• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Most apps won't work on Windows 10 phone

Search This thread

RobSm1th

Jul 9, 2010
Need some guidance from a windows phone expert.

Just noticed that the bulk of my apps no longer work on my phone. It's a 640XL. Windows phone.

Examples: Camera, window store, file explorer, Sat nav, outlook mail, umber, Microsoft Edge, films and TV, gadgets, excel, PowerPoint, uber and a host of others.

Looking for a fix from an expert in these phones.

Your help greatly appreciated.

Rob

RobSm1th

Jul 9, 2010

venus94

Nov 25, 2018

Reset an unresponsive phone​

1. Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).
  2. When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
  3. Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

RobSm1th

Jul 9, 2010
I'm loathe to do a full reset in case I lose more functionality like my contacts for instance. I think this is a bigger problem and that Microsoft have done this in a final 'update'. Others must have experienced. Is your window phone still working okay?