[Module] X8MDDI - no more MDDI lags! | X8 | X10 mini | X10 mini pro | v001 | 28-04-11

Search This thread

doixanh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 23, 2011
Rom cookers: if you include this module in your ROM, please make a link to this post in your release post, so your users can know how to work with it and update the module themselves

Intro
Perhaps all of you know that all of our custom ROMs are laggy. It lags every 5 to 7 seconds. Fps2d clearly shows that.
dmesg shows that also:
<3>[ 182.427293] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
<3>[ 182.431286] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
<3>[ 182.435279] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
<3>[ 182.439271] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
<3>[ 182.439299] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
<3>[ 182.439331] mddi_host_register_read - failed to get data from client<6>MDDI: Toshiba HVGA: MDDI read timeout/error

So what to do? It seems that the stock driver is buggy for custom ROMs.

I've been working with those stupid lags for some days, and now, here it is my friends :) No more stupid MDDI lags :)
attachment.php

Release history
April 28 v001. Release for x10 mini & x10 mini pro. Source published.
April 27 v001. First version.

Source is provided at github : https://github.com/doixanh/X8Features Feel free to contribute / improve the modules :)

Requirements
- Rooted
- Latest baseband (xxx015)
- Some basic knowledge

Instruction for manual installation:
- Remount /system as rw, either with adb or with root explorer
- Download attached file, unzip, push x8mddi.ko to /system/lib/modules
- Change hw_config.sh in your /system/etc, add this code at the beginning
Code:
insmod /system/lib/modules/x8mddi.ko      # fix mddi lags
- Push modified hw_config.sh back to your phone, reboot

xRecovery updates:
There are many ROMs and many modules right now. I will not be able to maintain update.zip. You have to follow manual installation above.

x10 mini / x10 mini pro users
I've just uploaded a x10 mini and x10 mini pro version. Test it carefully by manually type insmod /system/lib/modules/x8mddi.ko before applying to hw_config.sh, otherwise you may get boot loop!

FAQs
Q: How to know I installed it correctly?
A: Check with fps2d (free from market) or you can check with this command (in your phone's terminal)
Code:
dmesg | grep x8mddi
If there is some output that means the module is loaded.
Or, more simply, play some games, try some scrolling in menus... It'll be almost no lag.

Q: What's the benefit of this module?
A: You didn't read the above text, did you? It increases your phone's smoothness by eliminating the lag that happens every 5-7 seconds in custom ROMs. It isn't supposed to increase your fps.

Bug reports
When you report a bug please attach the following files:
- /system/etc/hw_config.sh
- A copy of logcat (you can use adb logcat > logcat-bug.txt)
- A copy of live dmesg (you can use adb shell cat /proc/kmsg > dmesg-bug.txt as soon as the device is ready)
Zip 3 files above and attach in to your post. Thanks.

Disclaimer
I'm not responsible if this module damages your lovely phone. Use it at your own risk!

Attachments

• x8mddi-v001.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 8,157
  • x8mddi.png
    x8mddi.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 45,472
  • x8mddi-v001-x10m.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 797
  • x8mddi-v001-x10mp.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 1,354
Last edited:

darrie1

Jan 30, 2011
can you make this for the mini (pro) :)
do you need a specific file for this?

edit: what is this actually?? :p
does it make the phone run smoother?

sorry didnt read your whole post:p

Last edited:

racht

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2010
Oh maaan , u are genius ! :)
Thanks again !

Works great on CM7-54, no lag, no dmesg errors, better battery and smoother gaming !!!

Last edited:

CaptainZap

Dec 31, 2010
Thank you for keeping the X8 scene alive, when everybody struggles to do something you come along and give it in our faces. Great Job man. Will flash ASAP.
EDIT: Just installed it and boy does it speed my rom up.

Last edited:
A

Aiduharan

Omg the whole x8 community lies to ur feet

Sent from my X8 using XDA App

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
Dammit, man, I didn't think you could actually mod anything more, and now this... Many thanks! Booting my phone right now with this new module, I'll see how it works :)

BTW, in your pinch2zoom thread I posted a question of what program should I use to decompile the andrej's module, change the finger detection fuzzyness and compile it again... so, what are you using for compiling those ko files? What language is it?

CaptainZap

Dec 31, 2010
It would be really nice if you'd improve andrej's version of your pinch module by making finger detection a little better so the zoom in/out would be more natural...

Reactions: Graveir and X1111

wujekandrzej

Mar 1, 2011
thanks again for your unbelivable contribution to our community - you're simply great. you make me want to refresh the development section again and again, who knows when the new mod will be released, and what will be the new improvement. doixanh for president! =)

Graveir

Jan 5, 2011
Łódź
i didn't sense any such lag in miniCM 1.0.0 until now
do you think it can be usefull for our best custom ROM too ??

I feel the difference - for example in live wallpapers which seem to have almost stopped lagging. They do, sometimes, of course, especially such advanced as Skyrocket, but in general they seem to lag less, and that's a win ;) Anyway, that's of no importance, since I don't use live wallpapers, but similar enhancement should be visible in games.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rom cookers: if you include this module in your ROM, please make a link to this post in your release post, so your users can know how to work with it and update the module themselves

Intro
    Perhaps all of you know that all of our custom ROMs are laggy. It lags every 5 to 7 seconds. Fps2d clearly shows that.
    dmesg shows that also:
    <3>[ 182.427293] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
    <3>[ 182.431286] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
    <3>[ 182.435279] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
    <3>[ 182.439271] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
    <3>[ 182.439299] Reverse pkt sent, no data rxd
    <3>[ 182.439331] mddi_host_register_read - failed to get data from client<6>MDDI: Toshiba HVGA: MDDI read timeout/error

So what to do? It seems that the stock driver is buggy for custom ROMs.

I've been working with those stupid lags for some days, and now, here it is my friends :) No more stupid MDDI lags :)
    attachment.php

Release history
    April 28 v001. Release for x10 mini & x10 mini pro. Source published.
    April 27 v001. First version.

Source is provided at github : https://github.com/doixanh/X8Features Feel free to contribute / improve the modules :)

Requirements
    - Rooted
    - Latest baseband (xxx015)
    - Some basic knowledge

Instruction for manual installation:
    - Remount /system as rw, either with adb or with root explorer
    - Download attached file, unzip, push x8mddi.ko to /system/lib/modules
    - Change hw_config.sh in your /system/etc, add this code at the beginning
    Code:
    insmod /system/lib/modules/x8mddi.ko      # fix mddi lags
    - Push modified hw_config.sh back to your phone, reboot

xRecovery updates:
    There are many ROMs and many modules right now. I will not be able to maintain update.zip. You have to follow manual installation above.

x10 mini / x10 mini pro users
    I've just uploaded a x10 mini and x10 mini pro version. Test it carefully by manually type insmod /system/lib/modules/x8mddi.ko before applying to hw_config.sh, otherwise you may get boot loop!

FAQs
    Q: How to know I installed it correctly?
    A: Check with fps2d (free from market) or you can check with this command (in your phone's terminal)
    Code:
    dmesg | grep x8mddi
    Or, more simply, play some games, try some scrolling in menus... It'll be almost no lag.

Q: What's the benefit of this module?
    A: You didn't read the above text, did you? It increases your phone's smoothness by eliminating the lag that happens every 5-7 seconds in custom ROMs. It isn't supposed to increase your fps.

Bug reports
    When you report a bug please attach the following files:
    - /system/etc/hw_config.sh
    - A copy of logcat (you can use adb logcat > logcat-bug.txt)
    - A copy of live dmesg (you can use adb shell cat /proc/kmsg > dmesg-bug.txt as soon as the device is ready)
    Zip 3 files above and attach in to your post. Thanks.

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible if this module damages your lovely phone. Use it at your own risk!
    You don't need to decompile. I'll get the idea and try to improve :D
    Check with fps2d (free from market) or you can check with this command (in your phone's terminal)

Code:
    dmesg | grep x8mddi

Or, more simply, play some games, try some scrolling in menus... It'll be almost no lag :)
    Both are ok. Everything after "#" is just a comment :D
    This is really neat mate!

It can be useful for the mini also ;)