More than just the battery?

Search This thread

grmcrkrs

Oct 28, 2013
Waco TX
My replacement seems to run faster.... is it just me?

Also, this one types and autocorrect like expected. My original was a sad frustrating mess.

I'm very happy with this turn of events

Reactions: ShrekOpher

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Where did you get the specific information on the battery type change? Thanks.

Straight from Samsung. A Li-Po battery is in a pouch and was the one being produced in Vietnam and South Korea, the Chinese manufacturer was making Li-Ion batteries, which come in a hard shell. If you look at the original phone's specs and compare the Chinese model to the USA/EU/Canada/Australian models you can see the phone came with 2 different batteries depending on where it was going to be sold.

Since the fix for our phones was to switch to the Chinese manufactured batteries that mean the replacement models have a Li-Ion battery instead of the Li-Po battery they originally came with.

For More information:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote...sion_what_is_the_advantage_of_a_lipo_battery/

http://bgr.com/2016/09/05/galaxy-note-7-recall-battery-explode/

http://www.androidauthority.com/lithium-ion-vs-lithium-polymer-whats-the-difference-27608/

Last edited:

JIML410

Nov 16, 2012
Chino
Package disabler pro.
24 hours after the green icon update, mine rebooted and optimized 2 apps. It then went into a boot loop at the AT&T logo. I had to hold the volume down, power and home buttons to get it to stop and reboot into recovery by quickly moving to the volume up. Cleared the cache and retried, same thing. I factory reset and restored my apps. I put it in standby and 20 seconds later it boot looped again. Long story short, it's package disabler pro. I tested by just disabling filesharing and bam, boot loop again. I was just about ready to take it back to AT&T when I decided to wipe it and restore one last time with all my apps but not PD Pro and it's been stable for 3 hours. Anyone else experience this?

pieman13

Jul 11, 2011
Rhode Island
24 hours after the green icon update, mine rebooted and optimized 2 apps. It then went into a boot loop at the AT&T logo. I had to hold the volume down, power and home buttons to get it to stop and reboot into recovery by quickly moving to the volume up. Cleared the cache and retried, same thing. I factory reset and restored my apps. I put it in standby and 20 seconds later it boot looped again. Long story short, it's package disabler pro. I tested by just disabling filesharing and bam, boot loop again. I was just about ready to take it back to AT&T when I decided to wipe it and restore one last time with all my apps but not PD Pro and it's been stable for 3 hours. Anyone else experience this?

Not yet but I have only disabled things like calendar and milk

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Package Disabler and EZ Package Disabler both say to disable the app before doing firmware updates. Unfortunately, this can't be done if the update occurs without your consent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

JIML410

Nov 16, 2012
Chino
Package Disabler and EZ Package Disabler both say to disable the app before doing firmware updates. Unfortunately, this can't be done if the update occurs without your consent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
Correct. I had it on the wireless charger in another room. When I went to see if it was done it was optimizing the apps. But it took another day before the boot loop started. I don't know why after wiping and going into Package Disabler Pro and choosing the same apps as before or just choosing 1 it boot loops. Do you think I need to go to Bestbuy or AT&T repair and have them reinstall the OS?

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
The phone is slightly heavier. The Li-Ion batteries in the replacement phones are a bit heavier than the Li-Po batteries that were defective.

Straight from Samsung. A Li-Po battery is in a pouch and was the one being produced in Vietnam and South Korea, the Chinese manufacturer was making Li-Ion batteries, which come in a hard shell.
Sorry, where do you see Samsung saying that the old Note 7s used LiPo instead of Li-ion, or that the new ones are heavier? I can't find that in their recall statement or product page, or in the CPSC's recall statement, or in any serious news source.

Samsung's Note 7 specs page still shows a weight of 169 grams, which is the same as before the recall (does yours weigh more than that?).

The New York Times says the defective batteries were Li-ion:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/03/business/samsung-galaxy-note-battery.html?_r=0

The Wall Street Journal also mentions only Li-ion batteries in regard to the recall:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/samsung...ll-brings-battery-maker-into-focus-1473082175

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts