• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] Volume Steps Increase (for Magisk v10+)

Search This thread

domdp

Feb 15, 2018
install module

Hi guys,
i have the same problem with my xiaomi mi a1. Just a question.
Can i install this module without root? i have the stock firmware (android one).

Thanks.

bick

Nov 29, 2007
Gloucester, UK
Hi stangri
After changing my volume steps to anything above 15, I get two sets of volume control.
Say I set it to 60 steps, I get 15 steps of zero to full volume, then another 60 steps of zero to full volume!

Any ideas?

HTC10 Stock Nougat
Works OK if i use a custom ROM with volume steps in the settings.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Hi guys,
Can i install this module without root? i have the stock firmware (android one).

Thanks.
It run through Magisk which is a rooting program, so yes you do need to be rooted.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Hi guys,

Thanks.
It run through Magisk which is a rooting program, so yes you do need to be rooted.

mrmark75

Feb 17, 2011
Muskego
Which version are you using? 16.0 from op? Does it by pass safety net?

Using Magisk v16 with volume step increase v14.0.0 and it does pass safety net. Just open Magisk click hamburger go to downloads and search for volume step increase and install it. I only changed my media volume because Nexus default only had 6 steps and with headphones on I could never get a decent volume.

Last edited:
Reactions: EnIXmA

drakor007

Nov 17, 2013
Magisk 16+, LOS 15.1 on mido

Unfortunately it doesn't work on my Xiaomi Note 4 (snapdragon) - mido with latest LOS 15.1 and Magisk 16.4 (treble)
I had to edit build.prop file for 30 volume steps:

ro.config.media_vol_steps=30

BUT it was worked on previous versions of android 7.1/8.0

MZGSZM

Oct 7, 2017
I loved the idea of this module, but it does not appear to work on my OnePlus 5 with OxygenOS. Currently on 5.1.2, based on 8.1.0 Oreo.

seniug

Jan 27, 2018
Question. This won't increase the volume? Volume 1 with 15 steps will be louder than volume 1 with 30 steps?

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018
Attached has been migrated to newest magisk template and has audo.safemode.bypass=true. Please test and post back if it works.

Hello. This version has worked on my Mi4c, Nitrogen OS Oreo, Magisk v16 - 5.7.0 (115). The one on the download page didn't work :(

Thank you for the working version x

Yozak

Mar 15, 2017
@stangri Can you update this module to the latest template? The newer versions of magisk only support modules made for v15+.

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018
Hello. The above works for me thank you x Like above. I'm on Mi4c, Nitrogen OS Oreo, Magisk v16 - updated 5.8.0 (125).

Can there be support for all the other rockers please. Ringer, notification, alarm etc.

Last edited:

LoaderFabi

Hello. The above works for me thank you x Like above. I'm on Mi4c, Nitrogen OS Oreo, Magisk v16 - updated 5.8.0 (125).

Can there be support for all the other rockers please. Ringer, notification, alarm etc.

So... You want 30 steps on the others aswell, right?
The call slider is raised from 7 to 14, idk if more will work, but I can look into it...

Nope... No obvious way to edit Vol Step Number on Notification and Alarm...

Last edited:

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018
Hello. Yes please if possible. The small number of steps is awful :( Thanks again for the mod. Resurrection ROM on MI4C has max steps available to select from on all sounds but it's running on android 7.0.

Correction. I'm on CarbonROM. Sorry. I forgot I changed from Nitrogen ROM :eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts