Search This thread

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    FooxMagisk Alpha[ v0.2.2/SIZE]

×WHO:
    FxM is aimed at Android users in search of an easy way to capture system or internal sounds (systemless-ly), and on Android versions past Lollipop. By installing my module users will no longer need to worry about background noise from their environment.

×WHAT:
    FooView, an app by fvalpha, comes from the same dev behind ES File Explorer nearly a decade ago. Development is ongoing, but in essence, FV supplies the user with a range of controls outside of screen recording. Be sure to visit their thread.

×WHY:
    Some time ago someone inquired about the possibility, which led us to trying other means before quitting. Recently I found FV and gave it a spin. Plus, others are frustrated by the absence of native recording on most devices. Whilst I've experimented with other techniques on Oreo & Pie, none come close.

×HOW:
    The real reason you're here! First of all, in order use this module I strongly recommend Magisk 18+. It was used on 18, so can't guarantee the results on older versions. If there's demand, a test for 17 can be made.

×Prerequisites:
    - Magisk 18+
    - Grab fooView Play Store
    - Download/Install FxM module from below

×Links
    - All Releases

×Steps:
    - Follow above
    - Reboot after installing
    - Check app info (foo can now be disabled, instead of uninstalled)
    - Open foo -> Settings -> Advanced settings -> Dev Mode -> Enable "root for screenshots" -> Grant -> Enable "Record internal"
    - Enable little MIC icon BEFORE recording
    - Adjust media volume to < 40% (Volume bug on some devices)

×Credits:
    - @fvalpha - Developer of fooView
    - @topjohnwu - Magisk
    - @ahrion - Unity Installer
    - @Zackptg5 - Unity Installer

Last edited:

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    ×Bugs
    - Using high volume creates a tick sound on certain devices
    - If Module is installed FIRST the app will crash constantly

×Revision History
    v0.1a - Jan 18, 2019 - Initial Release (Unity v3.1 + 0.9.9.9)

v0.2.2a - Jan 21, 2019 - (Unity v3.2 + Perms fixed)

v0.2.3a - Jan 25, 2019 - (Removed unnecessary perms)

×Compatibility:

- LOS 15.1 (8.1)
    - AICP 13 (8.1)
    - AICP 14 (9.0)

×Devices:
    - Le Pro 3
    - Moto Z2
    - Whyred
    - Pocophone F1

Further testing is necessary to extend this list

×FAQ:

Q: Can I hear speaker audio whilst recording internal sounds?
    A: No, not at this time. And likely never. It's a limitation in the API.

Q: Sound doesn't play when recording!
    A: This is normal. Maybe simultaneous internal/external recording will be doable in Android Q.

Q: Fooview crashes!
    A: This happens when Foo module is installed before the base app.

Q: Why is there no sound in my recording?
    A: Turn on the microphone icon that's shown in fooview.

Q: Is root needed?
    A: Yes!

Q: Watermark in videos?
    A: This can be disabled in settings.

Last edited:

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    Still crashing unable to open setting :( I am using 9.0
    Did you follow all the steps? In foo there's a permission section, first 3 need to be enabled when installing the app. After rebooting only floating window is needed really.

Unable to here sound's..
    Sound from the speaker stops whenever foo records. Make sure mic is enabled in the screen recorder, there's going to be a little mic icon. Like here:

http://imgur.com/a/f3ZQINs

Last edited:

hitesh748-

Nov 11, 2017
    Did you follow all the steps? In foo there's a permission section, first 3 need to be enabled when installing the app. After rebooting only floating window is needed really.

Sound from the speaker stops whenever foo records. Make sure mic is enabled in the screen recorder, there's going to be a little mic icon. Like here:

if we are not hearing voice.. Than why to use this?Is that any way possible to record internal voice and also able to hear?Because if this is going to possible than ?.. It's going on trending.. Because this is what people really want

Reactions: sendme2pop

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    if we are not hearing voice.. Than why to use this?Is that any way possible to record internal voice and also able to hear?Because if this is going to possible than ?.. It's going on trending.. Because this is what people really want

No, because Android doesn't support system recording natively. You'd have to record your voice from another device and merge the waveforms. It's not possible to record MIC & system simultaneously, unless it's done on a Samsung or Xiaomi device.

This is meant for people that DON'T want sounds from their mic. Internal recording isn't possible without root after lollipop, and game audio from a microphone sounds awful.

Last edited:

ItsOm

Oct 13, 2016
    Thanks! I am able to record internal audio, but unable to hear while recording:'(

My rom PE whyred

Is there any fix yet?

Thanks Dev

Last edited:

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    Thanks! I am able to record internal audio, but unable to hear while recording:'(

My rom PE whyred

Is there any fix yet?

Thanks Dev
    It's a limitation of the the app at this time (fooview), not the module. I don't know if the Dev will add that functionality in the future. There's another Android app that can record internal sound, I'm trying to create a module for it too.

ItsOm

Oct 13, 2016
    It's a limitation of the the app at this time (fooview), not the module. I don't know if the Dev will add that functionality in the future. There's another Android app that can record internal sound, I'm trying to create a module for it too.
    Oh! good luck
    You are our only hope literally!

One more question, Can Xiaomi devices record internal audio?
    I have Whyred (RN5pro) with PE rom installed.

Thanks!

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    Thanks dude, work in POCOPHONE F1 android 9 pie.
    No problem! Happy to help.

Oh! good luck
    You are our only hope literally!

One more question, Can Xiaomi devices record internal audio?
    I have Whyred (RN5pro) with PE rom installed.

Thanks!
    With school it'll take time for me to get around to it.

Only some Xiaomi phones feature it natively. I've heard of it being available on older devices like the Note 4.

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    Sorry to ask this basic question. Where is best use of this module. Can this be used alongside screen video recorder so that WhatsApp video calls can be recorded.
    1. It's meant to record system audio. My buddy needs that for games. I guess there are other uses like recording calls, but I never considered it.

2. I've never tried this on WhatsApp, nor any app like it. I don't know if WA even allows recorders.

It only needs to be installed, nothing else it required.

Last edited:

vasu97

Jun 27, 2017
    ahmedabad
    excellent thread and mind blowing work, this is what i have been searching for since a long time, it works great but only problem is i can't hear anything while recording internal sound, but it records internal sound. well it works though !

Last edited:

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    excellent thread and mind blowing work, this is what i have been searching for since a long time, it works great but only problem is i can't hear anything while recording internal sound, but it records internal sound. well it works though !

There seems to be no way to achieve this on any Android version after LP (internal + MIC). Samsung, Xiaomi, and LG feature native recording in their skins so it's a different story. For example, my sister's Stylo can do both on Nougat.

For unknown reasons Google doesn't want apps to contain this functionality (also true of call recording apps). It's odd since Apple's position is the complete opposite...

Reactions: ShynizZ.

ShynizZ.

Jul 16, 2017
    There seems to be no way to achieve this on any Android version after LP (internal + MIC). Samsung, Xiaomi, and LG feature native recording in their skins so it's a different story. For example, my sister's Stylo can do both on Nougat.

For unknown reasons Google doesn't want apps to contain this functionality (also true of call recording apps). It's odd since Apple's position is the complete opposite...
    I hate Google for that and even regret buying a Pixel

Antidote03

Jun 19, 2012
    Man u said I should enable the mic thing for screen recording but I searched every where no such a thing
    Device pocophone f1
    No sound at all for screen recording is there any way to enable the internal mic ?

Thanks in advance

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    Man u said I should enable the mic thing for screen recording but I searched every where no such a thing
    Device pocophone f1
    No sound at all for screen recording is there any way to enable the internal mic ?

Thanks in advance
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/f3ZQINs

The microphone is there. It's needed for internal audio, the speaker won't output any sound.

I prefer this one for its ability to alter FPS (25 - 60).

Edit: Link removed temporarily

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      FooxMagisk Alpha[ v0.2.2/SIZE]

×WHO:
      FxM is aimed at Android users in search of an easy way to capture system or internal sounds (systemless-ly), and on Android versions past Lollipop. By installing my module users will no longer need to worry about background noise from their environment.

×WHAT:
      FooView, an app by fvalpha, comes from the same dev behind ES File Explorer nearly a decade ago. Development is ongoing, but in essence, FV supplies the user with a range of controls outside of screen recording. Be sure to visit their thread.

×WHY:
      Some time ago someone inquired about the possibility, which led us to trying other means before quitting. Recently I found FV and gave it a spin. Plus, others are frustrated by the absence of native recording on most devices. Whilst I've experimented with other techniques on Oreo & Pie, none come close.

×HOW:
      The real reason you're here! First of all, in order use this module I strongly recommend Magisk 18+. It was used on 18, so can't guarantee the results on older versions. If there's demand, a test for 17 can be made.

×Prerequisites:
      - Magisk 18+
      - Grab fooView Play Store
      - Download/Install FxM module from below

×Links
      - All Releases

×Steps:
      - Follow above
      - Reboot after installing
      - Check app info (foo can now be disabled, instead of uninstalled)
      - Open foo -> Settings -> Advanced settings -> Dev Mode -> Enable "root for screenshots" -> Grant -> Enable "Record internal"
      - Enable little MIC icon BEFORE recording
      - Adjust media volume to < 40% (Volume bug on some devices)

×Credits:
      - @fvalpha - Developer of fooView
      - @topjohnwu - Magisk
      - @ahrion - Unity Installer
      - @Zackptg5 - Unity Installer
      ×Bugs
      - Using high volume creates a tick sound on certain devices
      - If Module is installed FIRST the app will crash constantly

×Revision History
      v0.1a - Jan 18, 2019 - Initial Release (Unity v3.1 + 0.9.9.9)

v0.2.2a - Jan 21, 2019 - (Unity v3.2 + Perms fixed)

v0.2.3a - Jan 25, 2019 - (Removed unnecessary perms)

×Compatibility:

- LOS 15.1 (8.1)
      - AICP 13 (8.1)
      - AICP 14 (9.0)

×Devices:
      - Le Pro 3
      - Moto Z2
      - Whyred
      - Pocophone F1

Further testing is necessary to extend this list

×FAQ:

Q: Can I hear speaker audio whilst recording internal sounds?
      A: No, not at this time. And likely never. It's a limitation in the API.

Q: Sound doesn't play when recording!
      A: This is normal. Maybe simultaneous internal/external recording will be doable in Android Q.

Q: Fooview crashes!
      A: This happens when Foo module is installed before the base app.

Q: Why is there no sound in my recording?
      A: Turn on the microphone icon that's shown in fooview.

Q: Is root needed?
      A: Yes!

Q: Watermark in videos?
      A: This can be disabled in settings.

I am using foo app, I will try your tip. Thanks.
      Is it working in Pie?
      So if I use any Screen recorder will it be able to universally record internal audio via Magisk module?
      Yes, I tested both apps with my z2 Force (Pie).

No, this isn't universal. Only certain recording apps communicate with the api used for internal recording. Screencam is the best as it lets you change fps and other stuff. Foo, recme, and sc are the only ones I made modules for.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone