[MODULE][Terminal] Debloater v17.3.2 - Debloat Systemlessly!

Search This thread

Avengement

Dec 6, 2017
Sony Xperia X10 Plus
how did you try and install it?...because theres only one correct way to do that, and thats via magisk manager....
The only way I'm aware of doing it now is through the fox magisk modual manager since magisk dropped support for installing moduals directly through the app a few versions back apparently. Once it's installed it shows up as a module in magisk but when prompting the command in a terminal on the device you get the error seen in the screenshot I posted above. This is the first fime I've installed debloater this way though and now it's not working...

Reactions: bbortel93

73sydney

Account currently disabled
The only way I'm aware of doing it now is through the fox magisk modual manager since magisk dropped support for installing moduals directly through the app a few versions back apparently. Once it's installed it shows up as a module in magisk but when prompting the command in a terminal on the device you get the error seen in the screenshot I posted above. This is the first fime I've installed debloater this way though and now it's not working...

Magisk Manager never dropped support for installing modules...i use it to install every module i have stored locally in my backup (downloaded from separate module repos), which i copy onto storage on the device itself every new flash

The Magisk Repo was removed from within Magisk Manager...thats a different thing entirely...2 separate things

As much as i like Fox's Magisk Module Manager, it can be buggy on occasion....

Also it tends to download the source.zip from repos (which is different from a release zip - which has a proper internal module structure).

I suggest if you have issues you download the module you want directly from the actual source module repo or in this case, since theres no release on the repo for this module, the one attached here

and install it via Magisk Manager...last icon on the bottom menu bar....

OR, if Fox's MMM fails to install it properly, and it seems it has...

you'll likely have to:

1) Open the zip downloaded via Fox's MMM
2) Copy all the files from the subfolder in the zip, into a new folder, so all files are in the root folder
3) Rezip,
4) Install using the Magisk Manager...last icon on the bottom menu bar....

I know which i do and would rather do :)

If my comments about the difference in the structure inside a source.zip and a release zip (in this case ) download both the release.zip and master/source.zip from releases on a moduel repo and open them, it should be crystal clear then....Magisk Manager, the traditional way to install modules expects to find files in the root folder to tell it what to do....a master/source.zip will have a subfolder and will fail

Fox's MMM downloads the master/source.zip and then does its thing (i assume it tries to extract and repackage the master/source. zip into a correctly formatted module zip?) to try and install them, it can go badly wrong...

Attachments

• Debloater_(Terminal_Emulator)-v17.3.3(76).zip
    530.5 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Avengement

Dec 6, 2017
Sony Xperia X10 Plus
Magisk Manager never dropped support for installing modules...i use it to install every module i have stored locally in my backup (downloaded from separate module repos), which i copy onto storage on the device itself every new flash

The Magisk Repo was removed from within Magisk Manager...thats a different thing entirely...2 separate things

As much as i like Fox's Magisk Module Manager, it can be buggy on occasion....

Also it tends to download the source.zip from repos (which is different from a release zip - which has a proper internal module structure).

I suggest if you have issues you download the module you want directly from the actual source module repo or in this case, since theres no release on the repo for this module, the one attached here

and install it via Magisk Manager...last icon on the bottom menu bar....

OR, if Fox's MMM fails to install it properly, and it seems it has...

you'll likely have to:

1) Open the zip downloaded via Fox's MMM
2) Copy all the files from the subfolder in the zip, into a new folder, so all files are in the root folder
3) Rezip,
4) Install using the Magisk Manager...last icon on the bottom menu bar....

I know which i do and would rather do :)

If my comments about the difference in the structure inside a source.zip and a release zip (in this case ) download both the release.zip and master/source.zip from releases on a moduel repo and open them, it should be crystal clear then....Magisk Manager, the traditional way to install modules expects to find files in the root folder to tell it what to do....a master/source.zip will have a subfolder and will fail

Fox's MMM downloads the master/source.zip and then does its thing (i assume it tries to extract and repackage the master/source. zip into a correctly formatted module zip?) to try and install them, it can go badly wrong...
You are right. When I downloaded the most recent version of magisk and opened the module tab looking for debloater only to see that the list was empty, I went looking for a solution and another users post claimed support was dropped and to install the fox magisk modual manager to pick up where it had left off. Clearly they were wrong because installing the zip you linked via the internal storage option which I didn't even initially see in the module tab has worked perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. Much appreciated.

Reactions: 73sydney

73sydney

You are right. When I downloaded the most recent version of magisk and opened the module tab looking for debloater only to see that the list was empty, I went looking for a solution and another users post claimed support was dropped and to install the fox magisk modual manager to pick up where it had left off. Clearly they were wrong because installing the zip you linked via the internal storage option which I didn't even initially see in the module tab has worked perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. Much appreciated.

Fox MMM gets it right most of the time, but every now and then....so keep the manual method (visit the module repo if possible, download a zip from the releases section and flash via Magisk Manager) handy as a backup

Avengement

Dec 6, 2017
Sony Xperia X10 Plus
By the way, what is the terminal command to individually remove packages that aren't populated in the debloater lists? I've done it before but can't remember what the terminal syntax is. Also, is there a way to permanently delete these apps? This newest version of debloater seems to only be temporary or "systemless" so if I were to ever remove debloater the removed apps would simply return...

73sydney

This does not work for me. For some reason the app list does not load and when I give package name it can’t find it.

Try the alternate debloater module, its far more recent, though wkrs differently (not from a terminal - read the documentation)

By the way, what is the terminal command to individually remove packages that aren't populated in the debloater lists? I've done it before but can't remember what the terminal syntax is. Also, is there a way to permanently delete these apps? This newest version of debloater seems to only be temporary or "systemless" so if I were to ever remove debloater the removed apps would simply return...

The while poiint of using magisk is to do things systemlessly (i.e. to avoid the various OS and app checks noticing there have been any modifications to system) Most if not all modem SAR (System As Root) devices do not have a readable system, and while it is possible to make them so, its highly NOT recommended

If this debloater doesnt work for you, and it is not maintained and has had issues for a number of years now, use the alternate one, mentioned just above. Its personally what i use now

Avengement

Dec 6, 2017
Sony Xperia X10 Plus
Try the alternate debloater module, its far more recent, though wkrs differently (not from a terminal - read the documentation)

The while poiint of using magisk is to do things systemlessly (i.e. to avoid the various OS and app checks noticing there have been any modifications to system) Most if not all modem SAR (System As Root) devices do not have a readable system, and while it is possible to make them so, its highly NOT recommended

If this debloater doesnt work for you, and it is not maintained and has had issues for a number of years now, use the alternate one, mentioned just above. Its personally what i use nowt

If this debloater doesnt work for you, and it is not maintained and has had issues for a number of years now, use the alternate one, mentioned just above. Its personally what i use now
The alternative "debloater replace" module you reference is the one that fox magisk module manager comes with that I previously had the install problem come to light after attempting to use. Whether that's a problem with the module itself or how it was installed I don't know. However, how is it different from the regular debloater? I see that it apparently installs a blank dummy apk in place of the actual one. How does the standard debloater work? Are either of these methods permanent in the sense that if the module is removed or disabled the "removed" bloat apps won't return? I personally don't care if my device returns a positive safetynet check. I don't need OTA updates since I'm running a custom ROM that needs to be reflashed if I decide to update and I don't use any banking apps since I prefer to manually login via a website interface for stronger security.

Also, I'm still looking for the way to remove other bloat apps that don't appear in the debloat module lists. Just need the terminal command since it's been a couple years and I've forgotten it.

Thanks again.

73sydney

Exactly, I use Fox Magisk module installer to get it done on every fresh flash I do... Works flawlessly for me.

While im glad it works for you, but youre just assuming it works all the time for everyone, and clearly it doesnt. Also i have been a tester for Fox MMM since the beginning (its installed on my device as we speak) and had my own modules on the replacement repo at one point, so im not anti Fox MMM, far from it....but it can glitch, because ive seen it personally happen many times, hence why i gave the alternate method to still use Magisk Manager an alternative...

And the Magisk Manager or terminal (magisk --install-module <zip>) are still the only officially sanctioned ways to install a module (factual comment)

PhYrE85

Sep 18, 2016
IMG_20230108_171119.jpg

Installed Debloater_(Terminal_Emulator)-v17.3.3(76).zip via magisk and getting the above error in the terminal. Module is listed in magisk though. Any ideas?

73sydney

You think wrong. Thanks for the suggestion.

that has all the hallmarks of not having rebooted as the file doesnt exist in the %path% until the device has been rebooted and the file has been overlayed in %path%

its the most common issue people have with missing commands after installing a magisk module

if you think this isnt the case, then please install the module again and before you exit the magisk manager install screen, click the save button to save the install log and post here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TERMINAL] DEBLOATER

Debloat your phone Systemlessly! Debloating can sometimes be device specific. OEM apps can sometimes be a trash to a user but not to the other. So I decided to make a module to Customize the uninstallation of a system app (in Magisk) with a UI in Terminal emulator. So you can help yourself in uninstalling your own bloat!​
    [/SIZE]

How to use:
    1. Flash in a recovery
    2. Go to Terminal emulator or adb shell (use -nc, refer below)
    3. Type su and enter
      Code:
      debloat
      or use the command line for ease of use or other stuff
    4. Select the apps to uninstall (systemless!). But remember that the names of the apps won't be accurate (like Velvet which is actually the Google app) if you have no aapt in your system.

** Use the options
    Enter
    Code:
    debloat -h
    and it will be pretty easy to understand.

** How to debloat multiple apps
    Enter multiple numbers. That's it.
    For example, enter 1 18 25 24 56. That would debloat the apps with the corresponding number in the listed apps shown to you in the menu.

** If you have a blank list of apps, or want to use ADB Shell, use -nc.
    Code:
    debloat -nc

** Uploading logs
    Go to the menu and type `logs`, this will upload the log files of this module and will generate a link. Send that :)
    Alternatively, Send `/cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log` here. I'll examine it for problems and will try to fix it.

Short video guide:

Download here or at Magisk Manager
    GitHub
    Changelogs
    Telegram Channel
    Notification Channel

DONATE? If you want to (ノ・ω・)ノ゙
    LIST OF ALL SH*TTY APPS BY OEMs

• All ****ty LG apps
    F.A.Q

Q. How does this work?
    A. To put it simply, debloat is a script magic mounted in /system/bin ($PATH variable) so that it can be executed directly in Terminal Emulator and present you with a "UI" that you can interact with to uninstall System Apps.​

Q. Are the apps frozen or uninstalled?
    A. They're uninstalled. To put it simply, the apk files in /system are replaced by a blank file, which basically removes/uninstalls them from /system.​

Q. How does the Reinstall option work?
    A. It removes the blank files used to replace to apk files in /system. Which brings the apk back after a reboot. Basically the same thing that happens when you disable/uninstall a Magisk module.
    Q. Some kind of error popped out, what do I do?
    A. Type logs in the menu then send the link generated or send me these files: /cache/terminal_debloater.log and /cache/terminal_debloater-verbose.log ; so I can look for the bug :good:​

Q. I accidentally uninstalled an important system app (e.g. System UI) and got in a bootloop, what do I do?
    A. Simple, mount magisk from here. Then delete the app folder of the system app you've uninstalled in /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/app or /sbin/.core/img/terminal_debloater/system/priv-app then that should undo it ;)

Q. Apps are still in the app drawer after debloating...
    A. You can then uninstall them like a normal user app.​
    UPDATE TO v7.1!

* A/B Partitioned Devices are now supported
    * Fixed configuration resetting when updating (Only on recovery)
    * Fix Busybox detection

Link in the OP or download at Magisk Manager

Thanks for @ydd0ras for testing and donating..
    You can donate at:
    https://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=7296895
    or
    https://www.paypal.me/veez21
    Here's a little video tutorial on how to use this module by @Truant_Luce