• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MODULE] xmlpak - install vendor apps directly from the Play Store!

Search This thread

j1505243

Jan 2, 2016
Masovia
Google Nexus 5
LG G2 Mini
This module is my personal time-killer.

(Used to)

MODULE IS NO LONGER UPDATED IN THIS THREAD, USE REPO INSTEAD!

Does it have any flaws?
Definitely. It's aimed only at downloading and installing of vendor apps. Everything besides feature-names and library-names is stripped.
Does not modify the build.prop or anything other than /system/etc/permissions/.
This means that some apps may still not want to be installed, downloaded or launched properly.

What vendors are supported? (Some only partially)
HTC, OnePlus, Essential, Asus, Nokia/HMD Global, Google (lens, dialer, launcher, Daydream, maybe something else), Motorola, BlackBerry, Nextbit, BQ, Sony, Samsung, Cyanogen, Razer, NVIDIA, Acer.

Any FAQ? :(
After reboot, wait. Or not. Play Store often isn't too hasty in terms of compatibility detection. If you want to be quicker and don't want to say something about not working module, reset Play Store and Play Store Services data + reboot again. And if you are somehow on Marshmallow, you may even need to wipe the whole data.

Do I have any wish? Definitely!
First. Please don't post it on the main page of xda. We don't want it to be patched.
Second. Be cooperative. If you have a problem (other than app crashing) or suggestion, feel free to post it. I'd gladly look into logs of failed app installations or your packed /etc/permissions/ & /etc/sysconfig/ folders from your exotic device, if it has an access to some exclusive apps.
If you want some help, got some feedback or just want to be up to date: you may join here – https://t.me/joinchat/FyoBiEnx3VoMCr7yVCxELQ

Do I like some specific apps?
Yup. Xperia Weather, Xperia Launcher are one of the best vendor apps of their type.

XDA:DevDB Information
[MODULE] xmlpak - install vendor apps directly from the Play Store!, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
j1505243, All the OEM devs, Makers of system image unpackers

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 2.7
Beta Release Date: 2017-11-07

Created 2017-11-07
Last Updated 2018-09-12

Attachments

• 9HInCvD.jpg
    9HInCvD.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 38,237
  • nUBXXq5.png
    nUBXXq5.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 37,857
  • yMrYsIu.jpg
    yMrYsIu.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 37,402
  • iumyGVs.jpg
    iumyGVs.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 34,399
  • doUeldB.jpg
    doUeldB.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 33,741
  • Ema5iny.png
    Ema5iny.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 33,549
  • xmlpak_module_1_5.zip
    26.1 KB · Views: 3,509
  • xmlpak_module_1_6.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 504
  • xmlpak_module_1_7.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 293
  • xmlpak_module_1_8.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 504
  • xmlpak_module_1_9.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 379
  • xmlpak_module_2_0.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 452
  • xmlpak_module_2_1.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 502
  • xmlpak_module_2_2.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 972
  • xmlpak_module_2_3.zip
    34.6 KB · Views: 342
  • xmlpak_module_2_4.zip
    34.6 KB · Views: 4,228
  • xmlpak_module_2_5.zip
    34 KB · Views: 2,097
  • xmlpak_module_2_6.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,657
  • xmlpak_module_2_7.zip
    43 KB · Views: 15,867
Last edited:

JD. A

Sep 9, 2013
Working in rn3 pro pixel port. Only problem is that wifi cannot be enabled with module enabled. I tried uninstalling it and wifi works again.

j1505243

Jan 2, 2016
Masovia
Google Nexus 5
LG G2 Mini
Working in rn3 pro pixel port. Only problem is that wifi cannot be enabled with module enabled. I tried uninstalling it and wifi works again.

It may be a coincidence, a lame ROM or whatever.
You can:
Describe how the impossibility looks like (grayed-out toggle? bouncing toggle?).
Try a data wipe.
Capture some logs.
Copypaste few xmls manually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This module is my personal time-killer.

(Used to)

MODULE IS NO LONGER UPDATED IN THIS THREAD, USE REPO INSTEAD!

Does it have any flaws?
    Definitely. It's aimed only at downloading and installing of vendor apps. Everything besides feature-names and library-names is stripped.
    Does not modify the build.prop or anything other than /system/etc/permissions/.
    This means that some apps may still not want to be installed, downloaded or launched properly.

What vendors are supported? (Some only partially)
    HTC, OnePlus, Essential, Asus, Nokia/HMD Global, Google (lens, dialer, launcher, Daydream, maybe something else), Motorola, BlackBerry, Nextbit, BQ, Sony, Samsung, Cyanogen, Razer, NVIDIA, Acer.

Any FAQ? :(
    After reboot, wait. Or not. Play Store often isn't too hasty in terms of compatibility detection. If you want to be quicker and don't want to say something about not working module, reset Play Store and Play Store Services data + reboot again. And if you are somehow on Marshmallow, you may even need to wipe the whole data.

Do I have any wish? Definitely!
    First. Please don't post it on the main page of xda. We don't want it to be patched.
    Second. Be cooperative. If you have a problem (other than app crashing) or suggestion, feel free to post it. I'd gladly look into logs of failed app installations or your packed /etc/permissions/ & /etc/sysconfig/ folders from your exotic device, if it has an access to some exclusive apps.
    If you want some help, got some feedback or just want to be up to date: you may join here – https://t.me/joinchat/FyoBiEnx3VoMCr7yVCxELQ

Do I like some specific apps?
    Yup. Xperia Weather, Xperia Launcher are one of the best vendor apps of their type.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MODULE] xmlpak - install vendor apps directly from the Play Store!, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
    j1505243, All the OEM devs, Makers of system image unpackers

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2.7
    Beta Release Date: 2017-11-07

Created 2017-11-07
    Last Updated 2018-09-12
    I cant see this module from magisk manager downloads anymore.
    Latest magisk 19.1

topjohnwu has removed all modules from the repository that don't use the new template. It's up to @j1505243 to update the module and submit it again.

I uploaded the current build (v3.3) to this post but I can't be sure if it works with Magisk 19+.
    2.6 released with Substratum fix :>
    Thanks, my life is now complete
    How to uninstall this module? i've got bootloop removing it from magisk manager

(xda search is broken, please re-answer if it's already...)

If you have TWRP you can use Magisk Manager for Recovery Mode (mm). Flash the zip, run "mm" from the terminal and follow the instructions.

If anything else fails you can always uninstall Magisk and start fresh.