• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MoltenMotherBoard Projects | General Questions and Info

Search This thread

MoltenMotherBoard

Feb 16, 2013
Rome
twitter.com
FEEL FREE TO DONATE US FOR ALL WE'RE DOING FOR YOU!

Hey guys. This topic aims to be the right place for everyone to talk about every MoltenMotherBoard Team projects.
As in the other threads you can only talk about DEVELOPMENT related topics, we created another thread which contains every needed topic.

So, don't feel worthless, intrusive, stupid! Here're welcomed all kinds of questions, but they have to be related to the team and its projects!

----- Useful contacts:
----- Team components:
Do you want to report an issue? Do it here!
In order to do it, create a new issue, choosing correct labels corrisponding to: Device/OS which you're using, ROM/project you're on, kind of issue.
Also, please, be sure you're running the ROM/project in the exact way we've provided it to you (do not create issues if you're using different
kernel, mod, plugins and dependencies we didn't tell to use).

Last edited:
M

mackief

Hi!
When the AOSP RC3 it's released?
Unfortunately without ItachiSama, the work is slower: we were given each other something to work on. And so on, I'm still working on the camcorder, I have a package ready to be tested with some updates on the camcorder / libstagefright.
Briefly, we don't know when RC3 will be available. If it's not a problem, I would wait for ItachiSama to end exams (Thursday, 28) and to focus on what he was going to fix.

Ergo, okay? Now you can find the current changelog in the AOSP thread: a few fixes and some implementation. If I include changes in the camcorder (still NOT WORKING) and libstagefright, still some implementation. If you're good, I can upload the RC3.

However, tomorrow will ItachiSama an exam, wish him good luck!

Rax Garfield

Nov 11, 2012
Kyiv
init.d on AOSP ICS RC3

I did a fresh install of AOSP ICS 4.0.4 RC3, then installed init.d-supportenabler-test.zip and INT2EXTV2+ through recovery, and rebooted. The system booted, 'mount' through adb shell told me that my second SD partition had been mounted, apps list in settings told me that I had 65MB used and 0,92GB free in my memory, apps were installable alright. However, when I rebooted, there were no mounts and no installed apps.

I wiped data+cache and installed INT2EXT+. Apps are installable with it present, and the second SD partition is mounted during each boot.

So, the init.d-supportenabler patch works.

Sorry for not posting in the development thread, I have not got any posts here yet. :)

M

mackief

I did a fresh install of AOSP ICS 4.0.4 RC3, then installed init.d-supportenabler-test.zip and INT2EXTV2+ through recovery, and rebooted. The system booted, 'mount' through adb shell told me that my second SD partition had been mounted, apps list in settings told me that I had 65MB used and 0,92GB free in my memory, apps were installable alright. However, when I rebooted, there were no mounts and no installed apps.
I wiped data+cache and installed INT2EXT+. Apps are installable with it present, and the second SD partition is mounted during each boot.
So, the init.d-supportenabler patch works.
Sorry for not posting in the development thread, I have not got any posts here yet. :)

Perfect. We'll include it in next release by default so that you shouldn't have any problem. ;)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app

Rax Garfield

Nov 11, 2012
Kyiv
Swap /data and /system

There was a proposal of swapping /data and /system to gain more data space in DebianDroid. I think this can be achieved through applying persistent changes to init.rc, where you have to swap mount points. Install scrips will also require mountpoint changes. [Just a guess, may work or not]

I already foresee problems with Recoveries, which are going to mount new /system as /data and reverse (according to their built-in default values), do wrong wipes etc.

Last edited:
M

mackief

There was a proposal of swapping /data and /system to gain more data space in DebianDroid. I think this can be achieved through applying persistent changes to init.rc, where you have to swap mount points. Install scrips will also require mountpoint changes. [Just a guess, may work or not]

I already foresee problems with Recoveries, which are going to mount new /system as /data and reverse (according to their built-in default values), do wrong wipes etc.
Will work on this feature as soon as we'll have a fully stable build! Thanks for the info! :)

Rax Garfield

Nov 11, 2012
Kyiv
Bluetooth kills RC4 but works on RC3

ItachiSama asks to confirm if Bluetooth file receiving works on AOSP ICS RC3 — yes it does, just checked.

___

There is a locale bug on the first boot: notifications about USB ('USB connected' and 'USB debugging connected') remain English no matter what language I set during the initial setup. A reboot, and ...well I get into a bootlop: it seems turning Bluetooth on is fatal for RC4 (always ran into this behavior when I enabled Bluetooth on RC4).

Screenshot_2013-03-24-14-06-57.png

M

mackief

ItachiSama asks to confirm if Bluetooth file receiving works on AOSP ICS RC3 — yes it does, just checked.

___

There is a locale bug on the first boot: notifications about USB ('USB connected' and 'USB debugging connected') remain English no matter what language I set during the initial setup. A reboot, and ...well I get into a bootlop: it seems turning Bluetooth on is fatal for RC4 (always ran into this behavior when I enabled Bluetooth on RC4).

View attachment 1829693
Have you checked if you can receive files with Bluetooth in RC3? Thanks for reporting. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FEEL FREE TO DONATE US FOR ALL WE'RE DOING FOR YOU!

Hey guys. This topic aims to be the right place for everyone to talk about every MoltenMotherBoard Team projects.
    As in the other threads you can only talk about DEVELOPMENT related topics, we created another thread which contains every needed topic.

So, don't feel worthless, intrusive, stupid! Here're welcomed all kinds of questions, but they have to be related to the team and its projects!

----- Useful contacts:
    ----- Team components:
    Do you want to report an issue? Do it here!
    In order to do it, create a new issue, choosing correct labels corrisponding to: Device/OS which you're using, ROM/project you're on, kind of issue.
    Also, please, be sure you're running the ROM/project in the exact way we've provided it to you (do not create issues if you're using different
    kernel, mod, plugins and dependencies we didn't tell to use).
    Goals and achievements

Do you know what is humility? :) If you are too much proud to say thanks to MMB team atleast dont talk bad. Almost all roms are bugfree but cant ALL to run well on our Gio because of low hardware..... but for me CM7.2 is not only bugfree, its super stable and completely assigned to my daily needs, thank you guys from Italy ;)

Actually we are the ones who should thank you.
    I think I speak for the whole team when I say that I am really happy to read this kind of comments.
    We are always encouraged to hear positive feedback about our work, it motivates us to move forward. Actually, if not for you guys probably we would've been discouraged long ago.
    Surely we do not think to be gods of computer science, but in all the things we have done we have always put all the possible effort and - most important - the passion we have for these things.
    With all of our faults, too: I am the first who has not been present especially in this forum as in other areas to support my team (for personal reasons and study), but when it comes to work on our projects I put effort and passion as everyone else.

Eventually, I think that setting goals that can be difficult to achieve can only be one more reason to do everything to achieve them.
    Bugfree? yea right lol , CyanogenMod can not make bugfree rom for our devices, you're going to get lol. could say with humility that, I'll try.

Do you know what is humility? :) If you are too much proud to say thanks to MMB team atleast dont talk bad. Almost all roms are bugfree but cant ALL to run well on our Gio because of low hardware..... but for me CM7.2 is not only bugfree, its super stable and completely assigned to my daily needs, thank you guys from Italy ;)
    Hi MMB team,

Are you working on MMB tweaks ? :rolleyes:
    Ok.. i have 2 p880 and i flash the rom on both of them... but they are getting the same MAC address and IP... so they can´t be conected to my wifi at the same time... help me to fix this please and thanks.

the rom is AOSP Lollipop 5.1.1

I had the same problem. You can change the mac of one of your devices by editing (/system)/etc/wifi/bcmdhd.cal with a root browser.
    Find the line 'macaddr' and replace the last two numbers with something different. In my case i just put a1 and it works.