[MODULE v17.x] VoLTE & VoWiFi Enabler (2018-09-20)

Search This thread

Iron_rebel

Feb 7, 2015
Not working on my device (Samsung galaxy J5 SM-J500 F)
I am using Resurrection remix rom (unofficial).

AndroBuddy007

Feb 11, 2017
Durgapur
Well I don't think the module worked out because I didn't get any new options in settings. BTW my rom already supports Volte but no option for Vowifi or wifi calling.

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
Confirmed working on Oreo bullhead

I was pulling my hair out because my carrier supports volte and said they don't support my phone. I found a flashable for nougat that did the same but was s.o.l for Oreo until I happened on this thread. Thanks op. May I link fellow bullhead users here ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171024-233843.png
    Screenshot_20171024-233843.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 1,429

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
Update: This module was a trial. The results seem to indicate that there is significantly more work to do to enable VoWiFi or VoLTE.
I will leave this module up for anyone interested in enabling the options, but please be aware it will not make these features work.

VoEnabler
This module edits build.prop to enable VoLTE & VoWiFi features on your device.

Important:
This module will not add VoLTE/VoWiFi support to a device that doesn't already support it.
The module will not add VoLTE/VoWiFi support to a carrier that doesn't already support it.

Notes: 2017/08/01
I've changed the module from VoLTE Enabler to VoEnabler and added VoWiFi options. I was going to split them into different modules, but I don't think there's really a point. If you want one you probably want the other and if your device doesn't know what the options are then it should ignore them anyway.
Suggestions: I'd remove the "VoLTE Enabler" module before installing this because the options are the same, but even if you didn't, it won't cause problems.

What did I change?
Code:
# Debug Options
persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1 
persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1 
persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
persist.radio.rat_on=combine
persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

Why?
My carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi but not on my device. I made this module to forcefully enable it to test if it worked (it hasn't so far).

The only reason I've published this is to give others the chance to try. It may very well do nothing at all. If no one reports success, then I'll update the topic and ask the mods to lock it.
As I understand it, VoLTE and VoWiFi both require carrier side support anyway. Next step would be to see if it's possible to get the settings from compatible devices and see if it's still possible to make a module.
If anyone has any to add or suggestions for doing this, please let me know.

I'm not going to be providing any support for this because I'm not convinced it even works, but your mileage may vary. *shrug*

Credits:
@topjohnwu for Magisk. Especially the documentation and templates.
@shadowstep because I used his Enable Call Recording module as reference.
@fards for some additional build.prop values.

Last updated: 2017/08/02
2017-08-16: Updated post to reflect that this module will enable the options, but won't make them work. Leaving module up for anyone who wishes to experiment.
2017-08-02 (v1.1): Removed "persist.data.iwlan.enable=true" as this was reported to break WiFi calling on some carriers.
2017-08-01 (v1): Renamed to VoEnabler and added VoWiFi options. Replaced attachment.
2017-07-31 (Beta): Initial commit.

For OP,there are similar flashable zip mods floating around out there. I managed to get one to work on my bullhead but only for nougat. I did notice and imporvement in call quality and that the options to enable voice over lte appeared under network settings where it hadn't been before.

Your mod appears to have done the same for me on oreo.

In any case, check out the mod from nougat. Maybe it'll help you?

Link to mod:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7BpURZcxGtZaTB3UU8zZmt4Wms?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

OK I suppose our builds are different, I don't see any of that. Thanks anyway.

It'll be under network - cellular options

Enhanced voice over data or something similar

Reactions: Mecca EL
I installed this on my Nexus 5X with Oreo, all options are there, but...

As I read on my operator's web, both sides need VoLTE device, otherwise call will be connected via 2G nettwork.
Also "In addition to the basic support of VoLTE technology, the firmware of the phone must also include settings that allow the use of VoLTE in a specific network of a specific operator."
(and VoLTE calls needs to be activated on the user side via operator's call centrum)

So, I can't use it :(

Mecca EL

Dec 26, 2014
Raleigh
OnePlus 5T
Update: This module was a trial. The results seem to indicate that there is significantly more work to do to enable VoWiFi or VoLTE.
I will leave this module up for anyone interested in enabling the options, but please be aware it will not make these features work.

VoEnabler

Important:
This module will not add VoLTE/VoWiFi support to a device that doesn't already support it.
The module will not add VoLTE/VoWiFi support to a carrier that doesn't already support it.

I've changed the module from VoLTE Enabler to VoEnabler and added VoWiFi options. I was going to split them into different modules, but I don't think there's really a point. If you want one you probably want the other and if your device doesn't know what the options are then it should ignore them anyway.
Suggestions: I'd remove the "VoLTE Enabler" module before installing this because the options are the same, but even if you didn't, it won't cause problems.

What did I change?

For OP,there are similar flashable zip mods floating around out there. I managed to get one to work on my bullhead but only for nougat. I did notice and imporvement in call quality and that the options to enable voice over lte appeared under network settings where it hadn't been before.

Link to mod:

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Do I install this using Magisk or custom recovery?

ToucanSam

Feb 24, 2010

Link to mod:

Just for reference, the mod you've linked to includes some drivers. This one does not. This one only modifies the build.prop.
I suspect the linked one probably isn't systemless so your mileage may vary. Also your Nexus 5X (no one calls devices by codename in regular discussion?) device runs stock so it's probably more compatible with mods like this than 500 different devices with various modifications.

For anyone who wants to try it, feel free, but be prepared to reflash your ROM if it breaks something. IE, keep a copy of your ROM on your device so you can reflash with TWRP. :)

Reactions: Xdevillived666

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
Just for reference, the mod you've linked to includes some drivers. This one does not. This one only modifies the build.prop.
I suspect the linked one probably isn't systemless so your mileage may vary. Also your Nexus 5X (no one calls devices by codename in regular discussion?) device runs stock so it's probably more compatible with mods like this than 500 different devices with various modifications.

For anyone who wants to try it, feel free, but be prepared to reflash your ROM if it breaks something. IE, keep a copy of your ROM on your device so you can reflash with TWRP. :)
I just say bullhead because I'm used to doing **** via afh. Sorry. In any case , there are Moto ones as well that work fairly well ,and all the users so far are reporting at worst a soft boot loop. Thanks goodness, right?lol

ToucanSam

Feb 24, 2010
I just say bullhead because I'm used to doing **** via afh. Sorry. In any case , there are Moto ones as well that work fairly well ,and all the users so far are reporting at worst a soft boot loop. Thanks goodness, right?lol

I know my own device codenames. That's about it. :)

If I get some free time I'll have a play and see what happens. I've got a cheeseburger now (OnePlus 5 ;) ) so will see if it's compatible with OOS.
Was planning on switching to Lineage at some point anyway.

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
I know my own device codenames. That's about it. :)

If I get some free time I'll have a play and see what happens. I've got a cheeseburger now (OnePlus 5 ;) ) so will see if it's compatible with OOS.
Was planning on switching to Lineage at some point anyway.
Good luck! I saw a post about editing the buildprop to enable volte on the older OnePlus devices. Might work for yours :)

Ramdevsinh007

Jun 12, 2015
GANDHIDHAM
Not work for my device

I m from The India. My phone is elephone p9000 and carrier is Jio 4G. My Carrier providing me VoLTE service but my phone doesn't support VoLTE . Thats why i installed this file but its doesn't work , it is just added option of volte in network setting in my phone. But really it is not working..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

VoEnabler
    Download via Magisk Manager or from GitHub.

Important:

What did I change?
    Code:
    # Debug Options

# Radio Options

Why?
    My carrier supports VoLTE/VoWiFi but not on my device. I made this module to forcefully enable it to test if it worked (it hasn't so far).

The only reason I've published this is to give others the chance to try. It may very well do nothing at all. If no one reports success, then I'll update the topic and ask the mods to lock it.
    As I understand it, VoLTE and VoWiFi both require carrier side support anyway. Next step would be to see if it's possible to get the settings from compatible devices and see if it's still possible to make a module.
    If anyone has any to add or suggestions for doing this, please let me know.

I'm not going to be providing any support for this because I'm not convinced it even works, but your mileage may vary. *shrug*

Credits:
    @topjohnwu for Magisk. Especially the documentation and templates.
    @shadowstep because I used his Enable Call Recording module as reference.
    @fards for some additional build.prop values.

Last updated: 2018/09/20
    2018-09-19 (v1.3): Update template for Magisk v17.x and removed post attachments. Please check Magisk Manager or GitHub for downloads.
    2017-08-16: Updated post to reflect that this module will enable the options, but won't make them work. Leaving module up for anyone who wishes to experiment.
    2017-08-02 (v1.1): Removed "persist.data.iwlan.enable=true" as this was reported to break WiFi calling on some carriers.
    2017-08-01 (v1): Renamed to VoEnabler and added VoWiFi options. Replaced attachment.
    2017-07-31 (Beta): Initial commit.
    My post in a OnePlus Topic related to the same topic here:

In the past I was able to develop a mod for the Pixel XL 1 which enabled VoLTE for a Carrier which doesn't support VoLTE on this phone. A Few things to mention:
    -The mcfg.mbn file is totally necessary, it enables VoLTE on the modem level, if the right sim card is inserted. Which means, that only carriers which have a proper mcfg.mbn file on the OP will support VoLTE. That's where my mod kicked in on the Pixel XL 1. I've copied the mcfg.mbn file from Deutsche Telekom which does support VoLTE and replaced the default one with that and boom it worked. However, there are some parameters like the FQDN of the ePDG which is configured in the mcfg.mbn and therefore we would need a mbn editor.
    -The build.prop mod does activate VoLTE and VoWiFi on OS Level

I've created a Magisk Module for the Pixel XL 2 which does basically the same, but it doesn't work unfortunately. It looks like Google changed some things

I'm certain, that with some support from OnePlus we would get it working for some more carriers, there could be for example an option in the settings to force enable VoLTE on modem / OS Level. Btw. I've ordered a OnePlus 6, will definitely working on that.

Some additional info:
    The subscription on the carrier side has to be peovisioned for VoLTE, there are some carriers which do that based on the IMEI of the current used smartphone, if this is the case, you could ask your carrier to permanent provision you for VoLTE. My carrier for example has enabled all postpaid subscriptions for VoLTE, so if we get a proper mcfg.mbn set up and replace it with the default, then VoLTE will work.
    I've made.
    Based on 19.0
    tested OP3/T and maybe other device too :)
    Ok, so i managed to make it all work. WiFi Calling works now, i just put all the lines from the module straight into build.prop, and added some more lines. All below. Add to your build.prop, save, reboot ant test. If still no go then you probably need to replace CarrierConfig.apk in /system/priv-app/CarrierConfig/ with one from your carrier's WiFiCalling enabled ROM, odexed or deodexed, depending on the rom you you want to enable VoWiFi on

build.prop additional lines:

persist.sys.cust.lte_config=true
    persist.data.iwlan.enable=true
    persist.lg.data.iwlan.enable=true

#ifdef VENDOR_EDIT
    #endif

# Radio Options

# applying GPRI auto-commit
    ro.lge.radio_gpri=1
    ro.lge.amrwb_gpri=1

# 2015-10-12 protocol-iwlan@lge.com LGP_DATA_IWLAN [START]
    persist.lg.data.iwlan=1
    persist.lg.data.iwlan.ipsec.ap=1
    # 2015-10-12 protocol-iwlan@lge.com LGP_DATA_IWLAN [END]

And to to back it up... Some screenshots of WiFi Calling working on Fulmics ROM 1.6. Nottice ability to make phone calls via WiFi with airplane mode ON. Airplane mode indicated on status bar :)
    Can u give me that buildprop lines that you modified?! I'm also on P.

First, jump into settings and under apns make sure you have "IMs.apn" or something similar. If so, then use a root explorer, jump to system, mount as r/w, find buildprop, and at very bottom, just under the last line of the category"additional settings" add

persist.sys.cust.lte_config=true
    persist.radio.volte.dan_support=true
    persist.data.iwlan=1
    persist.data.iwlan.enable=true

persist.data.iwlan.ipsec.ap=1

Ps- give it some me time and if no apn exists with that name, call your service provider and ask them to push the settings. If that doesn't work, can try something else...just pm me