• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] Volume Steps± Magisk (17++)

Search This thread

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
@Didgeridoohan
>> You can do that easily with the resetprop tool and a simple boot script.

Could you give an example? The documentation on those pages is very sparse. Do I need to use "sed" to replace existing lines in the script or how does it work?

You create a general boot script (as mentioned in the link I posted), preferably in service.d (but if that doesn't work, switch to post-fs-data.d). In the file you put the resetprop commands to set the new prop values (one for each prop):
Code:
resetprop <prop> <value>

Reactions: ands2

janii

Feb 28, 2010
Here's a current version I've put together and tested on a stock/GSI Android 10 with Magisk 20.4: https://github.com/bladeSk/magisk-volume-steps

It's a super simple Magisk module that adds the right values to system props. It sets media volume steps to 30, but you can easily customize this to any value if you follow the readme.

Tested on my Realme X2 Pro stock Realme UI rom. Works perfectly. Also customized. Thank you

hugseli

Aug 12, 2008
Here's a current version I've put together and tested on a stock/GSI Android 10 with Magisk 20.4: https://github.com/bladeSk/magisk-volume-steps

It's a super simple Magisk module that adds the right values to system props. It sets media volume steps to 30, but you can easily customize this to any value if you follow the readme.

May I ask for help?! I tried to install the zip file in magisk 20.0 and it failed, said "this is not a magisk module".
???
Thanks for any help - this volume step restriction in android is such a dumb thing, unbelievable...
Cheers, hugseli

bebop80

May 10, 2014
Varese
In the main page online you have to download the file which is in the "releases" section on the right side of the page and click on the file. Zip

Try and let us know ???

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
OK,,,,

I got a question that has probably been talked about and answered to death, but I have to ask,

Is there any way that notification & ring volume can be set to different steps? I don't care if they need to be linked together or not, my ROM has a separation tick, if that matters or not.

Is it possible?

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Just did a reinstall and magisk 22 this won't install, version 1.39 on Android Q Los 17.1

Duh nevermind! I forgot it was the github version, guess my notes were off,

Last edited:

RahFah

Jun 14, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

tualka

Apr 28, 2021
Hello, I'm already desperate. I tried your newest magisk module, but nothing changed in my prop file. Even when I edit my vendor/default.prop, or built.prop file with that line, nothing happened. My slider has still 15 steps. When I use samsung sound assistand and have increased steps, the slider is moving slowly, but sound doesn't change by every step. Please help me with this. I have Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android 10, rooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello i completly remaked and upgraded old do not working module for new Magisk 17++.

Warning, dont work with Magisk 19++
    Version for 19++ is fixed by DessertArbiter here:
    https://github.com/DessertArbiter/Volume-Steps-Plus---Magisk-Module/releases/latest

My new name for this module is Volume Steps Plus for Magisk.

With this module you can change number of volume steps fo Call or Media how you want.
    Preset is 25 for media and 10 for In-Call volume steps.

You need have instaled Magisk 17.0++.
    And maybe (i am not sure), if this module don't work for you, try install BusyBox module for Magisk.

Command for edit values in terminal is:
    su
    VoSte
    Must be write like you see. Uppercase V and S.

Important: If you have already installed older version when 1.2.0 or other Steps Plus module by some else, you must remove older version i Magisk frst.

Versions changelog and news:
    Last version:
    Version 1.3.0-1.3.9
    • Module code optimalization and fixes
    • Support reboot from module
    • To select in menu you have multiple options for one function ect- 1/a/A
    • write Q for exit from module script
    • if you write wrong value for apply, you can write new again
    • some little changes in texts

Older versions:

Version 1.2.0 - 1.2.5
    • Bugs fixes
    • Compatibility for Magisk GitHub Module Repo
    • Better stability for same android versions what have problems with older versions

Version 1.1.2
    • fixed instructioms for use

Version 1.1.1
    • just few little fixes, nothing big
    • edit of module style
    • added selection: q - for Exit

Version 1.0.0
    • Initial release.
    • You can change count of steps for Medial or Call Volume.
    • Preset is Media 25 and In-Call 10 volume steps.

fixed for Magisk 19+

i submitted a pull request, in the meantime you can download it here

edit: updated to fix "command not found"

magisk uses binpath folder now, so instead of manually choosing bin location magisk will automatically choose based on the ROM, so the command should work now
    Hey. It is very sad that now this module does not work. How else can I change the volume steps now?

All the module did was to change these props:
    Code:
    ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=10
    ro.config.media_vol_steps=25
    audio.safemedia.bypass=true
    You can do that easily with the resetprop tool and a simple boot script.
    I can't download the file

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 5 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka