[MODULE] Universal GMS Doze

Search This thread

hawk81

Jan 30, 2012
Moscow
Miui 12, android 10. Module 1.8.2 Messages do not come or come if the phone is unlocked with a long delay. I read the forum and did the following:
1. Cleared the date of applications
2. installed a fix from the first posts.
3 Excluded apps from battery optimization. Messages arrive with a delay. What else can I do?

darkstar73

May 27, 2013
Google Pixel 6a
Miui 12, android 10. Module 1.8.2 Messages do not come or come if the phone is unlocked with a long delay. I read the forum and did the following:
1. Cleared the date of applications
2. installed a fix from the first posts.
3 Excluded apps from battery optimization. Messages arrive with a delay. What else can I do?

I have the same issue. The fix in the OP doesn't work. The only thing that fixes the issue for me is removing the module.

-CALIBAN666-

So,after many days and tests i can say.....this is one of the usefullest thing ever for battery,the very best thing is that the options that i must NOT disable the device security administration apps after reboot and(ive test it for days) my battery lives nearly 3 hours longer,great work.Cheers!!!

Edit:
I never have issues with everything,rock stable.

Reactions: gloeyisk

f4ww4z

Jun 3, 2018
Question: how can I check if this module is installed? So I flashed Magisk in TWRP first, then universalGMSdoze v1.8.2 straightaway (without rebooting) and now my device is stuck in boot loop. I can fix the boot loop but whenever I flash Magisk the boot loop appears again. So now I don't have magisk installed (otherwise it will boot loop again), and I'm not sure if this module is installed.

Also, how can I install both from the state I'm in?

Android 11 Pixel 2 EvolutionX 5.1

Last edited:

gloeyisk

Jun 17, 2017
Cimahi
Question: how can I check if this module is installed? So I flashed Magisk in TWRP first, then universalGMSdoze v1.8.2 straightaway (without rebooting) and now my device is stuck in boot loop. I can fix the boot loop but whenever I flash Magisk the boot loop appears again. So now I don't have magisk installed (otherwise it will boot loop again), and I'm not sure if this module is installed.

Also, how can I install both from the state I'm in?

Android 11 Pixel 2 EvolutionX 5.1

I assuming you don't have Magisk installed at this moment so the module is not installed. You still need Magisk for this module to be installed, but the installation is support in 2 ways, either from Magisk Manager or any custom recoveries (e.g. TWRP).
Regarding your issue (bootloop), better to ask some support to your device/ROM maintainer, record some logs or whatever is necessary, and after you get Magisk properly installed, you can try to install the module once again.

Reactions: pjadec and JumboMan

f4ww4z

Jun 3, 2018
I assuming you don't have Magisk installed at this moment so the module is not installed. You still need Magisk for this module to be installed, but the installation is support in 2 ways, either from Magisk Manager or any custom recoveries (e.g. TWRP).
Regarding your issue (bootloop), better to ask some support to your device/ROM maintainer, record some logs or whatever is necessary, and after you get Magisk properly installed, you can try to install the module once again.

Yeah I ended up reinstalling the custom rom, then Magisk, then flashed this mod using Magisk. Thanks

CobalTitan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal GMS Doze

Overview
    - Patches Google Play services app and certain processes/services to be able to use battery optimization
    - Support API 23 or later

Download Links (Archives):
    -
    GitHub Releases
    - Mediafire
    - MEGA
    - SourceForge
    - Telegram

Credits:
    - @topjohnwu
    Magisk - Magisk Module Template
    - @MrCarb0n
    Script / syntax helper

Extras:
    - Donation: PayPal - LiberaPay - Ko-fi
    - Source Code: GitHub
    Troubleshooting

- Command-line for check optimization (with add-on installed):
    Code:
    > su
    > gmsc

- Command-line for check optimization (general):
    There's a line written Whitelist (except idle) system apps: and if com.google.android.gms line does not exist it means Google Play services is optimized.
    Code:
    > su
    > dumpsys deviceidle

- Command-line for fix delayed incoming messages issue:
    Code:
    > su
    > cd /data/data
    > find . -type f -name '*gms*' -delete

- Command-line for disable Find My Device:
    Code:
    > su
    > pm disable com.google.android.gms/
    com.google.android.gms.mdm.receivers.MdmDeviceAdminReceiver

Change Log

Android 14 support
    Fixed synchronization for Location Sharing and Play Games

- v1.8.8
    A long-awaited hotfix
    Addresses script that caused patching XML gone wrong
    Raised Magisk Boot Service to 100 seconds

- v1.8.7
    Android 13 support
    Added GMS to battery optimization and disabled another components
    Fixed broken API checking and Multi-User support
    Moved to inbuilt (Magisk) BusyBox
    Improved pre-boot conflict fixer and proper boot script execution
    Improved superuser checking method and used cmd flag arguments
    Improved XML patching logic
    Minimized root path checking depth
    Revived overall code quality and syntax
    Rewrite GMS state checker bin

- v1.8.6
    Added /system_ext detection support
    Improved patching detections (Allow to revoke location permissions)

- v1.8.5
    Added updateJson support
    Improved patching detections (XML files)

v1.8.4
    - Removed redundant script (GMS: Stay with disabling Find My Device only)

- v1.8.3
    Android 12 support
    Additional boot complete check
    Multi-User support
    Set ignore for GMS and IMS WRITE_SETTINGS
    Minor improvements

- v1.8.2
    Android 11 support
    Improved installation (Magisk Live and Custom Recovery)
    Improved patching detections (XML files and conflicting modules)
    Integrated add-on (run 'gmsc' with superuser rights for check optimization status)
    Set ignore for GMS and IMS BOOT_COMPLETED
    Set ignore for GMS and IMS AUTO_START (custom permissions for Oxygen OS)
    Updated template

- v1.8.1
    Integrated custom recovery installation
    Added boot logic for search and patch any conflicting modules (if present)
    Whitelisted IMS and Turbo (this should fixed location crash issue in MIUI)

- v1.8.0
    Initial re-release
    100 seconds Magisk Boot Service
    So this is it guys, both of my old machines are totally broken and some parts are get burned. I've no idea to revive it since my money were spent for my primary demands. I've built ±5 beta builds available in the support group (if you want to) but there's no special things since I'm still tinkering with every devices that Find My Device doesn't disabled automatically. Talking/sharing in here or in support group would be a nice place to find other workarounds. I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, also I just want to tell that I'll married soon.

Keep up all of your supports, sorry for the inconveniences.
    Have a nice day!
    New stable build is up!​

This is like a dilemma, where I've to continue this GMS optimization stuff or not. But I got a few ideas lately where my loyal supporters always ask about GMS optimization and this is the answer. I will continue to try to make this module work well, stable, efficiently and of course optimized GMS.
    Please remember to read installation guides on OP, and don't use similar modules or tweaks because I won't know where the issue came from that might one day happens to you. I would like to say Thank You to all my supporters for my simplicity-oriented-usability project.
    Happy flashing :fingers-crossed:
    GL-DP wishes you Happy Eid Mubarak
    and
    Here's the Stable Update!​

I've made a lot of changes regarding I'll stop/drop supports or works for optimizing GMS. Now I'm starting to focus to prevent unnecessary GMS running in the background with my own modified services in hope for getting better battery life. Please note that I'm not referred you to use similar modules while reporting any issues you've faced of. So I can check whether the wrong is from my module or in your ends.

While the ponds is starting to dry, don't forget that the ponds will stay wet when the rain comes.
    Happy flashing! :fingers-crossed: