[MODULE] Universal GMS Doze

Search This thread

73sydney

This module is trash, it should backup the xml before it gets modified so it can restore the stock xml on uninstall. The whole point of magisk is for the changes to be systemless and reversible!

and yet again.....

at the risk of repeating myself, only a few posts above...

if its trash, then the info is out there to do it (and has been for years), feel free to make your own module

coming into a thread and calling something "trash" is not what a smart person does as its unlikely to gain any sympathy or support

its hard to make a universal module that alters system files and works on EVERY ROM/device, if you had ever made one, you'd know this...

Last edited:
Reactions: rodken and n0j0e

JDC2389

Apr 3, 2011
may I know what version you're talking about?
1.8.6, also if I need to dirty flash or reflash my entire rom to restore after uninstalling a magisk there is something that should've been done differently, autobackup of xml file and restore it on uninstall of module... something! Sorry that I came off harsh but I was mad about that, it's whatever, I'm cutting my losses and reflashing.

xontax

Dec 17, 2011
OnePlus 9
at the risk of repeating myself, only a few posts above...

If you like you can try my very basic GMS doze module i made for someone else here once (and what i use myself), that copies the existing google.xml, copies it to the module folder and then edits it in place, in accordance with this long running method:

all the script magic is done in /common/install.sh
Um sorry I think it was rom specific. I'm now on CrDroid and it's working !

Reactions: 73sydney

Ky0sHiR0

Aug 30, 2013
Hi all,

Do I need to perform:

> su
> cd /data/data
> find . -type f -name '*gms*' -delete

Every restart?
After few minutes if I run above commands it's give me another output.
I don't see my xml in /system /system_xml /vendor etc.

Last edited:

xontax

Dec 17, 2011
OnePlus 9
Screenshot_20220909-143802_Einstellungen.png
just to claryfi, that's normal after the update to 1.8.7 ? How can we check if gms doze is working. Su gmsc says not optimized..

73sydney

Update:

just to make people aware that my simple GMS Doze module referenced at the following post location had issues and wouldnt have worked for google.xml paths other than /system/, it should be fixed now for all other possible locations

Oct 22, 2014
is there a proper way to uninstall this magisk module? or just removing it from magisk is enough? few posts above a guy said it doesn't get uninstalled properly. It's working fine for me, running gmsc says it's optimized, but I'm having the same issue, no notifications, and running the command in troubleshoot section doesn't fix it permanently.

SharkB69y

Aug 2, 2022
Hey, is there any alternative to use GMS doze but keeping notifications (for Discord, Snapchat...) ? I really like the way GMS doze save battery but it's pretty disturbing if I can't receive my notifications. Thanks by advance ^^

73sydney

Hey, is there any alternative to use GMS doze but keeping notifications (for Discord, Snapchat...) ? I really like the way GMS doze save battery but it's pretty disturbing if I can't receive my notifications. Thanks by advance ^^

Have you actually tried the module (and read the 2nd post about delayed messages etc)

the above *usually* works

OR tried my minimal one linked below:

General Good Idea: Please specify what you have tried (if anything) when asking for help on threads, its endlessly useful

Note: The problem with humankind these days is we're never sure if people have actually tried things or are just turning up to be spoonfed a certainty that lazy millennials and gen-zer's think everything should have...we would literally never get to the moon if we were starting now, millennials and gen-zers would just sit around and post to see if anyone else had done it yet....

Reactions: Stillhard

SharkB69y

Aug 2, 2022
Have you actually tried the module (and read the 2nd post about delayed messages etc)

the above *usually* works

OR tried my minimal one linked below:

General Good Idea: Please specify what you have tried (if anything) when asking for help on threads, its endlessly useful

Note: The problem with humankind these days is we're never sure if people have actually tried things or are just turning up to be spoonfed a certainty that lazy millennials and gen-zer's think everything should have...we would literally never get to the moon if we were starting now, millennials and gen-zers would just sit around and post to see if anyone else had done it yet....
I'll try this, thank you very much !

And yeah sorry x( I didn't specify that I didn't really try anything

• Love
Reactions: 73sydney

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: theres now an updated version here (also found via Fox Magisk Module Manager):

Hi,

Has anyone experienced this type of behavior?

I installed this last module on my One Plus 7 Pro running ColorOS A12,1 when I reboot the phone I run gmsc it says optimized after 2 seconds I run gmsc it says not optimized any ideas please?
    View attachment 5754699

Cant say ive ever seen that.....

Do you have any other modules, particularly of the tweak variety or tweak apps installed? Something is obviously resetting it, your best best would be logcat
    I just realized that the second module has nothing to do with this behavior, so I rebooted my phone and ran gms quickly twice, with the first result being gms optimized and the second being not optimized, and I discovered a google.xml in the folder /mnt/vendor/my bigball/etc/sysconfig/google.xml with read only access.

Okay so can you tell me exactly (or attach) those modules you have installed and tested, as thats not a "legacy" path, and we can fix that

Oneplus device?

I knew id seen "my bigball" path before, a dev friend who has a debloat module recently added it for certain devices....he had to add it to the path list for his module

(these are all mount points under /system or SAR (System As Root)

arMountPointList="/product /vendor /system_ext /india /my_bigball"

can you also try these 2 commands (in a terminal or via adb shell) and paste the results of each (separately):

Code:
    su -c find /system /system_ext /product /vendor -iname "google.xml" -print

su -c find /system /system_ext /product /vendor /my_bigball -iname "google.xml" -print
    Thank you bro sleep well

okay, i modded the original 1.8.6 (last version i think that worked out of the box for most folks) and my own GMS Doze Simplified.v1.1 zip (only dozes gms, nothing else) to include the newer path

Please remove any existing doze related mod, and then try only one of these at a time, and tell me if either work

If either work, ill put in a request to have the newest version in the 1st post of this page, and on the magisk repo, to have the path added

Note: modded attachments removed to stop people going off on tangents
    Will this module work correctly on oxygen os 13, oneplus 10 pro?

Its a magisk module, flash it and test for yourself, if it doesnt, let us know....also the beauty of magisk modules is that if they dont work theyre largely completely reversible
    Universal GMS Doze

Overview:
    - Optimized and adjusted Google Play services.
    - Support API 23 or later.
    - Support Magisk Live or Custom Recovery installations.

Contents:
    - Base extensions
    module: 1.8.4 (0830)
    code: 184

Credits:
    - @topjohnwu / Magisk - Magisk Module Template
    - @JumboMan / Custom installation script

Extras:
    - Donation: PayPal - LiberaPay
    - Mirror Links: GitHub Releases - Telegram - Index
    - Source Code: GitHub
    Troubleshooting:

- Command-line for check optimization (with add-on installed):
    Code:
    > su
    > gmsc

- Command-line for check optimization (general):
    There's a line written Whitelist (except idle) system apps: and if com.google.android.gms line does not exist it means Google Play services is optimized.
    Code:
    > su
    > dumpsys deviceidle

- Command-line for fix delayed incoming messages issue:
    Code:
    > su
    > cd /data/data
    > find . -type f -name '*gms*' -delete

- Command-line for disable Find My Device:
    Code:
    > su
    > pm disable com.google.android.gms/
    com.google.android.gms.mdm.receivers.MdmDeviceAdminReceiver

Changelog:

v1.8.4
    - Removed redundant script (GMS: Stay with disabling Find My Device only)

v1.8.3
    - Android 12 support
    - Additional boot complete check
    - Multi-User support
    - Set ignore for GMS and IMS WRITE_SETTINGS
    - Minor improvements

v1.8.2
    - Android 11 support
    - Improved installation (Magisk Live and Custom Recovery)
    - Improved patching detections (XML files and conflicting modules)
    - Integrated add-on (run 'gmsc' with superuser rights for check optimization status)
    - Set ignore for GMS and IMS BOOT_COMPLETED
    - Set ignore for GMS and IMS AUTO_START (custom permissions for Oxygen OS)
    - Updated template

v1.8.1
    - Integrated custom recovery installation
    - Added boot logic for search and patch any conflicting modules (if present)
    - Whitelisted IMS and Turbo (this should fixed location crash issue in MIUI)

v1.8.0
    - Initial re-release
    - 100 seconds Magisk Boot Service
    So this is it guys, both of my old machines are totally broken and some parts are get burned. I've no idea to revive it since my money were spent for my primary demands. I've built ±5 beta builds available in the support group (if you want to) but there's no special things since I'm still tinkering with every devices that Find My Device doesn't disabled automatically. Talking/sharing in here or in support group would be a nice place to find other workarounds. I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, also I just want to tell that I'll married soon.

Keep up all of your supports, sorry for the inconveniences.
    Have a nice day!
    New stable build is up!​

This is like a dilemma, where I've to continue this GMS optimization stuff or not. But I got a few ideas lately where my loyal supporters always ask about GMS optimization and this is the answer. I will continue to try to make this module work well, stable, efficiently and of course optimized GMS.
    Please remember to read installation guides on OP, and don't use similar modules or tweaks because I won't know where the issue came from that might one day happens to you. I would like to say Thank You to all my supporters for my simplicity-oriented-usability project.
    Happy flashing :fingers-crossed:
    GL-DP wishes you Happy Eid Mubarak
    and
    Here's the Stable Update!​

I've made a lot of changes regarding I'll stop/drop supports or works for optimizing GMS. Now I'm starting to focus to prevent unnecessary GMS running in the background with my own modified services in hope for getting better battery life. Please note that I'm not referred you to use similar modules while reporting any issues you've faced of. So I can check whether the wrong is from my module or in your ends.

While the ponds is starting to dry, don't forget that the ponds will stay wet when the rain comes.
    Happy flashing! :fingers-crossed: