• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Monitor Mode on Snapdragon Chipsets

Search This thread

rickunnis

Oct 31, 2013
phoenix
:laugh:

Hey, sorry it took so long, not diving real deep into my personal life but I have medical issues and cant always do the things that i wanna be doing every day lmao. But after a ton of this and that and some riff raff here and there RR Q is great but im biased towards RR so I would say its great if it werent. Havent fiddled with RR but for me right out the box, trebuchet doesnt work so gotta use pixel launcher. I know thats off topic but to correct that, I built a test kernel for nethunter using the kernel source for RR Q!!! buuuut i havent gotten to test it tho on account of my medical stuff but im gonna throw it on my google drive and leave you guys the link. Nethunter works fine without the kernel but of course you dont get the functions that the kernel brings to the table. Things like the ducky and Postgresql doesnt work but monitor mode and all regular stuff do work. OK, so lemme boot into my linux distro right quick and grab that kernel before im gone for the day, It could be days before i get to test the kernel and get building the whole nethunter package and what not. Check back in 15 20 mins.

I wasn't sweating it. Whenever mate.

xenomorph318

Jun 30, 2018
West Monroe
Nexus 7
Nexus 6
Hey guys just FYI, I managed to get the the full chroot zip to flash and work on Resurrection Remix...I had to swap over to the other slot, flash nethunter, then swap back..If you don't do all the slot swapping bit you will end up stuck on the boot logo.

entwicklun

Feb 14, 2012
All you need is the kernel for your device. Check Kali Nethunter site. I'm pretty sure they support the OP5.
Make a back up, and follow their directions... I can't even tell you how many times I've soft-bricked my devices.

what if you just want root and monitor mode so no net hunter for Full OS. because its someone's daily phone so don't want net hunter. how do they go into monitor mode?

rickunnis

Oct 31, 2013
phoenix
what if you just want root and monitor mode so no net hunter for Full OS. because its someone's daily phone so don't want net hunter. how do they go into monitor mode?

Ive thought about doing same myself. First off, im no expert at any of this. Dont consider anything i write as being 100% accurate....
With that said, you would still need kimcoders Qualcomm patch that enables monitor mode, which is built into nethunter. I know very little about coding, but i cant imagine it being too hard to build a simple, up to date airmon .apk. there is one, but i think its useless without this patch update.
Ive wanted the exact same thing.... And looked and looked, and half assed tried to use a couple different ide a make one myself. But.... I suck.

rigamarol

Nov 22, 2020
Cell service cuts out when wlan0 in monitor mode

Hey guys similar to the question about using kimcoder’s patch with a daily phone, I have monitor mode working on a google pixel 3a but when I run the custom command in kali, wlan0 goes into monitor mode but the cell service goes off. Anyone experience this same issue?

Last edited:

Rohanmuddyana

Sep 18, 2017
Hey guys similar to the question about using kimcoder’s patch with a daily phone, I have monitor mode working on a google pixel 3a but when I run the custom command in kali, wlan0 goes into monitor mode but the cell service goes off. Anyone experience this same issue?

How to patch can u plz explain bro I have a similar problem when wlan0 up WiFi cut off is their anyone know how to fix it btw iam using oneplus 3

izzuddinmeister

Oct 23, 2014
I have done and managed to enable monitor mode in oneplus 6T and it's a stock rom (not Nethunter here just basically enable Qualcomm to allow monitor mode working) I have unrooted using magisk that's it, let me see if I'm hard working enough publish the script into github for easier execution. Alternatively you can copy paste kimcoder from github but tedious process.

Follow these steps for manually enable wlan0mon using any of your desired terminal in my case I'm using Andrax pentest terminal.

1. Ensure you in superuser mode
    • sudo su
  2. Enable Monitor Mode
    • echo "4" > /sys/module/wlan/parameters/con_mode
  3. Now you can use wifite tool and start pentesting
    • wifite -i wlan0
  4. Important! Do exit/disable Monitor Mode once you've done cracking (otherwise you won't be able to use wifi anymore)
    • ip link set wlan0 down
    • echo "0" > /sys/module/wlan/parameters/con_mode
    • ip link set wlan0 up
  5. That's it! Enjoy! Hope it helps
Screenshot_20201211-063331__01.jpg

Screenshot_20201211-063344__01.jpg

Lastly I would like to showoff my Op6T Cyberpunk theme one of the hacker coolest theme.

Screenshot_20201211-064835.jpg

Last edited:

xenomorph318

Jun 30, 2018
West Monroe
Nexus 7
Nexus 6
Do you have any guide for oneplus3?
I can't enable it in my OP3.
What exactly do you need...give me a week or so and I'll stalk ebay and see if I can find a decent OP3 device I can buy. OP6t is the only OP I've owned.
**DERP**
Sorry for this edit here lol...I finally understood your question given the context lol....
The command to start monitor mode should be this

echo "4" > /sys/module/wlan/parameters/con_mode

That's assuming you have the custom kernel

Last edited:

shubhamvis98

Oct 4, 2016
India
shubhamvis98.github.io
What exactly do you need...give me a week or so and I'll stalk ebay and see if I can find a decent OP3 device I can buy. OP6t is the only OP I've owned.
**DERP**
Sorry for this edit here lol...I finally understood your question given the context lol....
The command to start monitor mode should be this

That's assuming you have the custom kernel
^^ this method is not working in LOS 18.1

when I built the qcacld-2.0 driver as module in my OP3 then I can enable monitor mode using insmod wlan.ko con_mode=4
But when I use airodump then it won't show any APs

xenomorph318

Jun 30, 2018
West Monroe
Nexus 7
Nexus 6
^^ this method is not working in LOS 18.1

when I built the qcacld-2.0 driver as module in my OP3 then I can enable monitor mode using insmod wlan.ko con_mode=4
But when I use airodump then it won't show any APs
Oh ok...well my man, like I said oneplus 6t is the only OnePlus I own, so I don't wanna talk like I know what the problem is because I don't, and chances are I would be wrong anyway. If I had the device myself I could tinker around and see if I could find something out. Have you happen to try and put and external adapter in and see if you get the same result? Or maybe even something other than lineage?

shubhamvis98

Oct 4, 2016
India
shubhamvis98.github.io
Oh ok...well my man, like I said oneplus 6t is the only OnePlus I own, so I don't wanna talk like I know what the problem is because I don't, and chances are I would be wrong anyway. If I had the device myself I could tinker around and see if I could find something out. Have you happen to try and put and external adapter in and see if you get the same result? Or maybe even something other than lineage?
I also tried with stock rom (android 9) but not working.
OP6T have qcacld-3.0 and OP3 uses qcacld-2.0 driver. The problem is only persist in qcacld-2.0.
I'm using RT2870 external wireless devices which is perfectly working. I have the issue with only internal wifi. I was desperately trying to enable monitor mode in my OP3 but at last, I had to buy an external wireless adapter. Well, thanks for the reply mate.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm posting this in the OnePlus 6t section as that is the device I achieved it on. But like the title states, monitor mode can be activated on the internal wireless adapter in Snapdragon chipsets. Which means the majority of mainstream Android devices.
    I just got a OnePlus7pro(which I'm still having fastboot problems with) and went to look at options for custom software, and so I went to Nethunter download page and bam, there it was! I updated my Nethunter with apt upgrade and apt-get upgrade. Also a new Nethunter app update showed up in the Nethunter store. And after updating I gave it shot and it actually works!
    You still need to be rooted, with a custom kernel. Don't ask me about my build, as it's pretty messy in my device.
    Believe it or not, it's very easy. I've succeeded in getting mon1 up and running on my oneplus3, oneplus5t, and now my 6t. But all were a pain in the a## . Not anymore...

https://github.com/kimocoder/qualcomm_android_monitor_mode
    https://www.kali.org/news/kali-nethunter-updates/
    Sure, here ya go
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/7vmc3lakfdz2ldm/Nethunter.zip/file

I take no credit for this kernel, all the credit goes to DJY, Kimocoder, and the Nethunter team. Im super new at this so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes....

IMPORTANT: You have to disable verity and encryption before you flash this. Im sure there are numerous ways to do this, I just opened magisk and unchecked preserve force encryption and unchecked preserve avb/dm-verity, then reinstalled magisk(direct install option). After that, reboot to recovery, flash kernel, and you should be good. I've tested on current OOS firmware, and current CrDroid ROM, both work fine.
    What do you mean? It builds itself....
    gitlab com/kalilinux/nethunter/build-scripts/kali-nethunter-project/tree/0fa001ea8d487939c2d6d30cf439cc3a5d3e9a9a/nethunter-installer

As far as it saying unsupported device, just open the kernel zip and open anykernel.sh in a text editor. Change device check from 1 to 0, then rezip and flash

No PC to build. Mind sharing the one you built?
    There arent any instructions about how to install/build the patch. Mind sharing?

There's no patch that needs to be made from how I read it. Only on older, unmaintained chipsets. My kernel hasn't had a update in at least a year, and it still worked. I did forget to mention I originally installed Nethunter through the Majisk modules, along with the wireless firmware module also. Like I said, it's a mess inside my device and I'm surprised everything works right.
    I'm guessing whatever patches were needed, were included in the recent Nethunter app update. That's all I did, was update Nethunter.
    I wasn't sweating it. Whenever mate.

I edited my previous post bro. :highfive: