[MODULE] Twemoji (Twitter Emoji) 12.1.2

Search This thread
G

GuestK00347

I was very surprised to find that no one had made a Twemoji module, so here you go!

Download is attached.

Also attached is a ZIP with some scripts for Linux to build the font yourself if you're interested - I recommend extracting it to its own folder.
The first time run firstrun.sh, then when you want to update just run build.sh. Warning that firstrun.sh will download about 1.5 GB worth of Git repos.
firstrun.sh is made for Ubuntu, so you may have to change apt-get to whatever your distro uses and/or install some more packages required for it to run.
If you don't want to replace the water pistol with the original gun, simply remove line 46 from build.sh.

Feel free to donate if you want.

Attachments

• Twemoji-build.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 290
  • Twemoji-12.1.5.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 1,282
Last edited:

Zafrkant

Jan 19, 2017
Hi, firstly I want to thank developer for great contribution.
I have problem that when Magisk Manager crashes Twemoji crashes to and I must after that to uninstall/install module again to get it work. It is not case for other modules.

G

GuestK00347

Updated to Twemoji 2.6.

Hi, firstly I want to thank developer for great contribution.
I have problem that when Magisk Manager crashes Twemoji crashes to and I must after that to uninstall/install module again to get it work. It is not case for other modules.

Strange... you're on the latest Magisk I assume? Unfortunately I'm not too skilled at this stuff, I just compile the font basically so I don't know where to begin with debugging. Can you try testing with the EmojiOne module available in the repo? It should be pretty much the same apart from the font itself so it'd give me a better idea if it's my module specifically or a problem with fonts.

Zafrkant

Jan 19, 2017
Updated to Twemoji 2.6.

Strange... you're on the latest Magisk I assume? Unfortunately I'm not too skilled at this stuff, I just compile the font basically so I don't know where to begin with debugging. Can you try testing with the EmojiOne module available in the repo? It should be pretty much the same apart from the font itself so it'd give me a better idea if it's my module specifically or a problem with fonts.
Thank you for reply. I've tried with Magisk v16.0 and v16.3 with Magisk Manager 5.6.3 and 5.6.4 but results is almost the same. I couldn't provide logcat because I never know when Manager will crash and also output would be very large.
I'll try as you suggested :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good stuff, I came here looking for the update! How come the filesize is so reduced, is there compression applied to the emojis or is it just code improvements? Thanks anyway! :)
    It is just better compression of the emojis, without any downside of quality.
    The code overall is good so no need for improvement (at least for now).
    Here it is. File size reduced by 61% compared to the previous release.

Enjoy!
    Good stuff, I came here looking for the update! How come the filesize is so reduced, is there compression applied to the emojis or is it just code improvements? Thanks anyway! :)
    Twemoji 13 released today, hopefully there will be someone to make a Android format version...

Decided to build it myself with the script. All thanks to OP for the script!

It should work, but I don't think Gboard's updated yet.
    Twemoji V13.0.2 in the making. With if all goes well, reduced file size.
    Here it is. File size reduced by 61% compared to the previous release.

Enjoy!
    G
    GuestK00347
    I was very surprised to find that no one had made a Twemoji module, so here you go!

Download is attached.

Also attached is a ZIP with some scripts for Linux to build the font yourself if you're interested - I recommend extracting it to its own folder.
    The first time run firstrun.sh, then when you want to update just run build.sh. Warning that firstrun.sh will download about 1.5 GB worth of Git repos.
    firstrun.sh is made for Ubuntu, so you may have to change apt-get to whatever your distro uses and/or install some more packages required for it to run.
    If you don't want to replace the water pistol with the original gun, simply remove line 46 from build.sh.

Feel free to donate if you want.
    It is just better compression of the emojis, without any downside of quality.
    The code overall is good so no need for improvement (at least for now).
    here's the most recent version
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone