• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE][TERMINAL EMU] Increase Volume Steps + UI

Search This thread

Mokedoke

Dec 27, 2014
I just paid for an app called Precise Volume and I found this a few days later. Working absolutely beautifully on my 3t. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

tpuserhp

Jul 1, 2013
Put the following in a file (name doesn't really matter) in /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
setenforce 0
That'll set SELinux to permissive at boot.

I included the setprop for the media vol step in the file as well. It works for me and saves me from flashing the zip and running the command in terminal emulator. This might not be for everybody though.
The command:
setprop ro.config.media_vol_steps 30;

Last edited:

Pavamarea

Sep 18, 2013
São Paulo
I'm testing it in a S7 edge Exynos with a custom rom and custom kernel that have SElinux permissive and i'm using MagiskSu. I'm using the app Precise Volume too. Well, it's not working, maybe the app Precise Volume is causing any conflict?

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
I'm testing it in a S7 edge Exynos with a custom rom and custom kernel that have SElinux permissive and i'm using MagiskSu. I'm using the app Precise Volume too. Well, it's not working, maybe the app Precise Volume is causing any conflict?
What does the app do? Increase volume steps? It's most likely a conflict.Try disabling the app and test the module and tell me

Also, could you do this command in terminal emulator:
Code:
 getprop | grep vol
and screenshot the output :)

Pavamarea

Sep 18, 2013
São Paulo
What does the app do? Increase volume steps? It's most likely a conflict.Try disabling the app and test the module and tell me

Also, could you do this command in terminal emulator:

and screenshot the output :)

Precise Volume app increase steps in volume, but not in volume buttons, the app create some icons in notification bar where you can control the volume.
I diseabled the Precise Volume app.
Here the screenshot:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170405-132015.png
    Screenshot_20170405-132015.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Reactions: veez21

Pavamarea

Sep 18, 2013
São Paulo
I'm having this strange message, showed in screenshot :
When I reboot, the stock volume in command get back.

Attachments

• 20170405_203846.png
    20170405_203846.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 216

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INCREASE VOLUME STEPS

Yep, that's just it. It increases volume steps, but it doesn't make your sound louder.
    By default, it increases vol steps by 30.
    You can customize the volume steps by doing this command in terminal emulator:
    Code:
    vol_magisk
    You can then enter your choice.
    And then reboot to apply the change.

GitHub
    Downloads
    Changelogs

v1 - Initial release
    v1.2 - Fixed a couple of issues
    - New UI (vol_magisk)
    - Now shows Value to be applied
    - Now shows current version and version code
    v2 - Update module template
    Put the following in a file (name doesn't really matter) in /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    setenforce 0

I included the setprop for the media vol step in the file as well. It works for me and saves me from flashing the zip and running the command in terminal emulator. This might not be for everybody though.
    The command:
    setprop ro.config.media_vol_steps 30;
    Good mate

Inviato dal mio LEX720 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks, this is just a test module for me. I'm new to magisk :)
    I don't use magisksu because I have a problem sticking permissive selinux status, if you know how to stick permanently permissive selinux in magisksu, please let me know and I will glad to shift to magisksu.

Sent from my AndroidOne SEED using Tapatalk

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    setenforce 0