• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE v17.x] VoLTE & VoWiFi Enabler (2018-09-20)

Search This thread

fays91

Jan 4, 2012
Paris
Build Manager

Here is a more complete magisk module that I created based on VoEnabler and RAM management fixes by crok
I add and modify a lot of lines and optimizing the build.prop without having more magisk modules.

Remove module
-VoEnabler
-RAM management fixes by crok

Install
Build Manager

GitHub:
https://github.com/pmspr4100/Build-Manager

Attachments

• Build-Manager-v1.5.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,751
Last edited:

Eggstones

Nov 21, 2016
OnePlus 8
Here is a more complete magisk module that I created based on VoEnabler and RAM management fixes by crok
I add and modify a lot of lines and optimizing the build.prop without having more magisk modules.

Remove module
-VoEnabler
-RAM management fixes by crok

Install
Build Manager

GitHub:
https://github.com/pmspr4100/Build-Manager
Does this work on any phone or just specific? Version 1.7 of the enabler seems to have switched on volte (it's shows as enabled on IMS status) but not vowifi. I suspect that the OnePlus 3t (my phone) might need the logkit to fully activate it as the toggles are greyed out in lineage 17.1.

fays91

Jan 4, 2012
Paris
Does this work on any phone or just specific? Version 1.7 of the enabler seems to have switched on volte (it's shows as enabled on IMS status) but not vowifi. I suspect that the OnePlus 3t (my phone) might need the logkit to fully activate it as the toggles are greyed out in lineage 17.1.

Thank you for testing on the github with the gray lines and the mobile it will be added in the module

Build Manager : AOSP / MIUI
Android 9 & 10'

Apx1

Apr 5, 2020
Bayern
Wificall Congstar

Hello is there a module for HTC U11 Dual Sim with Android 9 - Stock where Wificall works with Congstar Sim? (Volte works).

leobahlis

Nov 14, 2018
Here is the VoEnabler 1.6 zip that works with my redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 11 version 20.4.1 Android Q.

GitHub VoEnabler https://github.com/edgd1er/voenabler

## Changelog
-2020-04-04 (v1.8): Update Module & Test devices
-2020-04-04 (v1.7): Update VoLTE & WoWIFI & RCS
-2020-02-02 (v1.6): Update template for Magisk v20.x
-2019-04-05 (v1.5): Update template for Magisk v19.x
-2018-11-25 (v1.4): Removed some white space that may cause issues.
-2018-09-19 (v1.3): Update template for Magisk v17.x
-2018-04-09 (v1.2): Update template for Magisk v15.x
-2017-08-02 (v1.1): Removed "persist.data.iwlan.enable=true" as this was reported to break WiFi calling on some carriers.
-2017-08-01 (v1): Switched from using service.sh to system.prop
-2017-07-31 (Beta): Initial commit.

hi, i have a mi9t and in my carrier it dont work the VoLTE (in Brazil they only work with samsung phones...)
this module changes something more than enable volte?
sorry for beeing noob and thks for helping

Lucius Snow

May 10, 2009
Hello and thanks for your work.

I've installed your module Build Manager v1.5 in Magisk and I can see "VOLTE Provisioned" and "Vowifi Calling Provisioned" toggled on inside the menu given by dialing *#*#4636#*#*. It looks good.

However, when I try to call. It switchs from 4G to 3G+ everytime despite the VOLTE option is checked in the system menu.

And I have no idea if the VoWifi is working or not because If I enable airplane mode and then enable Wifi and Wifi calls, it asks to disable airplane to continue.

Can you help me please? My phone is a LG G5 (H850) rooted, running Oreo.

Thank you very much.

Feb 23, 2021
This worked perfectly for me. Pixel 2xl on Rogers network. After enabling wi-fi calling on the carrier's side there was not a toggle for wi-fi calling on the phone. This module installed and created a wi-fi calling toggle. Switched it on and re-booted the phone. Made a call and confirmed I was on wi-fi calling as top of the screen shows handset icon with wi-fi arches progressing outward from it. Thank so much for this.

Reactions: Full House

beatletwo457

May 28, 2021
OnePlus 2
HI i a oneplus 2 with lineage os 17.1 although the os does not support it on this specific device is there a way to enable volte with this or any other way i would really appreciate the help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: This module was a trial. The results seem to indicate that there is significantly more work to do to enable VoWiFi or VoLTE.
    I will leave this module up for anyone interested in enabling the options, but please be aware it will not make these features work.

VoEnabler
    This module edits build.prop to enable VoLTE & VoWiFi features on your device.
    Download via Magisk Manager or from GitHub.

Important:
    This module will not add VoLTE/VoWiFi support to a device that doesn't already support it.
    The module will not add VoLTE/VoWiFi support to a carrier that doesn't already support it.

Notes: 2017/08/01
    I've changed the module from VoLTE Enabler to VoEnabler and added VoWiFi options. I was going to split them into different modules, but I don't think there's really a point. If you want one you probably want the other and if your device doesn't know what the options are then it should ignore them anyway.
    Suggestions: I'd remove the "VoLTE Enabler" module before installing this because the options are the same, but even if you didn't, it won't cause problems.

