[MODULE] Universal GMS Doze

Search This thread

73sydney

I don't want to disappoint you, but I tried both modules I found on github, and they all go green when I disconnect from the internet, so hopefully there will be a new patch that can fix this in the future, and I want to thank you for your help over the last two days, bro. I apologize for bothering you so much.

I modded the ones from github, theyre attached to my last post...maybe you missed that i said id already modded them, as both a test, and possibly (if they work) a stopgap....

Reactions: yassine2217

yassine2217

May 22, 2011
Casablanca
OnePlus 9 Pro
then you my friend, have a possessed device and should seek the assistance of the nearest exorcist :)

i cant think what else to try sorry, maybe someone else will chime in a theory at some point, im just working off available data
your funny bro 😂 thank you again maybe i call Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz and Egon Spengler (Ghostbuster) 😂

Reactions: 73sydney

eried1

May 27, 2016
Stockholm
I have reoccurring problems installing apps via Google Play. Latest version 1.88.

Works fine with wifi, not data. Don't know if it's related to this module.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2013
OnePlus 8T
I'm facing this issue. Android 13 and using the latest version if universal GMs dose
Screenshot_2022-12-11-23-43-09-72_84d3000e3f4017145260f7618db1d683.jpg

73sydney

I'm facing this issue. Android 13 and using the latest version if universal GMs dose
View attachment 5782757

Which device? Its not enough to just say "it doesnt work" :)

its highly likely the current official one hasnt been updated to include newer paths as mine has, i also submitted a request to have the paths added . You can see soem of the paths (/india /my_bigball) discussed on the prevuious page:

here what you can try, in order of least fiddling to most:

1) Please feel free to try my simplified version (the original method - includes all known paths):

OR

2) from a temrinal prompt (or adb shell conencted to PC):

Code:
su
find / -name google.xml -maxdepth 4 2> /dev/null

then go here:

if none of the paths found appear in lines 40 or 41, unzip the module, and edit customize.sh to add the root path - the first folder in the return from the above find command - not the entire path found, anywhere before the -type, then zip the module back up, and try flashing via Magisk Manager again

Note: my module uses the MMT-EXT, so if you try and edit that one, the paths are in \common\install
line 1, anywhere before the -not (i exclude a path)

Last edited:

gamersfan

Oct 11, 2017
Kyiv
I find another way, how to not ruin notifications.
Create file 123.sh at data/adb/service.d (magisk autostart dir)
Write here:
sleep 20
su -c pm enable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService

This will start google service IntentOperation while system start, and module will turn it off after 100 seconds.

UPD: there was 20 seconds sleep delay at my phone, but in your case value can be different.
If you use low sleep parameter, IntentOperation service won't start, if you use very high parameter - all google service will load, and command will not take affect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycidias and rodken

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
Last time and I'll leave ya'll to it. If u have a spare few bucks get FKM's Naptime. Yeah is a bit old but he does tweak when needed...as he did for his Doze Google Gms for A12/13. Get the paid ver. and it includes this Magisk mod. and you also gain general thu advanced control of every doze function/option. U can even adjust how often and how long the wifi maintenance cycle lasts for it to send any notifs, sms msgs, etc. And tons more. If u haven't looked at it in a will...you should. And for even more granular control theres Servicely and BBS is updated and look excellent at ever. Using all of them may (or may not :rolleyes:) put u out a few bux but using all with root = win! Js....I can try to help out if u get in too deep...but it's fairly straight foward if you familiar with doze etc! His google module is pretty much tied into Naptine I think. Biggest hint is make sure that only naptime is handling ur doze and battery saving tweaks and all should be cool...Think aosp rom is best but is pretty flexible imo. :unsure:

Last edited:

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Which device? Its not enough to just say "it doesnt work" :)

its highly likely the current official one hasnt been updated to include newer paths as mine has, i also submitted a request to have the paths added . You can see soem of the paths (/india /my_bigball) discussed on the prevuious page:

here what you can try, in order of least fiddling to most:

1) Please feel free to try my simplified version (the original method - includes all known paths):

OR

2) from a temrinal prompt (or adb shell conencted to PC):

Code:
su
find / -name google.xml -maxdepth 4 2> /dev/null

then go here:

if none of the paths found appear in lines 40 or 41, unzip the module, and edit customize.sh to add the root path - the first folder in the return from the above find command - not the entire path found, anywhere before the -type, then zip the module back up, and try flashing via Magisk Manager again

Note: my module uses the MMT-EXT, so if you try and edit that one, the paths are in \common\install
line 1, anywhere before the -not (i exclude a path)
Edited your install.sh to include my_heytap folder
Yet, Google play services is not optimized

Device: Oneplus 9 Pro/OxygenOS 13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal GMS Doze

Overview:
    - Optimized and adjusted Google Play services.
    - Support API 23 or later.
    - Support Magisk Live or Custom Recovery installations.

Contents:
    - Base extensions
    module: 1.8.4 (0830)
    code: 184

Credits:
    - @topjohnwu / Magisk - Magisk Module Template
    - @JumboMan / Custom installation script

Extras:
    - Donation: PayPal - LiberaPay
    - Mirror Links: GitHub Releases - Telegram - Index
    - Source Code: GitHub
    Troubleshooting:

- Command-line for check optimization (with add-on installed):
    Code:
    > su
    > gmsc

- Command-line for check optimization (general):
    There's a line written Whitelist (except idle) system apps: and if com.google.android.gms line does not exist it means Google Play services is optimized.
    Code:
    > su
    > dumpsys deviceidle

- Command-line for fix delayed incoming messages issue:
    Code:
    > su
    > cd /data/data
    > find . -type f -name '*gms*' -delete

- Command-line for disable Find My Device:
    Code:
    > su
    > pm disable com.google.android.gms/
    com.google.android.gms.mdm.receivers.MdmDeviceAdminReceiver

Changelog:

v1.8.4
    - Removed redundant script (GMS: Stay with disabling Find My Device only)

v1.8.3
    - Android 12 support
    - Additional boot complete check
    - Multi-User support
    - Set ignore for GMS and IMS WRITE_SETTINGS
    - Minor improvements

v1.8.2
    - Android 11 support
    - Improved installation (Magisk Live and Custom Recovery)
    - Improved patching detections (XML files and conflicting modules)
    - Integrated add-on (run 'gmsc' with superuser rights for check optimization status)
    - Set ignore for GMS and IMS BOOT_COMPLETED
    - Set ignore for GMS and IMS AUTO_START (custom permissions for Oxygen OS)
    - Updated template

v1.8.1
    - Integrated custom recovery installation
    - Added boot logic for search and patch any conflicting modules (if present)
    - Whitelisted IMS and Turbo (this should fixed location crash issue in MIUI)

v1.8.0
    - Initial re-release
    - 100 seconds Magisk Boot Service
    So this is it guys, both of my old machines are totally broken and some parts are get burned. I've no idea to revive it since my money were spent for my primary demands. I've built ±5 beta builds available in the support group (if you want to) but there's no special things since I'm still tinkering with every devices that Find My Device doesn't disabled automatically. Talking/sharing in here or in support group would be a nice place to find other workarounds. I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, also I just want to tell that I'll married soon.

Keep up all of your supports, sorry for the inconveniences.
    Have a nice day!
    New stable build is up!​

This is like a dilemma, where I've to continue this GMS optimization stuff or not. But I got a few ideas lately where my loyal supporters always ask about GMS optimization and this is the answer. I will continue to try to make this module work well, stable, efficiently and of course optimized GMS.
    Please remember to read installation guides on OP, and don't use similar modules or tweaks because I won't know where the issue came from that might one day happens to you. I would like to say Thank You to all my supporters for my simplicity-oriented-usability project.
    Happy flashing :fingers-crossed:
    GL-DP wishes you Happy Eid Mubarak
    and
    Here's the Stable Update!​

I've made a lot of changes regarding I'll stop/drop supports or works for optimizing GMS. Now I'm starting to focus to prevent unnecessary GMS running in the background with my own modified services in hope for getting better battery life. Please note that I'm not referred you to use similar modules while reporting any issues you've faced of. So I can check whether the wrong is from my module or in your ends.

While the ponds is starting to dry, don't forget that the ponds will stay wet when the rain comes.
    Happy flashing! :fingers-crossed: