• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [Mojito/Sunny] Install any recovery ADB fastboot | TWRP,..etc

Search This thread

Pasarireng

Sep 10, 2017
Noob questions:

About 'there's no Recovery Partition' anymore;

*Since when (since what time, or since what generation of their phones) do Xiaomi made it to be there's no Recovery Partition anymore in their phones? (Or is it only in Redmi Note 10/series?)

---------
(Ok,..these questions below might be a little bit Out Of Topic, so I'm sorry to ask about them here, please just skip them if you feel it is not appropriate.. I'm just curious to know) ..so...

**Aside of Redmi Note 10, is this also happened to other Xiaomi phones?

***Aside of Xiaomi phones, is this also happened to other/majority of the phone manufacturers too?

****Is this will be 'trend' for Xiaomi (or maybe also for other Android phone manuacturers too) in their phones?

*****Why?

Again, sorry for my noob questions and thank you in advance for anybody who'd like to enlighten me

Last edited:

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Noob questions:

*Since when (since what time, or since what generation of their phones) do Xiaomi made it to be there's no Recovery Partition anymore in their phones? (Or is it only in Redmi Note 10/series?)

---------
(Ok,..these questions below might be a little bit Out Of Topic, so I'm sorry to ask about them here, please just skip them if you feel it is not appropriate.. I'm just curious to know) ..so...

***Aside of Xiaomi phones, is this also happened to other/majority of the phone manufacturers too?

****Is this will be 'trend' for Xiaomi (or maybe also for other Android phone manuacturers too) in their phones?

*****Why?

Again, sorry for my noob questions and thank you in advance for anybody who'd like to enlighten me

it's not new thing but it rare. Just because Xiaomi used A/B parttions as when it did with Mi A3 ... it's not always happening and not a new policy thing by Xiaomi it just did this because it wanted too ...

Most Xiaomi devices even the latest ones have a recovery partition.

Reactions: Pasarireng

Pasarireng

Sep 10, 2017
it's not new thing but it rare. Just because Xiaomi used A/B parttions as when it did with Mi A3 ... it's not always happening and not a new policy thing by Xiaomi it just did this because it wanted too ...

Thanks. Now I have read some articles about it, for example this one and start to understand about it a little better.

Reactions: Abdullah.Csit

its556am

Nov 25, 2021
How do i fix this in TWRP? Everytime i try to flash a custom rom on my phone it says
"Failed to mount */system_root (Block Device Required)"
"Failed to mount */system_ext (Block Device Required)"
"Failed to mount */vendor (Block Device Required)"
"Failed to mount */product (Block Device Required)"
I'm using a SD Card to flash the custom ROM and my phone is Redmi Note 10 can someone help me please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Noob questions:

---------

*****Why?

Thanks. Now I have read some articles about it, for example this one and start to understand about it a little better.

Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-10-Pro-Max.jpg

I'm glad to introduce you the first Guide for Redmi note 10 on XDA community , how to flash custom recovery over stock mi recovery. It's easy and quick detailed guide, Let's start.

Pre-requisites:

1- Unlocked bootloader. ( Check-out )

2- Recovery IMG. (Check links section end-thread)

3- USB debugging enabled:

- Go to settings -> My device -> All specs -> hit build number 7 times till you see message ( you are developer now..)
    - Then go to settings -> Additional settings -> Developers options -> Toggle on "USB debugging".

4- Download Minimal ADB Fastboot & install it.

Steps for PE, Lineage, OrangeFox Recoveries:

1- Download the custom recovery IMG and save it on your PC.
    2- re-name the IMG file to easy name such as: flash_me.img
    3- copy the IMG file to the "Minimal ADB Fastboot" installation Dictionary.
    4- Run "cmd-here.exe" as Administrator.
    5- turn off your device and hold the "volume down + power" to enter fastboot mode.
    6- once you booted in fastboot plug-in your device with usb cable to PC.
    7- type in cmd (Don't use it for TWRP RECOVERY) :

Code:
     fastboot flash boot flash_me.img

This will keep you in fastboot after install done .

Type in cmd:
    Code:
     fastboot reboot

when you hit enter press and hold the volume-UP button till you boot to the recovery otherwise if booted to system you need to repeat steps.

Or you can use this command but not recommend for pe recovery or lineage

Code:
     fastboot boot flash_me.img

this will boot auto to recovery

Note 1: We don't have Recovery partition so we used boot command!

Capture.JPG

• If you installed TWRP recovery you need to follow this step to keep your custom recovery alive and to just such as booted recovery for once then:

A- once you booted to twrp connect the usb to pc and copy the same ".img" file from PC to your device.

B- Go to "Advance -> Install Recovery Ramdisk".

C- select the image you copied. wait to be done.

Note 2: You can re-install (flash) stock Mi recovery at anytime with same steps (You can find it in zip file of stock rom as "boot.img". Or by flash stock rom

Links for Available Recoveries:

TWRP recovery: [RECOVERY] [ALPHA] TeamWin Recovery Project

Orange🍊Fox🦊 Recovery:[OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] OrangeFox Recovery Project [R11.1][mojito][sunny]

• Pe recovery:

• Lineage Recovery download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q9TZFtyOSBezOVc3DXBGQXQCi0hEr6gq/view?usp=sharing

✓ All of them tested by me 🐱
    Guide Updated! (2021.05.19):

- Added new recovery link "Lineage Recovery".

- Add spoilers for extra guides and information, (Focusing on the main steps).

• Tested ✓

| Stay healthy 💖
    Guide Updated! (2021.04.27)

- Added link to the first working TWRP recovery, thanks to @Nebrassy.

- Note 1 Updated for how to find stock recovery. (Mi recovery)

- Get weight lose for note1 (edited) 😃 for why flashing recoveries as boot for our device.
    Guide updated:

- Added new screenshot and replaced with old one. that explain boot guide operation.

-Added new steps for TWRP installation.

Enjoy :)
    Guide Updated:

- Introduce flash recovery as boot recovery guide.

- Added Clarification for flashing recoveries as boot for now.

- Added link to pe recovery.