[MODULE][TERMINAL EMU] Increase Volume Steps + UI

Search This thread

vhick

Feb 13, 2012
Antipolo City
After installation, rebooted and then my supersu says I need to update my binary. I try to update but failed. I go to magisk manager and then the magisk framework (12.0) didn't detect correctly. I disable the module and it back to normal.

Reactions: veez21

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
After installation, rebooted and then my supersu says I need to update my binary. I try to update but failed. I go to magisk manager and then the magisk framework (12.0) didn't detect correctly. I disable the module and it back to normal.
I don't know about that. I don't think it affects su since it just sets a build property and a script in /system/bin. I use magisk su but no problems.

vhick

Feb 13, 2012
Antipolo City
I don't know about that. I don't think it affects su since it just sets a build property and a script in /system/bin. I use magisk su but no problems.
I don't use magisksu because I have a problem sticking permissive selinux status, if you know how to stick permanently permissive selinux in magisksu, please let me know and I will glad to shift to magisksu.

Sent from my AndroidOne SEED using Tapatalk

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I don't use magisksu because I have a problem sticking permissive selinux status, if you know how to stick permanently permissive selinux in magisksu, please let me know and I will glad to shift to magisksu.

Put the following in a file (name doesn't really matter) in /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
setenforce 0
That'll set SELinux to permissive at boot.

Reactions: pbergonzi and vhick

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where

Put the following in a file (name doesn't really matter) in /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
setenforce 0

What @Didgeridoohan said ;)

Reactions: vhick

vhick

Feb 13, 2012
Antipolo City

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where

Thanks guys. I having a hard time to get it work. Now my problem is the permission of the script. When I set it to 777, it always go back to 755.
why set it to 777? 755 is good enough since we have root and all the execute permissions are granted.

Reactions: Didgeridoohan

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Thanks guys. I having a hard time to get it work. Now my problem is the permission of the script. When I set it to 777, it always go back to 755.

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

You shouldn't have to worry about permissions on the scripts placed in post-fs-data.d and 755 should be enough. What is it that doesn't work?

Edit: Dammit! To slow this time... :p

Reactions: veez21

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
I don't know. When it comes to permission for permissive, it never work on 755, it work on 777.
Ok, I'll update it to 777 in the next release. Also, for it to probably work for you for now, extract the zip and then edit config.sh. Then go to the bottom, you should find this line:

set_perm $MODPATH/system/bin/vol_magisk 0 0 0755

replace 0755 with 0777 and repack and then flash. See if it works ;)

EDIT: What's the output when you try to run vol_magisk in terminal emulator while in 755?

Last edited:
Reactions: vhick

vhick

Feb 13, 2012
Antipolo City
Ok, I'll update it to 777 in the next release. Also, for it to probably work for you for now, extract the zip and then edit config.sh. Then go to the bottom, you should find this line:

set_perm $MODPATH/system/bin/vol_magisk 0 0 0755

replace 0755 with 0777 and repack and then flash. See if it works ;)

EDIT: What's the output when you try to run vol_magisk in terminal emulator while in 755?
There's a slight misunderstanding here sir. The module is working in enforce. It just that I need to set my selinux to permissive because my other modules didn't work in enforce like sd write access module that only work on permissive selinux. And I only achieve stable permissive in edited boot.img with supersu.

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
There's a slight misunderstanding here sir. The module is working in enforce. It just that I need to set my selinux to permissive because my other modules didn't work in enforce like sd write access module that only work on permissive selinux. And I only achieve stable permissive in edited boot.img with supersu.
So this module doesn't work on permissive? The volume steps only increased while on enforcing?

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Also, keep in mind that it only works on media volume. Go to any music player app and play a song and see if it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INCREASE VOLUME STEPS

Yep, that's just it. It increases volume steps, but it doesn't make your sound louder.
    By default, it increases vol steps by 30.
    You can customize the volume steps by doing this command in terminal emulator:
    Code:
    vol_magisk
    You can then enter your choice.
    And then reboot to apply the change.

GitHub
    Downloads
    Changelogs

v1 - Initial release
    v1.2 - Fixed a couple of issues
    - New UI (vol_magisk)
    - Now shows Value to be applied
    - Now shows current version and version code
    v2 - Update module template
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    setenforce 0

I included the setprop for the media vol step in the file as well. It works for me and saves me from flashing the zip and running the command in terminal emulator. This might not be for everybody though.
    The command:
    setprop ro.config.media_vol_steps 30;
    Good mate

Inviato dal mio LEX720 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks, this is just a test module for me. I'm new to magisk :)

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    setenforce 0