• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] Volume Steps Increase (for Magisk v10+)

Search This thread

bluenote73

Jan 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
@stangri I want to add audo.safemode.bypass=true (from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/co..._warning_on_60_using/?st=j79pqr17&sh=bfda6b89 )

But I just edited your module to add it, disabling the old one, and renaming my zip slightly. Now it looks like I have the old one installed, and I can't tell for certain whether mine has taken effect. I guess to make mine unique I have to find some metadata in the zip somewhere and edit that, can you tell me if there's anything else I need to do to do this safely and without headaches?

thanks

@stangri I want to add audo.safemode.bypass=true (from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/co..._warning_on_60_using/?st=j79pqr17&sh=bfda6b89 )

But I just edited your module to add it, disabling the old one, and renaming my zip slightly. Now it looks like I have the old one installed, and I can't tell for certain whether mine has taken effect. I guess to make mine unique I have to find some metadata in the zip somewhere and edit that, can you tell me if there's anything else I need to do to do this safely and without headaches?

thanks

Attached has been migrated to newest magisk template and has audo.safemode.bypass=true. Please test and post back if it works.

Attachments

• Volume_Steps_Increase-master.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 384
Reactions: [email protected]

bluenote73

Jan 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Attached has been migrated to newest magisk template and has audo.safemode.bypass=true. Please test and post back if it works.

Hey, thanks for this. I did have my frankenstein version working so it should work, but there was a typo in my message - "audio" not "audo",
and it looks there's a minor replacement in your file "audio.safemedia.bypass" - the one that works for me is "audio.safemode.bypass"
I haven't tested that other value, but for sure "audio.safemode.bypass=true" is working for me currently, so I think that's what you meant to put in your system.prop.

thanks

Reactions: stangri
Hey, thanks for this. I did have my frankenstein version working so it should work, but there was a typo in my message - "audio" not "audo",
and it looks there's a minor replacement in your file "audio.safemedia.bypass" - the one that works for me is "audio.safemode.bypass"
I haven't tested that other value, but for sure "audio.safemode.bypass=true" is working for me currently, so I think that's what you meant to put in your system.prop.

thanks

Oops, I didn't notice the difference, but I've actually used the setting from reddit (audio.safemedia.bypass=true) in the module. ;)

Reactions: bluenote73

bluenote73

Jan 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Oops, I didn't notice the difference, but I've actually used the setting from reddit (audio.safemedia.bypass=true) in the module. ;)

Thanks! I deleted my modded module, applied yours, plugged in some headphones and adjusted volume, no warning. So my testing wasn't extensive, but I think we're good. Ignore my comment about the other value, I don't know where that came from.

Sensonic

Dec 11, 2007
Hellsinki
Seems to work just OK with my Zopo Speed 8 :)

However, if I'd ever like to uninstall this, is there an uninstall zip available somewhere?
I.e. how do I uninstall this?

vinicentus

Jun 30, 2016
Just a reminder for those who encounter problems. ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=14
ro.config.media_vol_steps=30 won't work for all devices, such as OnePlus 3, at least on its official OxygenOS.

Once you change your media volume steps from default 15 to the 30, using the script above which is included in the module, on your OnePlus 3. The steps are increased, while it's just a loop. The volume drop back to the lowest again at the 16th step and totally silent at some steps bigger than 20.

BTW, the xposed module VolumeSteps+ won't work on OnePlus 3 either.

Seems to me like it changes volume only every other step. Tested using OP3T with magisk v14

Last edited:

voshchronos

Mar 14, 2016
What about adding the option to increase the steps even further, i.e. to 50 steps, like the way the GravityBox XPosed module lets you.

Flare_91

Oct 10, 2012
Taranto
Tried on Xiaomi mi A1 with latest update .30 and magisk 14.x it's working only the multimedia tab, ringtone and allarm still as stock

Last edited:

Axolord

Oct 9, 2017
After installing the module, my music app doesn't work correctly; only if i stop start the music, i hear anything and if I change the volume, the there is no more sound. Again, stopping and starting the music works.
After deinstallation the steps went back to 15, but the bug still persists.
Removing Magisk didn't help either.

Any suggestions?

Greetings

Edit:
The problem was actually my ROM, with the Magisk Module was everything okay.
Sorry!

Last edited:

twilightened

Feb 21, 2018
I can verify that this module works for Lenovo K6 Note. It is also possible to modify the module and increase the volume steps to 100 (which I did).

twilightened

Feb 21, 2018
The module works for me, but only when I am using the 3.5 audio jack earphones. Whenever I connect a bluetooth earphone, the volume buttons on my device (the phone) does not change bluetooth volume. However, if I touch the onscreen volume slider, I can actually change the volume of my bluetooth headset. The buttons on the headset also work. This problem disappears whenever I disable the mod.

Edit: I have resolved my problem by upgrading to Nougat and "disabling absolute volume" in developer options. Now I have precise volume control in both headphone jack and bluetooth, which is great.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts