Question Moisture in port?

Search This thread

Billabomb75

Hi all,I am unable to charge my phone cause it detects that i have moisture in my port. My phone wasnt exposed to any water in the last week to 2 weeks.

I have tried to reset my phone. I have cleared the cache if the usb setting thing. I have taken a piece of toilet paper and cleaned it..

Its been stuck on this since 4 am this morning

Does anyone know how to fix it ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-27 at 3.10.06 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-27 at 3.10.06 PM.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 48

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Try gently cleaning it with an old toothbrush and a little anhydrous isopropyl alcohol. Allow to dry completely. Try a different cable.
Could be firmware corruption (SEU) or a port pcb failure, but probably not.

Billabomb75

Try gently cleaning it with an old toothbrush and a little anhydrous isopropyl alcohol. Allow to dry completely. Try a different cable.
Well thanks yeah that seems like that did it.. What i did was took some hand sanitizer (the one I have has like 90% alocohol in) with an old toothbrush and scrubbed the inside. After that took a hair dryer to blow it dry. after that it still showed the moisture icon.. so I gave it water. then dried it again. Restarted my phone a bunch of times with the cable plugged in and then the error cleared...

Costed a whole reset as well... which is fine..

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Well thanks yeah that seems like that did it.. What i did was took some hand sanitizer (the one I have has like 90% alocohol in) with an old toothbrush and scrubbed the inside. After that took a hair dryer to blow it dry. after that it still showed the moisture icon.. so I gave it water. then dried it again. Restarted my phone a bunch of times with the cable plugged in and then the error cleared...

Yay! Water, the universal solvent but always use RO or distilled water.
Buy some anhydrous isopropyl alcohol. Details matter. I would have used a blower bulb or very low pressure compressed air; you don't want to damage or breached the weather seal on the port.

Factory resets are rarely needed or advisable; find the root cause and correct it.
Factory reset for malware that can't be removed or the damage it caused. If it takes more than an hour or two to remove the malware, nuke it.
Boot loops.
Setting changes caused by 3rd party apps (or you) that you can't reverse. Most times they can be fixed but it can be a pain.
After a major firmware upgrade (which I never do).
A Single Event Upset, very rare but they can happen
Always try clearing the system cache before resorting to a factory reset for minor glitches.

Billabomb75

Well its back again. So I will send in my phone to Samsung to fix the issue. If they can't imma take it up with the telecomms company i got it on contract with.

I have reseted my phone... and there is litterally no apps on it so yea...

I have queried it with Samsung. They said the solution would be to take it to a authorised dealer for repairs..

I mean the phone is litterally 2 months old.

I also noticed the last like 3 weeks it doesnt fast charge at all anymore.. I have a fast wireless charger that works on my step brothers s20 Ultra and on my phone its just normal wireless charging. So I wonder if the pcb got hurt or something. Cause I did fly to my mom.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Well its back again. So I will send in my phone to Samsung to fix the issue. If they can't imma take it up with the telecomms company i got it on contract with.

I have queried it with Samsung. They said the solution would be to take it to a authorised dealer for repairs..

I also noticed the last like 3 weeks it doesnt fast charge at all anymore.. I have a fast wireless charger that works on my step brothers s20 Ultra and on my phone its just normal wireless charging. So I wonder if the pcb got hurt or something. Cause I did fly to my mom.
Might be a C port PCB failure. You did the right thing by sending it in. It's too new for this kind on nonsense.

Billabomb75

So received the June Security patch.. Seems like it fixed the issue..
See attachments (I haven't let ampere run for a while if it is charging at a fastcharge)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-30 at 9.36.58 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-30 at 9.36.58 AM.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 21
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-06-30 at 9.37.15 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-30 at 9.37.15 AM.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 21

Top Liked Posts

Might be a C port PCB failure. You did the right thing by sending it in. It's too new for this kind on nonsense.
    Got my phone back 2 weeks ago. Sorry forgot to update.

Yup the charging block plus the cable between the charger block and motherboard got replaced.
    Finally sent my phone in for repairs. Will hear what they have to say. They said its gonna take 2 - 3 working days for assesment.

Yup the charging block plus the cable between the charger block and motherboard got replaced.

Finally sent my phone in for repairs. Will hear what they have to say. They said its gonna take 2 - 3 working days for assesment.