• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

More information on Infrared

Search This thread

etmatrix

Jan 6, 2015
I would like buy this phone and I trying to understand better the specs before buy.
Infrared sensor (IR Blaster) can emit and receive infrared or can only emit?
Previous version of this phone G4 can also receive infrared, so it can acquire codes from comands.

Thank you for your help.

PhantasmRezound

Mar 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
www.soundcloud.com
Which application have you tried for receive infrared?
Maybe irplus?
The stock ROMs come with LG's QuickRemote app. I usually stick to that for all remote needs. I did test out IRPlus briefly and confirmed it works fine with that as well.

The only issue I have with the IR Blaster is the window is somewhat small on the G5. You have to be pointing rather directly at it for it to send or receive signals. Certain case designs may make the problem worse if the cutout is too deep and/or narrow ( I'd like a case with an actual lens over the blaster...) Otherwise it gets the job done just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: etmatrix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which application have you tried for receive infrared?
    Maybe irplus?
    The stock ROMs come with LG's QuickRemote app. I usually stick to that for all remote needs. I did test out IRPlus briefly and confirmed it works fine with that as well.

The only issue I have with the IR Blaster is the window is somewhat small on the G5. You have to be pointing rather directly at it for it to send or receive signals. Certain case designs may make the problem worse if the cutout is too deep and/or narrow ( I'd like a case with an actual lens over the blaster...) Otherwise it gets the job done just fine.