indisposition towards reading instructions), but still. :)

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Nice! One for the repo, I'd say!

Should probably warn the user a bit clearer that the list won't always accurately reflect the name of the app they're looking for... You'll probably get a lot of questions about it anyway (taking into account the average users indisposition towards reading instructions), but still. :)
Thanks. Should have probably added that from the beginning. :)
I'll submit it to the repo soon ;)

Reactions: vhick

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
@veez21 check lines 99 and 126:
mktouch $MODDIR${app[$(($app))]}/.replace
mktouch $MODDIR${privapp[$((privapp))]}/.replace
There was supposed to be something else in there ( a difference between another variable) and i removed it. But it still works like that. Try it and tell me if there are errors ;)

BIade

Apr 11, 2013
Cologne
Great think, gonna test it tomorrow :D
Thank you very much !!

Would you be able to create a module to hide apps (user/system) from the pixel launcher?
If yes, would it be much work to do?

Gratefully
Blade

Reactions: veez21

Truant_Luce

May 14, 2016
I keep getting this when I try it. Anything I'm not doing right? The app does have root permissions. But not too familiar with working with terminals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170405-104554.jpg
    Screenshot_20170405-104554.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 2,304
Last edited:

Telperion

Feb 20, 2011
Great module, was thinking of making one myself.

What about incorporating something of the functionality of App Inspector so that the terminal display shows both display name and package name?

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Updated to v2! Changes are significantly related to UX.

CHANGELOG:
  • UI Improved a bit
  • Now shows the name of the app! (if aapt binary is present in /system)
  • Now hides uninstalled apps!
  • Added Reinstall Apps (but not working just yet don't try it for now)
  • Code Optimizations

Download here or in the OP
Git - later ;)

Note: Updating removes all the files in the module, so all the uninstalled apps will be reinstalled. That's a magisk problem

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TERMINAL] DEBLOATER

Debloat your phone Systemlessly! Debloating can sometimes be device specific. OEM apps can sometimes be a trash to a user but not to the other. So I decided to make a module to Customize the uninstallation of a system app (in Magisk) with a UI in Terminal emulator. So you can help yourself in uninstalling your own bloat!​
    [/SIZE]

How to use:
    1. Flash in a recovery
    2. Go to Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, refer below)
    3. Type su and enter
      Code:
      debloat
      or use the command line for ease of use or other stuff
    4. Select the apps to uninstall (systemless!). But remember that the names of the apps won't be accurate (like Velvet which is actually the Google app) if you have no aapt in your system.

** Use the options
    Enter
    Code:
    debloat -h
    and it will be pretty easy to understand.

** How to debloat multiple apps
    Enter multiple numbers. That's it.
    For example, enter 1 18 25 24 56. That would debloat the apps with the corresponding number in the listed apps shown to you in the menu.

** If you have a blank list of apps, or want to use ADB Shell, use -nc.
    Code:
    debloat -nc

** Uploading logs
    Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that :)
    Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Short video guide:

Download here or at Magisk Manager
    GitHub
    Changelogs
    Telegram Channel
    Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙
    LIST OF ALL SH*TTY APPS BY OEMs

• All ****ty LG apps
    F.A.Q

Q. How does this work?
    A. To put it simply, debloat is a script magic mounted in /system/bin ($PATH variable) so that it can be executed directly in Terminal Emulator and present you with a "UI" that you can interact with to uninstall System Apps.​

Q. Are the apps frozen or uninstalled?
    A. They're uninstalled. To put it simply, the apk files in /system are replaced by a blank file, which basically removes/uninstalls them from /system.​

Q. How does the Reinstall option work?
    A. It removes the blank files used to replace to apk files in /system. Which brings the apk back after a reboot. Basically the same thing that happens when you disable/uninstall a Magisk module.
    Q. Some kind of error popped out, what do I do?
    A. Type logs in the menu then send the link generated or send me these files: /cache/terminal_debloater.log and /cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log ; so I can look for the bug :good:​

Q. I accidentally uninstalled an important system app (e.g. System UI) and got in a bootloop, what do I do?
    A. Simple, mount magisk from here. Then delete the app folder of the system app you've uninstalled in /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/app or /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/priv-app then that should undo it ;)

Q. Apps are still in the app drawer after debloating...
    A. You can then uninstall them like a normal user app.​
    UPDATE TO v7.1!

* A/B Partitioned Devices are now supported
    * Fixed configuration resetting when updating (Only on recovery)
    * Fix Busybox detection

Link in the OP or download at Magisk Manager

Thanks for @ydd0ras for testing and donating..
    You can donate at:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/donatetome.php?u=7296895
    or
    https://www.paypal.me/veez21
    UPDATE TO v8.7!

Changelog:
    * Settings now persists when updated through Magisk Manager

Download at the OP or at Magisk Manager
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures