[MODULE][Terminal] Debloater v17.3.2 - Debloat Systemlessly!

Search This thread

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hi, when I try to scan the list of system apps I get this error which can be seen in the screenshot. I attach links to the logs if they can be useful.
View attachment 5214971

Im guessing its probably the parsing of item 148.....see the backslashes...wouldnt be the first script to not encapsulate special characters or packagenames properly

prubini87

Oct 4, 2012
I've just installed debloater but here's what's going on: I've installed and run it and, even though it did run, I couldn't see any apps, so I ran it with -nc and installed BusyBox. Now, when I try to run debloat, I get the following response:

/system/bin/sh: debloat: not found

I've tried uninstalling busybox, uninstalling and reinstalling debloat, nothing seems to bring it back. Any ideas? I've both busybox and debloat installed on magisk...

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
I've just installed debloater but here's what's going on: I've installed and run it and, even though it did run, I couldn't see any apps, so I ran it with -nc and installed BusyBox. Now, when I try to run debloat, I get the following response:

/system/bin/sh: debloat: not found

I've tried uninstalling busybox, uninstalling and reinstalling debloat, nothing seems to bring it back. Any ideas? I've both busybox and debloat installed on magisk...

Did you reboot after installing it?

Because that's the most likely reason given that error

After you install a magisk module, you must reboot for it to take effect

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TERMINAL] DEBLOATER

Debloat your phone Systemlessly! Debloating can sometimes be device specific. OEM apps can sometimes be a trash to a user but not to the other. So I decided to make a module to Customize the uninstallation of a system app (in Magisk) with a UI in Terminal emulator. So you can help yourself in uninstalling your own bloat!​
    [/SIZE]

How to use:
    1. Flash in a recovery
    2. Go to Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, refer below)
    3. Type su and enter
      Code:
      debloat
      or use the command line for ease of use or other stuff
    4. Select the apps to uninstall (systemless!). But remember that the names of the apps won't be accurate (like Velvet which is actually the Google app) if you have no aapt in your system.

** Use the options
    Enter
    Code:
    debloat -h
    and it will be pretty easy to understand.

** How to debloat multiple apps
    Enter multiple numbers. That's it.
    For example, enter 1 18 25 24 56. That would debloat the apps with the corresponding number in the listed apps shown to you in the menu.

** If you have a blank list of apps, or want to use ADB Shell, use -nc.
    Code:
    debloat -nc

** Uploading logs
    Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that :)
    Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Short video guide:

Download here or at Magisk Manager
    GitHub
    Changelogs
    Telegram Channel
    Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙
    LIST OF ALL SH*TTY APPS BY OEMs

• All ****ty LG apps
    F.A.Q

Q. How does this work?
    A. To put it simply, debloat is a script magic mounted in /system/bin ($PATH variable) so that it can be executed directly in Terminal Emulator and present you with a "UI" that you can interact with to uninstall System Apps.​

Q. Are the apps frozen or uninstalled?
    A. They're uninstalled. To put it simply, the apk files in /system are replaced by a blank file, which basically removes/uninstalls them from /system.​

Q. How does the Reinstall option work?
    A. It removes the blank files used to replace to apk files in /system. Which brings the apk back after a reboot. Basically the same thing that happens when you disable/uninstall a Magisk module.
    Q. Some kind of error popped out, what do I do?
    A. Type logs in the menu then send the link generated or send me these files: /cache/terminal_debloater.log and /cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log ; so I can look for the bug :good:​

Q. I accidentally uninstalled an important system app (e.g. System UI) and got in a bootloop, what do I do?
    A. Simple, mount magisk from here. Then delete the app folder of the system app you've uninstalled in /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/app or /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/priv-app then that should undo it ;)

Q. Apps are still in the app drawer after debloating...
    A. You can then uninstall them like a normal user app.​
    UPDATE TO v7.1!

* A/B Partitioned Devices are now supported
    * Fixed configuration resetting when updating (Only on recovery)
    * Fix Busybox detection

Link in the OP or download at Magisk Manager

Thanks for @ydd0ras for testing and donating..
    You can donate at:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/donatetome.php?u=7296895
    or
    https://www.paypal.me/veez21
    UPDATE TO v8.7!

Changelog:
    * Settings now persists when updated through Magisk Manager

Download at the OP or at Magisk Manager
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures