Question More functions over switches/triggers ?

Search This thread

alcasas

May 12, 2020
Hello forum

Do you know if there is a software/app to add/configure more functionalities over switches/triggers ? I wonder if it's possible to use a switch for silence mode like iphones no matter if the button is always open or closed, or using a trigger button to take photos, if you have any info please share :)

thanks in advance

alcasas

May 12, 2020
Do you mean using the existing switches already on your device? (Power/VolUp/VolDn)
You can use Bluetooth clickers or even USB HID devices to do many things.
I use a custom Bluetooth clicker to turn pages on my Android ereader.
Yes i mean using integrated buttons, but not using power/volup/voldn, i mean using the extra buttons on the gaming edition: triggers and switches
176891210_1120713955114663_3739373516007350319_n.jpg

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
Do you still want to retain the buttons for gaming purposes? Or just repurpose them entirely?
You can remap the keys in a keylayout (in /system/etc, in /data/system or a keylayout apk).
You can easily map a key to call up a system app (like camera), but I'm not sure about taking photos.
You could patch a specific app to react to that stuff when it's in the foreground.

I have custom Bluetooth steering wheel controls that switches between apps.
But that only works because it's using non-standard HID that doesn't get snarfed by the foreground app.

alcasas

May 12, 2020
should that works to detect if switch is on/off (opened/closed)? i'll try with keylayout app

alcasas

May 12, 2020
Do you still want to retain the buttons for gaming purposes? Or just repurpose them entirely?
You can remap the keys in a keylayout (in /system/etc, in /data/system or a keylayout apk).
You can easily map a key to call up a system app (like camera), but I'm not sure about taking photos.
You could patch a specific app to react to that stuff when it's in the foreground.

I have custom Bluetooth steering wheel controls that switches between apps.
But that only works because it's using non-standard HID that doesn't get snarfed by the foreground app.
i just tried with keymapper apps, the buttons and switches are not detected

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you mean using the existing switches already on your device? (Power/VolUp/VolDn)
    You can use Bluetooth clickers or even USB HID devices to do many things.
    I use a custom Bluetooth clicker to turn pages on my Android ereader.