• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] Volume Steps Increase (for Magisk v10+)

Search This thread

CyberBeaR

Mar 22, 2013
Awww, too bad I'm running an Samsung S7 Stock! I really miss these extra steps,

Windows Mobile had 30 steps too, I loved it, but Android... It's just ludicrous the difference between Silent - Step 1 - Step 2!

Great work! The community really needed this :)

Reactions: little Mike01

JimZiii

May 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S9
Yee. Just waiting for TopJohnWu to add it to the repo. Lets see how long its gonna take... I should open the Thread maybe xD

Edit: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-aosp-volume-steps-increase-t3843492

The mod in this thread worked on my phone before updating magisk a while back but the mod you linked isnt working, I'm not on a AOSP rom tho. I'm on honor 8 stock 8.0 (EMUI)
Did you take the same mod and just update it to magisk 17 or did you change anything else? This is the only way I found to remove the high volume warning so if you can, please help me get this working

LoaderFabi

The mod in this thread worked on my phone before updating magisk a while back but the mod you linked isnt working, I'm not on a AOSP rom tho. I'm on honor 8 stock 8.0 (EMUI)
Did you take the same mod and just update it to magisk 17 or did you change anything else? This is the only way I found to remove the high volume warning so if you can, please help me get this working

EMUI is modifing AudioService.jar, can't do anything about.
I cloud, if the file would be open source. Afaik its not. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I took the Module and added the Build Prop edits. Not using the V14 template anymore

Last edited:

marisaleh

Sep 22, 2009
Installed the latest module in magisk 17.1 on nougut 7.1.1
it seems to increase volume steps but it also seems to
break screen cast. ie screen casting stopped working.

I wonder why.

It finds the mirror but it fails to connect.

LoaderFabi

Thank you very much, but where do I find this line
or do I have to enter it somewhere

You got me Wrong.
The line is added by Module in the Build.prop. And I would blame this entry to Break such Feature, but I can't confirm.
To remove the line, Download the zip, and remove the line from Module (Its just a Text-File, dunno which one rn).
As sat, I won't gurantee it to be working.

marisaleh

Sep 22, 2009
You got me Wrong.
The line is added by Module in the Build.prop. And I would blame this entry to Break such Feature, but I can't confirm.
To remove the line, Download the zip, and remove the line from Module (Its just a Text-File, dunno which one rn).
As sat, I won't gurantee it to be working.

l now have managed to edit the module and have removed
the line from it.

I then installed it but the problem is still there ie
it still broke casting

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts