• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MORPH] New xml animated transitions(Working on Rod's MIUI, Enom's, CM6.1)

Search This thread

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
Awesome! Working on my Sense rom as well. Although some screen transitions stay stock but the menu transitions are changed.

Here are the steps I took, in case someone wants to know:

- Download your prefered animation type. Get it from here. It is actually a zip of the anim folder.

- Extract your rom's framework-res.apk or any custom framework-res.apk you've made already (eg. UOT Circle zips)

- Replace the /res/anim/ folder with your chosen transition anim folder. Save the edited framework-res.apk

- create an update zip from the new framework-res.apk. I used this nifty program. The easiest way I did was to replace the framework-res.apk in a UOT circle update zip and resign it.

- Go into recovery and flash your update zip. You might want to wipe dalvik cache first.

- Reboot and enjoy.

Last edited:

dgart08

Aug 4, 2010
Confirmed working nicely on Enomther's latest. All the transitions are amazing except for the 3 page slide thing. It isn't very smooth...

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

fidorulz

May 12, 2010
For all users of this I would recommend downloading spare parts from the market and setting Window animations and Transition animations to fast. Makes the effects look better and smoother

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
I can't get it to work on my Nexus One (CM6RC1)..it keeps getting stuck on bootanimation... :(

I think, this is a known problem with metamorph.
Go to recovery, reflash your rom.
You didn't loose your data and settings.

And then try it again.
Never check the button "disable startup check " in metamorph and set the applying speed to 4200.

It will work on your phone.

send from my iPhone 5 GTI, using tapatalk.

kscasper13

Oct 30, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, FL
it's working great on my phone so far, how can i get the clicking sounds from the video though? :) i don't like the stock sound.

those are default Galaxy S/Vibrant sounds. go download a ROM from the vibrant forums, find the sound file is system/media/audio/ui, change it to Effect_Tick.ogg and move it to same folder on your phone through ADB or SU file browser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know if the metamorph files are posted, but here they are:

My favorite one is flyin, it is the least annoying of the bunch, followed by bounce. Flip and fold are just too much.