[MODULE][v1.1] Max Resolution for YouTube | Unlock 2K (and 4K in compatible devices)

Search This thread

Deic

Feb 4, 2012
Madrid
www.xiaomiadictos.com
Unlock 2K resolution on all devices and 4K on supported ones. Based on this XDA article.

Requeriments

*if not 720p as minimum, you can from terminal emulator run this (Thanks @DodoGTA | post)
Code:
su -c wm size 720x1280

How to
Test resolution in this video.

Before
YouTube-1080p-Pixel.png

After
YouTube-4K-Pixel.png

Links
Source code

Attachments

• max-resolution-youtube-v1.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 15,871
  • max-resolution-youtube-v1.1.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 29,304
Last edited:

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
Thanks for that first of all. Do you know if it's compatible with YouTube Mods, I'm using IYTBP Module for adfree and Background Playback for example but the Resolution didn't go up on my Shield K1 after activating the module. I know 4k isn't possible but 2k shoult at least show up.

Gesendet von meinem SHIELD Tablet K1 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: anuragrajuv

Deic

Feb 4, 2012
Madrid
www.xiaomiadictos.com
Thanks for that first of all. Do you know if it's compatible with YouTube Mods, I'm using IYTBP Module for adfree and Background Playback for example but the Resolution didn't go up on my Shield K1 after activating the module. I know 4k isn't possible but 2k shoult at least show up.

Did you try the same video in regular YouTube app?

Shished

Nov 8, 2016

It works with latest iYTBP
https://i.imgur.com/V9QDvEI.jpg

Reactions: D-m-x

D-m-x

Apr 28, 2011
Germany
Good to know, thanks. Maybe it's a problem with the shield Tablet, I suspect so.

ebrijesh

Feb 1, 2017
Using bacon RR ,and of mod of magisk.
Can't see more that 1440

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

smohanv

Nov 5, 2006
Higham, Rochester, Kent
Should the script line sys.display-size=3840x2160 be found in build.prop after flashing and restarting the device right?

I don't see this script line in build.prop hence manually added.

Still could not see higher resolution than 1440. May be LG G5 doesn't support 4k videos.

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Should the script line sys.display-size=3840x2160 be found in build.prop after flashing and restarting the device right?

I don't see this script line in build.prop hence manually added.

Still could not see higher resolution than 1440. May be LG G5 doesn't support 4k videos.

Magisk (resetprop) doesn't add, remove or change anything in build.prop, it merely loads whatever value from the resetprop command to system.

Use getprop in a terminal emulator to see if the proper value is loaded.
Code:
getprop sys.display-size

smohanv

Nov 5, 2006
Higham, Rochester, Kent
Magisk (resetprop) doesn't add, remove or change anything in build.prop, it merely loads whatever value from the resetprop command to system.

Use getprop in a terminal emulator to see if the proper value is loaded.
Code:
getprop sys.display-size

Thanks. I removed sys.display line that I added to buil.prop and run getprop command returns 3840x2160. I can confirm that magisk set the display values when device starts..

Last edited:

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 4
Huawei Nexus 6P

BruceLetto

Jun 21, 2017
is it possible to set a resolution as the default resolution for every video? Always switching to 1080p is anoying. Had an xposed module to get this set.

DaveX2012

Jun 30, 2012
Thanks. Working on S7 with YT background music player.
d9d7edde93a185f3242f314c6e983447.jpg

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock 2K resolution on all devices and 4K on supported ones. Based on this XDA article.

Requeriments

*if not 720p as minimum, you can from terminal emulator run this (Thanks @DodoGTA | post)
    Code:
    su -c wm size 720x1280

How to
    Test resolution in this video.

Before
    YouTube-1080p-Pixel.png

After
    YouTube-4K-Pixel.png

Links
    Source code
    Same way
    Copying zip to temp directory
    ! Installation failed

I don't usually do this, but I'm curious if it'll work for you and @Deic have not been active for some time...
    A little note: That "wm" command causes some issues, like not being able to capture a screenshot and smaller UI elements

I know, but the screenshot problem I didn't knew, but the smaller UI is fixed setting a bigger density with "wm density", anyway doing "wm size reset" restore the default resolution.

Please update this for android 8...thanks :)