What did I change?
    Code:
    # Debug Options
    persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1 
    persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1 
    persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
    persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
    persist.radio.rat_on=combine
    persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
    persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
    persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

Why?
    My carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi but not on my device. I made this module to forcefully enable it to test if it worked (it hasn't so far).

The only reason I've published this is to give others the chance to try. It may very well do nothing at all. If no one reports success, then I'll update the topic and ask the mods to lock it.
    As I understand it, VoLTE and VoWiFi both require carrier side support anyway. Next step would be to see if it's possible to get the settings from compatible devices and see if it's still possible to make a module.
    If anyone has any to add or suggestions for doing this, please let me know.

I'm not going to be providing any support for this because I'm not convinced it even works, but your mileage may vary. *shrug*

Credits:
    @topjohnwu for Magisk. Especially the documentation and templates.
    @shadowstep because I used his Enable Call Recording module as reference.
    @fards for some additional build.prop values.

Last updated: 2018/09/20
    2018-09-19 (v1.3): Update template for Magisk v17.x and removed post attachments. Please check Magisk Manager or GitHub for downloads.
    2017-08-16: Updated post to reflect that this module will enable the options, but won't make them work. Leaving module up for anyone who wishes to experiment.
    2017-08-02 (v1.1): Removed "persist.data.iwlan.enable=true" as this was reported to break WiFi calling on some carriers.
    2017-08-01 (v1): Renamed to VoEnabler and added VoWiFi options. Replaced attachment.
    2017-07-31 (Beta): Initial commit.
    My post in a OnePlus Topic related to the same topic here:

In the past I was able to develop a mod for the Pixel XL 1 which enabled VoLTE for a Carrier which doesn't support VoLTE on this phone. A Few things to mention:
    -The mcfg.mbn file is totally necessary, it enables VoLTE on the modem level, if the right sim card is inserted. Which means, that only carriers which have a proper mcfg.mbn file on the OP will support VoLTE. That's where my mod kicked in on the Pixel XL 1. I've copied the mcfg.mbn file from Deutsche Telekom which does support VoLTE and replaced the default one with that and boom it worked. However, there are some parameters like the FQDN of the ePDG which is configured in the mcfg.mbn and therefore we would need a mbn editor.
    -The build.prop mod does activate VoLTE and VoWiFi on OS Level

I've created a Magisk Module for the Pixel XL 2 which does basically the same, but it doesn't work unfortunately. It looks like Google changed some things

I'm certain, that with some support from OnePlus we would get it working for some more carriers, there could be for example an option in the settings to force enable VoLTE on modem / OS Level. Btw. I've ordered a OnePlus 6, will definitely working on that.

Some additional info:
    The subscription on the carrier side has to be peovisioned for VoLTE, there are some carriers which do that based on the IMEI of the current used smartphone, if this is the case, you could ask your carrier to permanent provision you for VoLTE. My carrier for example has enabled all postpaid subscriptions for VoLTE, so if we get a proper mcfg.mbn set up and replace it with the default, then VoLTE will work.
    I've made.
    Based on 19.0
    tested OP3/T and maybe other device too :)
    Ok, so i managed to make it all work. WiFi Calling works now, i just put all the lines from the module straight into build.prop, and added some more lines. All below. Add to your build.prop, save, reboot ant test. If still no go then you probably need to replace CarrierConfig.apk in /system/priv-app/CarrierConfig/ with one from your carrier's WiFiCalling enabled ROM, odexed or deodexed, depending on the rom you you want to enable VoWiFi on

build.prop additional lines:

persist.sys.cust.lte_config=true
    persist.data.iwlan.enable=true
    persist.lg.data.iwlan.enable=true

#ifdef VENDOR_EDIT
    persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1
    #endif

# Radio Options
    persist.radio.rat_on=combine
    persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1

# applying GPRI auto-commit
    ro.lge.radio_gpri=1
    ro.lge.amrwb_gpri=1

# 2015-10-12 [email protected] LGP_DATA_IWLAN [START]
    persist.lg.data.iwlan=1
    persist.lg.data.iwlan.ipsec.ap=1
    # 2015-10-12 [email protected] LGP_DATA_IWLAN [END]

And to to back it up... Some screenshots of WiFi Calling working on Fulmics ROM 1.6. Nottice ability to make phone calls via WiFi with airplane mode ON. Airplane mode indicated on status bar :)
    Can u give me that buildprop lines that you modified?! I'm also on P.

First, jump into settings and under apns make sure you have "IMs.apn" or something similar. If so, then use a root explorer, jump to system, mount as r/w, find buildprop, and at very bottom, just under the last line of the category"additional settings" add

persist.sys.cust.lte_config=true
    persist.radio.volte.dan_support=true
    persist.data.iwlan=1
    persist.data.iwlan.enable=true

persist.data.iwlan.ipsec.ap=1

Ps- give it some me time and if no apn exists with that name, call your service provider and ask them to push the settings. If that doesn't work, can try something else...just pm me