• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] Volume Steps Increase (for Magisk v10+)

Search This thread
This module doubles the number of steps in volume adjustment for both media and in-call volume.

WARNING: Apparently doesn't work on all devices, for example OnePlus 3 according to this.

Attachments

• Volume_Steps_Increase-10.0.0.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 5,930
  • Volume_Steps_Increase-11.0.0.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 6,639
  • Volume_Steps_Increase-14.0.0.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 22,912
Last edited:

Bettik

Jun 22, 2013
Thanks for the module. It's got a funny bump going louder until the middle of the scale, then getting suddenly significantly quieter again and going louder until the end, for media playback.

laggardkernel

Dec 1, 2016
Just a reminder for those who encounter problems. ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=14
ro.config.media_vol_steps=30 won't work for all devices, such as OnePlus 3, at least on its official OxygenOS.

Once you change your media volume steps from default 15 to the 30, using the script above which is included in the module, on your OnePlus 3. The steps are increased, while it's just a loop. The volume drop back to the lowest again at the 16th step and totally silent at some steps bigger than 20.

BTW, the xposed module VolumeSteps+ won't work on OnePlus 3 either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deic and stangri

chjun90

Feb 27, 2014
changes couldn't be reseted after removing the system.prop or the module. Any thing to do?

i do that many times. i have removed the module days ago, but the chages still on my phone. i found the bug in all the modules with system.prop not only yours. thinking it's bugs of magisk v11.1.
Would be great if you had created an issue against Magisk on github then. Probably uninstalling magisk (from recovery) and re-installing it would start you with a clean slate.

Alternatively, there're unofficial builds of the next-gen magisk available, maybe they would fix the issue.

chjun90

Feb 27, 2014
Would be great if you had created an issue against Magisk on github then. Probably uninstalling magisk (from recovery) and re-installing it would start you with a clean slate.

Alternatively, there're unofficial builds of the next-gen magisk available, maybe they would fix the issue.
i had

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170329-105542.png
    Screenshot_20170329-105542.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 897
  • Screenshot_20170329-105554.png
    Screenshot_20170329-105554.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 920

ahrion

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2013
As evident from the screenshots below it works fine.
Care to post link to the github issue where 11.6 has broken system.prop support?
I had the same issue with my mods, removing system.prop fixed this issues. 11.6 broke resetprop for certain people. I don't see any issues on the GitHub for magisk, but I know this is an issue because me on my own mods and others have reported this same issue. I've tested it and that's what I have found.

It doesn't happen to all phones but I think it's a magisk issue with resetprop, something that was not an issue in 11.5.

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
I had the same issue with my mods, removing system.prop fixed this issues. 11.6 broke resetprop for certain people. I don't see any issues on the GitHub for magisk, but I know this is an issue because me on my own mods and others have reported this same issue. I've tested it and that's what I have found.

It doesn't happen to all phones but I think it's a magisk issue with resetprop, something that was not an issue in 11.5.

I think you're making way to large assumptions here. From my experience, there's no issue with resetprop. This module and many others I've tried and use on v11.6, that utilises system.prop and resetprop work just fine.

Yes, when I tested your module my device wouldn't boot unless I removed the system.prop from the audmodlib. But I don't think that had anything to do with the system.prop itself, but rather what you'd put in it...

ahrion

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2013
I think you're making way to large assumptions here. From my experience, there's no issue with resetprop. This module and many others I've tried and use on v11.6, that utilises system.prop and resetprop work just fine.

Yes, when I tested your module my device wouldn't boot unless I removed the system.prop from the audmodlib. But I don't think that had anything to do with the system.prop itself, but rather what you'd put in it...
I'm not making assumptions. I'm literally telling you what issues I've experienced with my 9 modules and I'm not the only one It worked before 11.5/11.6 until I removed system.prop, which was the issue. The issue itself was not present before on previous versions. This was happening for me when upgrading to 11.6.

This is a reproduceable issue that was introduced once resetprop changes were introduced in 11.5/11.6 which did not occur before then, with the same exact zips updated to v3 module template. If you check the magisk release notes it CLEARLY states he made changes to resetprop. Which obviously confirms what I'm saying now.

Audmodlib lib has literally nothing in it that would bootloop your device. All it does is copy your system files into its own magisk folder. Nothing else. It makes ZERO edits to those files if you look at the code. The additional mods that edit audmodlib are what make edits to your existing device code.

I was just seeing if we could figure out a solution to this issue and to pinpoint why this is happening.

Last edited:
I'm not making assumptions. I'm literally telling you what issues I've experienced with my 9 modules and I'm not the only one It worked before 11.5/11.6 until I removed system.prop, which was the issue. The issue itself was not present before on previous versions. This was happening for me when upgrading to 11.6.

This is a reproduceable issue that was introduced once resetprop changes were introduced in 11.5/11.6 which did not occur before then, with the same exact zips updated to v3 module template. If you check the magisk release notes it CLEARLY states he made changes to resetprop. Which obviously confirms what I'm saying now.

Audmodlib lib has literally nothing in it that would bootloop your device. All it does is copy your system files into its own magisk folder. Nothing else. It makes ZERO edits to those files if you look at the code. The additional mods that edit audmodlib are what make edits to your existing device code.

I was just seeing if we could figure out a solution to this issue and to pinpoint why this is happening.

I get it that you're trying to promote use of your own audmodlib template over the standard magisk template. Have you personally tried using *this* module *without* any other borked/broken modules? If so, please list the HW/SW (ROM, kernel, magisk and magisk manager versions, list of installed modules) combination which results in a bootloop.

PS. This is not a support thread for other broken modules.

Top Liked Posts